You know you're downtown when | GTAMotorcycle.com

You know you're downtown when

Someone parks like this right next to you! I couldn't even straighten the bike in the parking spot
:rolleyes:

That's when you call the metermaids on him.. Finally get some proper use out of them.

Hahaha! That's kind of impressive. The other I saw the most incredible parallel parking job, some guy was stuffing a minivan into a space where I swear he had less than a foot on either side.

Must have been uptown. Downtown one of your tires would be off the ground, from the car leaning against the bike.

Just curious as to what would happen if you parked a bike or even a pickup truck the same way on the other side of the car? In fact maybe one pickup on each end of the car?

Last edited:
Hey, I have that same car, license plate isn't mine though :p. That car is big, I am surprised they got it in with that much precision. Impressive indeed but very douchy.

Don't park like that. Park at an angle and you won't have this problem, your parked too... almost perfectly horizontal, so that gives the moron reverse parking a perfect marker, but if you park it 45 degrees or something like that to the side pavement...the driver won't park that close to your bike because he won't be able to make out how close he/she is and not be able to see your front tire etc and won't risk getting any closer.

Hey, I have that same car, license plate isn't mine though :p. That car is big, I am surprised they got it in with that much precision. Impressive indeed but very douchy.

No it's not... It's very easy to park like that if you have a spotter.

Don't park like that. Park at an angle and you won't have this problem, your parked too... almost perfectly horizontal, so that gives the moron reverse parking a perfect marker, but if you park it 45 degrees or something like that to the side pavement...the driver won't park that close to your bike because he won't be able to make out how close he/she is and not be able to see your front tire etc and won't risk getting any closer.
or they will just hit your bike and then leave.

valve stem remover...how many times do i have to repeat myself...then park bike elsewhere, buy a sandwich and hopefully he comes back while you are eating it sitting across the street, just for the giggles out of shear frustration...

I wonder if just scraping your pegs over his bumper (bonus points for extra pressure resulting in deep gouging) would result in any legal penalties. I know that the valve stem remover solution might result in some charges.

You got the license plate number, I would try calling the parking authority and see if you can get this guy ticketed.

I wonder if just scraping your pegs over his bumper (bonus points for extra pressure resulting in deep gouging) would result in any legal penalties. I know that the valve stem remover solution might result in some charges.

Depending on how angry the other guy is and which way the wind is blowing, I can see you being charged with vandalism or hit and run. If you're thinking of claiming you didn't know, then even if you got off you would still have to deal with the driver's insurance claim. And of course this all assumes there is a witness.

I figured, there would be something along those lines.. You could always claim that he hit your bike and you just extricated it, though :cool:
In any case, calling the meter-maids on him would be a good solution and they get to do some useful work instead of robbing people.

people do this *ish to me too when I ride downtown. Pisses me off when I can't get on my bike because some idiot tried to squeeze is a space where he doesn't fit.

tooclose-1.jpg

You got the license plate number, I would try calling the parking authority and see if you can get this guy ticketed.

then the meter maid would give the bike a ticket 'cause it's parked at an angle bigger then 60 degrees

then the meter maid would give the bike a ticket 'cause it's parked at an angle bigger then 60 degrees

Yeah.. Uhmm.. First the ****er moves my bike and then parks right up to it.. How am I supposed to get out? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom