132km/h sunday ride busted | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

132km/h sunday ride busted

1. If you fight the HTA 172 ticket and win, are you reimbursed for the tow and week long impound fees?

2. The biggest problem with 172 is that the average speed on 400 series is probably close to 130. So if you're doing 150 you've deviated from the average speed less than if you were doing the posted speed limit. This in fact makes you safer on the road than a 'law abiding soccer mom'.
1) Hell no. Zippo, zilch, nada. Possible exception for the cases where they decided to prosecute police corruption. Some of them were apparently contacted but whatever happened was wrapped up in NDA's and I don't know if they contacted them all or just enough to testify.

2) There is no way the average is 130. I understand your point as the average is over 100, but at 130 in the vast majority of situations there will be multiple lanes going slower and no lanes going faster. 85th percentile speed (better metric than average as extreme outliers don't affect the number) will be ~115 to 120.

Totally agree. It's common knowledge that you can set your cruise for a bit under 120 and never have to worry.

Would love to see a judge's reaction to,"but everyone does 130".

1) That is complete horse siht! How is that even allowed? That right there is motivation enough to not stop.
2) Honestly, I was shocked recently when I went on the 401. I hardly ever need it anymore as I no longer commute, but, I was on it about 3 weeks ago and I would say the flow of traffic was closer to 140 that day. Admittedly, it was covid empty but couldn't believe how well traffic was moving. If it was like that when I did have to commute I wouldn't have hated life at all.

Doesn't matter what you think is horse ****.
The legal limit is the legal limit.

Last edited:
1) That is complete horse siht! How is that even allowed? That right there is motivation enough to not stop.
2) Honestly, I was shocked recently when I went on the 401. I hardly ever need it anymore as I no longer commute, but, I was on it about 3 weeks ago and I would say the flow of traffic was closer to 140 that day. Admittedly, it was covid empty but couldn't believe how well traffic was moving. If it was like that when I did have to commute I wouldn't have hated life at all.

2) We need more lanes to minimize congestion. Then everything gets better. Pure fiction.

Doesn't matter what you think is horse ****.
The legal limit is the legal limit.
So being punished before a hearing if you are innocent is acceptable? I don't care if you're guilty, you pay to play. But, if you're found innocent the towing/impound fees should definitely be reimbursed. The towing companies have been handed a golden goose with HTA 172, they should have to give you a refund if you're innocent.

So being punished before a hearing if you are innocent is acceptable? I don't care if you're guilty, you pay to play. But, if you're found innocent the towing/impound fees should definitely be reimbursed. The towing companies have been handed a golden goose with HTA 172, they should have to give you a refund if you're innocent.

Agreed. Make the AFTER CONVICTION punishment whatever they want.

Totally agree.

All this pearl clutching could be avoided if people just didnt speed.

Adhere to all traffic rules and bingo...!
No thickets... Then youd be able to at least start to prove that the police are just out to collect fines. (If they start conspiring to lay false charges)

Meanwhile in the People's Republic of Hamilton.............
50206525032_9981bb4499_b.jpg

Last edited:
(If they start conspiring to lay false charges)
There were "special" cops conspiring within hours of 172 becoming law.
Stonewalls in hamilton was built by a crooked cop who used kickback money from tow truck operators and impound owners.
So the story goes.

My cbr125 is pretty well matched to the required level of vehicle performance to suit Ontario's roads and speed limits. Even at that, there are few speed limits that it can't exceed, unless the wind is blowing from the wrong direction.

My non-turbo Fiat 500 is overkill. Being a european car, it's designed to cruise at 130, which is the sensible speed limit on most european motorways.

Not that I've ever tried that. Noooo sir. Not in 100 km/h Ontario.
Well in some places its 110 km lol But I digress Brian...

Meanwhile in the People's Republic of Hamilton.............
50206525032_9981bb4499_b.jpg

Your point..?
Look, I know everyone here is a traffic engineer, but... Just because you dont like the posted limit... doesnt mean it should be changed.
Speed if you want... you're free to make choices. You're not free from the consequences of your choices.

Now excuse me... I have to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn.

Your point..?

I guess I have to spell it out for you.

Arbitrary limits that differ wildly region to region based on agendas that have nothing to do with actual traffic patterns.

50206344601_d9cc56bd97_b.jpg

No thickets... Then youd be able to at least start to prove that the police are just out to collect fines. (If they start conspiring to lay false charges)

Honestly I tried. :(
A few weeks back I was on my way to Durham forest to go mountain biking.
Loaded up the bike and was running a bit behind. Headed out of Bowmanville up to Taunton rd and west. Was going to jump directly on the 407 to save time but I needed gas. So I followed Taunton on my way to the Shell at town line in Courtice.
Well apparently at Mitchel’s corner Just east of the Shell they dropped the speed limit from 60 to 50kmh.
So I was thinking I’m doing 90km in an 80km came over a hill where it drops to a 60
where I dropped to 70. When reality I was doing 90km in an 80 that drop to a 50 and I only dropped to 80km and bam I got nailed. I was polite and left with a 15km over ticket.

So for the next few weeks I tried really really hard to not go more than 10 over.
? It sucks so bad I’ve hardly even ridden the bike since.
How do you self control and really what’s the point of these high powered bikes.
What in the world is the reasoning behind my bike why dose it exist?

132km pfff that’s a joke. Until you can’t ride anymore Then it’s serious.

Honestly I tried. :(
A few weeks back I was on my way to Durham forest to go mountain biking.
Loaded up the bike and was running a bit behind. Headed out of Bowmanville up to Taunton rd and west. Was going to jump directly on the 407 to save time but I needed gas. So I followed Taunton on my way to the Shell at town line in Courtice.
Well apparently at Mitchel’s corner Just east of the Shell they dropped the speed limit from 60 to 50kmh.
So I was thinking I’m doing 90km in an 80km came over a hill where it drops to a 60
where I dropped to 70. When reality I was doing 90km in an 80 that drop to a 50 and I only dropped to 80km and bam I got nailed. I was polite and left with a 15km over ticket.

So for the next few weeks I tried really really hard to not go more than 10 over.
It sucks so bad I’ve hardly even ridden the bike since.
How do you self control and really what’s the point of these high powered bikes.
What in the world is the reasoning behind my bike why dose it exist?

132km pfff that’s a joke. Until you can’t ride anymore Then it’s serious.
Theres a reason I like 70-80 horses. I can feel like I'm playing but I'm still relatively legal. I drive for a living so I have to keep a clean record.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

On highway 11 somewhere past Barrie, crested a hill 6th gear wide open throttle lying flat on the tank, and saw a cop parked on the right running radar up ahead.

I shot a glance at the speedo of the cbr125 and stayed on it, flat out in 6th past the cop ... who was probably laughing.

Back
Top Bottom