XBMC and Live Streaming Sites | GTAMotorcycle.com

XBMC and Live Streaming Sites

SONIC

I've been a torrent user a few years but have recently switched over to live streaming sites as they've gotten more reliable. I've been on XBMC off my laptop for a few month's now but haven't had much luck with live TV and sporting events. There are some shows like SOA that aren't airing on FX anymore or some live sports that are't always on the usual cable channels.

For XBMC i'm on 1 Channel and Ice Films, they have a pretty good selection of TV and movies but no live shows or sports. I've had some success with live sports on a site called http://firstrowus1.eu/‎ but the quality most times is crap.

Anyone have any live XBMC add-ons or websites for live TV or sports that are streaming in HD or good quality?

Had my Appletv 2 jail-broken for over a year just can`t figure the thing out .Just download the shows I want.

Although it seems to be hit or miss these days, navi-x can be installed and there are a few site's dedicated to live tv including sports. Not sure on the content though.

Tagged this as I'm also an XBMC user and because I'm running it on a Linux box, can't do Silverlight, which means no Netflix

Op I'm having the same issue. Have a jail broken android. Have channel 1, ice films, mash up, vevo, etc. but can't get any of the live events I thought i could. Would love it for football or hockey especially. Any help would be greatly appreciated on my end as well.

Had my Appletv 2 jail-broken for over a year just can`t figure the thing out .Just download the shows I want.

I hear a lot of people using jailbroken Apple Tv's, but from what i hear is it's slow and becomes unstable. In my opinion the only benefit ti appleTV is it's compact and portable in that you can take it anywhere and just plug it in.

I hear a lot of people using jailbroken Apple Tv's, but from what i hear is it's slow and becomes unstable. In my opinion the only benefit ti appleTV is it's compact and portable in that you can take it anywhere and just plug it in.

You are somewhat correct. It's not that bad. It at least me myself haven't run into major issues. I have had to learn a bit of patience. But it's free so patience has become easier!

I seen some advertising for magic tv on kijiji supposedly 3500 channels live tv and a lot in hd

magic tv is just another media center with a differernt media streaming software like xbmc, likely already preloaded with the same channels you can get with xbmc, except xbmc is free. It's probably just as slow and unrelaible as using xbmc on appltv or any other media device, you can't beat the reliability and power of PC or laptop to drive this kind of thing.

XBMC isn't perfect by any means but is pretty solid and its free. The only downside is it isn't plug and play and you have to understand how it works with downloading add-ons.

Op I'm having the same issue. Have a jail broken android. Have channel 1, ice films, mash up, vevo, etc. but can't get any of the live events I thought i could. Would love it for football or hockey especially. Any help would be greatly appreciated on my end as well.

No such thing.

if you have an Apple tv 2, and having lag issues...a simple reboot, might free up some memory, and should work better.

images

Last edited:
Moviebox for iphone is amazing. Check if they have it for appletv in cydia. Beats navix by miles.

I really hate when people say something without doing research. But because I don't like being told in wrong I did a simple google search.
And kijiji popped up, which just happened to be where I bought my android jail broken box from. Which I'm currently watching son of anarchy on.

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...F-MOVIES-SHOWS-AND-LIVE-TV-W0QQAdIdZ522910666

Jailbreaking refers to apple products only. Your "research" is a stupid ad on kijiji.

Last edited:
Moviebox for iphone is amazing. Check if they have it for appletv in cydia. Beats navix by miles.

Jailbreaking refers to apple products only. Your "research" is a stupid ad on kijiji.

Not true. Jailbreaking is simply removing factory restrictions and being able to run home few code. For example, the ps3 was jailbroken.

Android process is technically called rooting, but jail breaking could also apply.

That guy on kijiji is really ripping people off, but he is no diff than people asking $300 for apple tv2.

Last edited:

Don't tell me apple tv bought that term!!!?! ;)

Not true. Jailbreaking is simply removing factory restrictions and being able to run home few code. For example, the ps3 was jailbroken.

Android process is technically called rooting, but jail breaking could also apply.

That guy on kijiji is really ripping people off, but he is no diff than people asking $300 for apple tv2.

This is true. I bought mine for 120 and delivered! Sure the box probably costs 50 bucks for him. But I am far from a computer guy!

Back
Top Bottom