Yamaha R3 Tire Recommendations | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha R3 Tire Recommendations

油井緋色;2477268 said:
A little harsh and fast don't you think? He's new, we were all there once.

This is how we make snowflakes. Many others provided great info including the resident *mechanic, Frekeguy* and arogel still went against the salient quality information based from experience to write something as stupid as comparing a Kraptana and how the tire looked.

1. I read what sag was and I was going by what all the people on the R3 forums were suggesting... I never got legit measurements for weight. I am no expert, or I would have not asked. Like I said, I will do my research to see exactly how much sag is needed. Have a drink.
2. Once again I am no pro in this field, cars one thing, bikes another, I'm new to them. He felt that when he had the 160 on his rear that it was going to back out when leaning low, where he did not get that feeling with the smaller 150.
3.I will not get a skateboard, it has 4 wheels. If anything I'd go back to a bicycle which has 2.
4. Does "D" stand for d*ick or douchb*g because you definitely come off as both.
5. I am just looking for an answer and you always troll the forums and have some bullshi*t to say. Cheer up bello

And you want to have spirited rides on your R3 that you have not ridden yet but know the tires are bad.
Go work on spirited rides on your bicycle with the decreasing middle bar.

Welcome to the interwebs. Anonymity makes them feel strong.

Until they get some of that back about their 'track bike' theyre trying to sell, then they start whining lmao

Oh, so you know I had a track bike...what does that tell you, duh! And I sold it for exactly what I wanted to a buyer that appreciated my effort put into the bike so much so they still call it my bike and invited me to ride it whenever I want. Get some intelligence and integrity then you have a position of strength to debate with me.
You tried many times to match your knowledge with me and you got shut down every time. There now you got your other ignorant rider pal aerogel to ride with you.
You are new and dispensing information from a base of no experience.
Did you finally get a bike?

D stands for whatever you want champ... Did you notice that no other KNOWLEDGEABLE rider/member chimed in to say anything against me?
You get the best advice from Brian P. he has a higher tolerance for people like you.

I believe someone mentioned how many posts I have, pretty sure I am not anonymous...tough guy.
You must have a small pee pee (hence the name BIG POPPA) because your default position it to engage people in a physical meeting.
Go learn to ride your bike, lmk when you ready, you can crush my ego another way...lmk what bike you want to use and I will use one that is less cc, toss in $1k for some fun. Let's see who finishes first. You gamed BIG POPPA?

1. I read what sag was and I was going by what all the people on the R3 forums were suggesting... I never got legit measurements for weight. I am no expert, or I would have not asked. Like I said, I will do my research to see exactly how much sag is needed. Have a drink.
2. Once again I am no pro in this field, cars one thing, bikes another, I'm new to them. He felt that when he had the 160 on his rear that it was going to back out when leaning low, where he did not get that feeling with the smaller 150.
3.I will not get a skateboard, it has 4 wheels. If anything I'd go back to a bicycle which has 2.
4. Does "D" stand for d*ick or douchb*g because you definitely come off as both.
5. I am just looking for an answer and you always troll the forums and have some bullshi*t to say. Cheer up bello

That's when you use ignore list bud. No point wasting time. It's in your profile settings.

This is how we make snowflakes. Many others provided great info including the resident *mechanic, Frekeguy* and arogel still went against the salient quality information based from experience to write something as stupid as comparing a Kraptana and how the tire looked.

And you want to have spirited rides on your R3 that you have not ridden yet but know the tires are bad.

Oh, so you know I had a track bike...what does that tell you, duh! And I sold it for exactly what I wanted to a buyer that appreciated my effort put into the bike so much so they still call it my bike and invited me to ride it whenever I want. Get some intelligence and integrity then you have a position of strength to debate with me.
You tried many times to match your knowledge with me and you got shut down every time. There now you got your other ignorant rider pal aerogel to ride with you.

D stands for whatever you want champ... Did you notice that no other KNOWLEDGEABLE rider/member chimed in to say anything against me?
You get the best advice from Brian P. he has a higher tolerance for people like you.

I believe someone mentioned how many posts I have, pretty sure I am not anonymous...tough guy.
You must have a small pee pee (hence the name BIG POPPA) because your default position it to engage people in a physical meeting.
Go learn to ride your bike, lmk when you ready, you can crush my ego another way...lmk what bike you want to use and I will use one that is less cc, toss in $1k for some fun. Let's see who finishes first. You gamed BIG POPPA?

Very interesting

Dude you seriously need to relax. Why are you so angry? I feel sorry for your family. I put 4500kms on it in the fall. So yes I have rode it. It's "arogal" bud. Learn how to spell.

