WTF is this trike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

WTF is this trike?

bombshelter13

Hey guys,

My girlfriend saw this trike parked outside her building and her friend snapped a photo. Anyone have any idea what it is?

287pyyt.jpg

Your thread title should read "WhyTF is this trike?"

55g's for that? Younger girls would rather hop on an R1.. Older women would rather hop into a roadster.. Still can't figure out what they were thinking and why anyone would shell out that kinda dough for it.

55g's for that? Younger girls would rather hop on an R1.. Older women would rather hop into a roadster.. Still can't figure out what they were thinking and why anyone would shell out that kinda dough for it.
0-60 in under 4 seconds and 1.3 lateral g's. Modified Hayabusa motor in a "car" weighing barely 1000 lbs. Apparently they're a hoot at the track, and a far cheaper performance bang for your buck than a Porshe or similar. But 55 grande is pretty steep.

55grand and can't be registered in Ontario....

u can also get the Aero kit for them
photo_acc.png

they're pretty cool toys in my opinion

I have seen a few with Ontario plates, where did you get the info that you can't?

the reason they are not legal in Ontario is because Ontario classifies trikes as motorcycles and to be a motorcycle it needs a seat you straddle, a handlebar (not a steering wheel) and separate break system for the front and back brake. Also it can't have a "cage" around the driver. To classify it as a car, then you need 5mph bumpers and a bunch of other things. This trike is neither a car or a motorcycle in Ontario.

33. The T-Rex vehicle has 3 wheels? Can it be registered as a motor tricycle?

• The Ministry is adopting the federal definition of a motor tricycle.
  • Federally, the T-Rex is classified under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (MVSA) as a three-wheeled vehicle, not a motor tricycle like the Spyder.
  • The province of Ontario has not adopted the federal three-wheeled vehicle definition nor developed regulations in support of this three-wheeled vehicle class. Three-wheeled vehicles have been registered in Ontario in the past but must meet provincial safety and equipment requirements for passenger vehicles in order to be eligible for operation on Ontario’s roads.
  • The T-Rex does not meet provincial safety and equipment requirements for passenger vehicles.
  • The typical difference between a motor tricycle and a three-wheeled vehicle is that the motor tricycle has steering handlebars and the occupants sit astride while a three-wheeled vehicle has a steering wheel and the occupants sit in conventional seats.
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/emerging/motortricycles_faq.shtml

the reason they are not legal in Ontario is because Ontario classifies trikes as motorcycles and to be a motorcycle it needs a seat you straddle, a handlebar (not a steering wheel) and separate break system for the front and back brake. Also it can't have a "cage" around the driver. To classify it as a car, then you need 5mph bumpers and a bunch of other things. This trike is neither a car or a motorcycle in Ontario.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/emerging/motortricycles_faq.shtml

Good find, thanks for sharing!
I am from Québec and when I go visit family in the summer time I see the T-Rex's everywhere, they're kind of neat actually. Haven't had the chance to try one though.

Whenever I try to speak of this vehicle to people here in Ontario who have never seen one, they think I am referring to the Can-Am Spyder, and I facepalm and tell them "for the 5th time, it's not the Spyder!".
Eventually I find a picture or video online and then they ask why they haven't seen one in Ontario.
I always replied with "for some reason you can't register them here, don't know why", but now I have been enlightened.

Thanks Splash!

yupp, t-rex, id loooooove one

my friend has one. They are not all T-rex's. You can buy body kits and build one yourself for about $20k

0-60 in under 4 seconds and 1.3 lateral g's. Modified Hayabusa motor in a "car" weighing barely 1000 lbs. Apparently they're a hoot at the track, and a far cheaper performance bang for your buck than a Porshe or similar. But 55 grande is pretty steep.
I think the engine's are either Kawasaki or Harley

I think the engine's are either Kawasaki or Harley

GSXR-1100 Powered (1996-2000)
ZX12 Powered (2001-2002)
S&S Powered Thunder Edition T/R (2003)
ZZR1200 Powered (2003-2006)
ZX14R Powered 1400R (2007-)

Back
Top Bottom