132km/h sunday ride busted | GTAMotorcycle.com

132km/h sunday ride busted

If this was the hwy#6 I know....
Riders must be from some other area. .
Everyone around this area KNOWS that the road is heavily patrolled for speeders.
From Hwy 5 to the 401 it's a traffic cops wet dream...
It's also a bit of a death trap so... F-em. I hope those bikers get bent over hard.

Maybe we'll see a new thread started by one of those guys whining about their insurance woes

Doesn't look like that area - that whole length is 4 lanes except for a short piece near Morriston. But still ... Main roads like this are cop magnets. If you're passing everything in sight, even though you think you can, you probably shouldn't be.

The chopper is heading north while chasing them. There's only one 2 lane section of 6 that is true north/south. The part on 6S between the 403 and the Airport. There's no tailing ponds beside it. In fact, I don't think there's any tailing ponds that size or numbers anywhere along any part of 6N or 6S.

Wonder what the speed limit was there, 80 maybe?

Well... #6 is long... Lol.
'Could be up towards Tobermory or even Espanola..!

The latitude and longitude are on the display :) It's about halfway up the Bruce Peninsula. Between Owen Sound and Tobermory.

d1d5cbf296e679d302b453b85d2cd8b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the you've been framed bit at the end as the cop points out the helicopter...presumably as a response to the “no way was I going that fast” from the rider.

Only 2km faster than just a ticket. Seems excessive

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Only 2km faster than just a ticket. Seems excessive

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

If they got caught in a radar trap or paced, 2 KPH could be considered petty. It doesn't look like they tried a runner. However the expensive chopper involvement would need to be justified. Fifty over in an 80 is east to sneak up on. I was enjoying a trip down the 400, glancing at the speedometer I was at 145KPH, about 5 from walking home if caught.

Riders have to learn that once you're past beginner bikes the machines are like Thorobreds. They like to run.

Last edited:
I think 132 km/h is what they officially recorded to get them on stunting charges. Unofficially, the video had the plane clocking them at over 160 km/h.

I guess no bonus points for the prosecution for 80 over vs 50 over.

If the speed was adjusted down I am led to believe the prosecutor can reinstate the higher number if there is a not guilty plea. Thirty times whatever the rate is could buy a Presto Pass. Are you feeling lucky, punk?

the whole 50 over thing is F--K ing ridiculous, pure draconian facsism taking avehicle away for a week. I am not talking about this particular incident, but I had a friend on a st1300 Honda pass for safety reasons and also got caught going 50 over ( 130 in and 80) he was a real threat to safety and society.

What if you were being chased buy a guy who wanted to run you off the road and you needed to speed up and elude them to save your life?

BB

the whole 50 over thing is F--K ing ridiculous, pure draconian facsism taking avehicle away for a week. I am not talking about this particular incident, but I had a friend on a st1300 Honda pass for safety reasons and also got caught going 50 over ( 130 in and 80) he was a real threat to safety and society.

What if you were being chased buy a guy who wanted to run you off the road and you needed to speed up and elude them to save your life?

BB
Facts!!!
I had someone tailgating me in brampton
I sped up to like 140 I can get the **** away In another lane And away from trucks as well
And I slowed back right down

BB
I agree with you - it's actually martial law - the cop is judge and jury. A fellow I know got caught at 152 on the 407. It cost him $2000 for the tow, impound and licence reinstatement fee. The cop that arrested him is under investigation for tow truck stuff, he'll likely have his case thrown out however there is no remedy for the $2k and week of inconvenience.

The whole impound thing stinks and invites corruption. I'd rather see the cops have their own flatbeds and impound yards.

Facts!!!
I had someone tailgating me in brampton
I sped up to like 140 I can get the **** away In another lane And away from trucks as well
And I slowed back right down
Not a smart move. Just wait to get over to the right. OPP have been known to pull in close to a speeding driver to get them to speed up more. They use their stealth cars.

Back
Top Bottom