Last edited:
Made my decision and I'm just gunna go with the Michelin Piltot street radials. Heard they perform much better than the stock bias poly which I'm running now.
But I'll stop with the posts on GTA forum and use other ones as some users make this anything but enjoyable.

Last edited:
do those poly tires come with mud+snowflake rating?

Aren't they always this way. ;)
That's because most people on here don't realize that their opinion is just that, an opinion. Most of them feel the need to argue and call names until everyone agrees that they are "RIGHT"!
Pretty sad really...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the positive critisism. Maybe my friend was wrong and it was all in his head. I will consider the 150s as there is much more choice of tire

From real world forum member feedback - the person who owns this R3 was in similar shoes.
They did not feel confident on the stock tires - I believe it was around 4100kms when they opted to switch out the stock tires.

The OEM tires had a lot of area on the corners where they never had been, with the new sticky tires - which was actually a Dunlop GPR 300 they are able to lean the bike over more and are way more confident with the bike's handling.

The 140 vs 150 below not only shows that the 150 is wider, but tire profiles also vary between mfg's and type of tire.
The odds of using every inch of a 150 wide is slim - but the reason why I suggested the 150 wide option is there might be more choices.

13304966_1194405693937596_2869507292917224600_o.jpg

Also if yours is a 2015 R3 - hows your coolant. I've seen two 2015's have coolant leak....

Last edited:
I've installed two sets of those M7RR's for forum members - they seem to be loving it.
One is a pretty spirited rider.

This is my next choice for my bike. Reviews said it's the best tire in the wet out of the options available in my sizes. Or at least the reviews I could find. I was actually kind of surprised by that as the tread pattern doesn't look that great for evacuating water.

I found the Diablo Rosso II's to be not so good for wet braking. I'm now running Continental Sport Attack 2's and like them better than the Diablo Rosso II's but the Rosso's were also older. Both the Diablo Rosso's and Conti Sport Attack have a version III/3 out now but from what I found the M7RR's still got better reviews. My sizes are 110/70/17 front, 150/60/17 rear.

Last edited:
This is my next choice for my bike. Reviews said it's the best tire in the wet out of the options available in my sizes. Or at least the reviews I could find. I was actually kind of surprised by that as the tread pattern doesn't look that great for evacuating water.

I found the Diablo Rosso II's to be not so good for wet braking. I'm now running Continental Sport Attack 2's and like them better than the Diablo Rosso II's but the Rosso's were also older. Both the Diablo Rosso's and Conti Sport Attack have a version III/3 out now but from what I found the M7RR's still got better reviews. My sizes are 110/70/17 front, 150/60/17 rear.

You should give the Bridgestone S21 Evo a try, they are a great 90/10 tire (like the Rosso) and hold up a little better. If you want a great track tire try the RS10 Bridgestone as well. It replaced the BT-003 in 2016.

Also Michelin has released brand new racing tires that come in 140s and 150s as of this Feb.

With the LWT Superbike FIM series airing with Supersport and Superbike, their will be lots of little bike race parts coming down the pipeline.

Dude you seriously need to relax. Why are you so angry? I feel sorry for your family. I put 4500kms on it in the fall. So yes I have rode it. It's "arogal" bud. Learn how to spell.

pardon me, not anger, just my allergies kicking in when stupidity gets into my eyes
4500km (401 expereince)...ok we take notes from you now...got a YouTube video sharing your wisdom
good luck with your riding career arogel

You should give the Bridgestone S21 Evo a try, they are a great 90/10 tire (like the Rosso) and hold up a little better. If you want a great track tire try the RS10 Bridgestone as well. It replaced the BT-003 in 2016.

Also Michelin has released brand new racing tires that come in 140s and 150s as of this Feb.

With the LWT Superbike FIM series airing with Supersport and Superbike, their will be lots of little bike race parts coming down the pipeline.

Thanks for the suggestions. Mostly all I care about is wet grip. I don't do track days. I'd go with a PR4 if they sold them in my size.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. Mostly all I care about is wet grip. I don't do track days. I'd go with a PR4 if they sold them in my size.

That would've been my go tire as well...

I've never been a fan of metzler...but after this tire - its temping to try out.

They make a Pr3 in a 150/60-17 I used them on my racebike as wet weather tires. Also they fit on a CBR250 rim...They will also fit on the R3.

That would've been my go tire as well...

I've never been a fan of metzler...but after this tire - its temping to try out.
. I would say try them out, there are the best street sporty wet tire out there imo. However I may be biased. I have never been a dumrock fan.

They make a Pr3 in a 150/60-17 I used them on my racebike as wet weather tires. Also they fit on a CBR250 rim...They will also fit on the R3.
That doesn't help me for the front. I avoid mixing brands and models.

Back
Top Bottom