WTF is going on with Motorcycle deaths? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

WTF is going on with Motorcycle deaths?

Really?? I've never heard about that ( like half of Dundas I suppose) Where the heck is that?

Part of the nuclear testing faculty building at Mac. Right next to the The Reactor coffee shop (I kid you not).

I like this tangent...something different than COVID and economy. Unfortunately the thread is sad for obvious reasons.

Velocity Exacerbates!

No idea how long the rider was in the car's Blindspot. But it's not a good place to be.
Was that car horn, or bike horn?
Yeah, I did observe that I was in his blindspot but I was trying to pass him. I installed a truck horn. Didn't even work. The least the guy could do is just go back into his lane ? Live and learn I guess. Excuse the finger, I was upset.

@Max527 at the very beginning on the video as you are pulling into his blind spot his left turn signal is on? Why would you pull into his blind spot or try to pass him while he was indicating that he was going to move into that lane.

Not great that he moved into your lane but the only person responsible for putting you in that position is yourself.

Moto - Streamable here's some more "before" footage. Clearly no signal notice before.

Fair enough. You still look at the signal twice around the 4-5 second mark and continue to kind of hang out in the blind spot. Either roll off and let him in or get clearly out front quickly.

We’re tough to see. No need to make it any harder.

Fair enough. You still look at the signal twice around the 4-5 second mark and continue to kind of hang out in the blind spot. Either roll off and let him in or get clearly out front quickly.

We’re tough to see. No need to make it any harder.
Agreed. I was in the wrong spot. I ride all year long downtown and this never happens or I'd be posting more frequently.

Last edited:
Happens to everybody. Recognise what could be done differently, implement that going forward, move on.

It's impossible to overtake another vehicle without at least momentarily being in that vehicle's blind spot. The risk can not be completely eliminated ... only minimised where practical. Do that ...

I’ve been in that position a thousand times, a couple of tips:
  • Ride in the left track, not the hump, you are slightly more visible.
  • Grab a fistful of brake and let the othe vehicle have their way. Not much good about sayin “I was right” from a gurney.
  • Don’t rely on a horn, I have never known one that reliably corrects the actions of a careless or distracted driver

I’ve been in that position a thousand times, a couple of tips:
  • Ride in the left track, not the hump, you are slightly more visible.
  • Grab a fistful of brake and let the othe vehicle have their way. Not much good about sayin “I was right” from a gurney.
  • Don’t rely on a horn, I have never known one that reliably corrects the actions of a careless or distracted driver
Thanks Mike.

Yeah, I did observe that I was in his blindspot but I was trying to pass him. I installed a truck horn. Didn't even work. The least the guy could do is just go back into his lane ? Live and learn I guess. Excuse the finger, I was upset.
You were trying to pass him?????
What are you riding???
Is that a YSR50?

Your horn worked fine.
He heard it.
It ****** him off.
You lived.

There is a really big lesson there.
What's the lesson, a loud horn on an invisible motorcycle is a useless afterthought,
or cager was still looking for the truck he cut off.

Back
Top Bottom