Yamaha Super Tenere | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Super Tenere

They are very similar. Doesn't have the BMW ownership prestige tho. Lol
Don’t need that.

Just need a big enough pillion to help a fellow BMW rider get between home, the bank and dealership.

Tick tick tick tick. Thank you.:)
Indeed. I shopped them years back before I bought my Multistrada and chatted with the guys on ADVrider a lot about them. One guy went through some of the sportier ADV's (MTS, Tiger, etc) after owning the S10 and being tired of the useable but unexciting power but years later bought another S10 because it checked the box's he needed.

congrats

Got about 600km on it now.Oooh Ahhh. Only complaint is a minor one.The seat is very slightly lower in front than the back (like most bikes) Because it is adjustable,it sits on 1" rubber pads that pop in and out easily.Yamaha has 1/2" rubber pads that can be swapped out.I put the smaller ones in the back and left the seat in the low position.Perfectly level now.First bike i have ever owned that won't need an aftermarket replacement or rebuild.
First pic...before. Second pic...after.
xCIldJT.jpg

rUYKLDS.jpg

Do you have to update your wall of logo's now?

ABS and TC. I hate them! Did some gravel roads in the last week. I can turn the TC off or set it to 2 different levels, but the ABS sucks.

ABS and TC. I hate them! Did some gravel roads in the last week. I can turn the TC off or set it to 2 different levels, but the ABS sucks.

What I like about the GS is that in Enduro mode, it dials back the ABS on the rear all the way so you can slide it out at will, yet retaining some level of anti-lock on the front so you don't wash out.

Funny you mention ABS on gravel, I *just* finished watching this video from Bret Tkacs on off-road oriented ABS:

I found it very informative and gave me a lot more confidence in my bike's electronics.

experienced my first instance of being annoyed with TC few weeks back when @Maniac and i hit Burks falls. We ended up on a road under construction and hit a nice patch of sand a few inches deep. I gave it a run and about 1/3 through TC kicked in and cut all my power...i was like "uhhh no, power back please. NAO!" Managed to keep her up and get out but it was not ideal.

Then on Tuesday i almost tucked the front end turning out of a gravel parking lot onto the street. I learned to love TC again. :love:

You can wire a switch to the ABS fuse to allow you to manually switch it off. Agree with you on TC, scares the crap out of me when it cuts all power when you hit a good crack in the road on hard acceleration.

Well break in is done. Oil change to full synth and rear drive lube change are a breeze.
Low fuel lite came on last nite. Filled up with 15.6l. I'm very surprised that this 1200 gets 50mpg! (4.7l/100km)
With the 23l tank it will easily get 400km.
The skinny little tires still make me a bit nervous. I'm accustomed to have a big 180 or 190 back there. I'm using all the tire already.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom