Yuasa battery | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yuasa battery

JollyGreenGiant

Hello, it has been awhile since I'm on here, I hope everyone is doing well during these times.

Just a quick question and concern; I need to purchase a new battery for my bike (2013 Kawasaki ninja 636). The stock one brand is Yuasa but is there a different brand similar to stock ones at a reasonable price?

I try calling Snow City to buy the stock battery but i was on hold forever, so I hung up.

Thank you

call kapsco moto

There are a lot of cheap brands that mimic Yuasa part numbers for drop-in replacement. Lead acid batteries are not a complicated technology, so they will likely work, but they will likely not work as well or as long.

Example - the Yuasa part number for your bike is YTX9-BS. Here is a very cheap replacement for less than $40 - Yuasa YTX9-BS Powersports Replacement Battery: BatteryClerk.com - BatteryClerk.ca. I'm not saying it's good, or that I would trust it (I don't), but it exists

Edit: I will say this, though. You shouldn't be paying much more than $100 for a genuine Yuasa battery with that part number. The dealer may quote you something crazy for a battery, but it's literally the exact same battery you could get from Fortnine, Royal Distributing, or wherever. Pretty much any place that sells motorcycle accessories/parts can get Yuasa batteries.

Bought my last battery at Walmart 5 years ago, because I didn't want to wait.

call kapsco moto
I do not mean to knock them but I would say Buyer beware with their batteries.
I went through 3-4 batteries with them last year when I needed a cheap battery for my R6.
Eventually got my refund and ended up buying elsewhere.

Hello, it has been awhile since I'm on here, I hope everyone is doing well during these times.

Just a quick question and concern; I need to purchase a new battery for my bike (2013 Kawasaki ninja 636). The stock one brand is Yuasa but is there a different brand similar to stock ones at a reasonable price?

I try calling Snow City to buy the stock battery but i was on hold forever, so I hung up.

Thank you

Where are you located.
If you are near Halton, give Halton Industrial a call. Great local guys and they will cross reference the battery to one of their suppliers.
Great deal and great batteries.

I do not mean to knock them but I would say Buyer beware with their batteries.
I went through 3-4 batteries with them last year when I needed a cheap battery for my R6.
Eventually got my refund and ended up buying elsewhere.
I got the battery for my DRZ there. Delivered about 40$. No issues.

www.saskbattery.com

good place for your battery needs

85 bucks

i believe it will be shipped for free
Are their Yuasa's different? I bought a couple for my bikes and feel like they are weaker and discharge much faster when sitting over the winter.

The OEM Yuasa's I get from the dealer maintain their charge in my unheated garage all winter with zero issues, but these are around 2x the price of Saskbattery.

Are their Yuasa's different? I bought a couple for my bikes and feel like they are weaker and discharge much faster when sitting over the winter.

The OEM Yuasa's I get from the dealer maintain their charge in my unheated garage all winter with zero issues, but these are around 2x the price of Saskbattery.
good question.
they appear to be genuine yuasa batteries when looking at the website link pics. ?

good question.
they appear to be genuine yuasa batteries when looking at the website link pics. ?
I vaguely recall hearing years ago that some Yuasa's were made in the US and some were made in China. The ones made in the US were high quality and the ones in China would fail quicker, but I have no idea if this is nonsense or if there is any truth to it.

Another vote for the Walmart brand, Everstart. Made by Johnson Controls, not right off the boat from china as many think.

They've been strong and reliable for me. Used them in my Jetskis as well and both went the 5 years we owned them before selling. As always, maintenance is key, especially during the off season.

Go to canadian tire man, that's what I had in my track and as long as you take care of it, it'll be fine.

Thank you
Make sure you have a battery tender as well

Call GP Bikes, bought my yuasa battery from them for my HD. Was in stock no issues.

There are a lot of cheap brands that mimic Yuasa part numbers for drop-in replacement. Lead acid batteries are not a complicated technology, so they will likely work, but they will likely not work as well or as long.

Example - the Yuasa part number for your bike is YTX9-BS. Here is a very cheap replacement for less than $40 - Yuasa YTX9-BS Powersports Replacement Battery: BatteryClerk.com - BatteryClerk.ca. I'm not saying it's good, or that I would trust it (I don't), but it exists

I agree.

Couldn't find a Yuasa in the part of Europe we were in when our battery died, so we replaced it with a Unibat (Italian, I believe - which should raise all sorts of alarms and bells). It has lasted as long and cranked as hard as the Yuasa it replaced for less than half the price.

?‍♂️

call kapsco moto

I got three years out of mine-would have probably lasted longer but cold weather starts in March I felt it was starting to struggle so I replaced it .I bought it at the time as no other bike shop had one in stock and got my money worth out of it.

Back
Top Bottom