WTF is going on with Motorcycle deaths? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

WTF is going on with Motorcycle deaths?

Here it is with yellow lenses fitted.Even better.
F57LHhx.jpg

I like that setup. If I recall @ScorpionT16 had a nice lighting setup on his CB500X he just sold as well. Lights do save lives, and especially when they're spread out like that as it allows all traffic to get a better gauge of your closing speed. A single light is much more difficult to gauge speed and closing distance.

Yeh, they made a huge difference, esp mounted down low. For starters it creates a triangle, so doesn't get mistaken for a car, being low it doesn't blind oncoming traffic so I had them hardwired to start with the ignition, and they light up the corners really well too. I felt a difference in people noticing on the road as-well, since they turn with the wheels at an intersection, it catches drivers eyes. I've found myself coming down from up north a little late sometimes, and with no street lights, I'm yet to find a stock headlight that actually illumanates more than a candle.

So much so, I've been in talks with cyclops lighting to get something worked out for the next bike. They have these new lights called Aurora, with a orange DLR halo, that can be used as a turn signal as-well. And in a small 2in package, they've crammed a a 2000lumens Cree light, which is crazy, so will plug that with the high beam.

DSC_0267-X3.jpg

So are these uh..denali's or some other ones?

Danger confronted properly is not something a man must fear.

This is a really good read for those interested, F9s articles are as good as their videos.

how-dangerous-are-motorcycles

"The average Canadian motorcyclist is in 13.5 times more danger than a car driver. But statistically, the “average Canadian motorcyclist” is not 100% familiar with their motorcycle. They are not 100% sober nor 100% within speed limits. The average rider is not 100% decked-out in safety equipment nor 100% graduated from rider training. And the day when 100% of motorcycles have ABS and traction control will probably never arrive.

The good news is, YOU can choose to be 100% covered in all these areas. And for every way that you become better than average, the number “13.5” starts to drop.

So the next time someone condescends about your "donorcycle," you can take them down from their high horse. Or high Volvo, as it were..."

just a snippet, the whole read puts things in perspective.

I just realised that something of a milestone passed a year or so ago without me knowing it.

Half a million kilometres on street bikes (total of all bikes). I just added up the total of all bikes currently owned plus what I put on those that I've sold, and it's around 525,000 km, which means the half a million mark would have been reached about a year ago.

I am not a big fan of the hi-viz neon movement. If you are using those lights at night, ok that's no problem. But blinding others during the day is a dick move, plus IMO gives you a false sense of security.

I am not a big fan of the hi-viz neon movement. If you are using those lights at night, ok that's no problem. But blinding others during the day is a dick move, plus IMO gives you a false sense of security.
I don't understand most of this posts. Are you talking about hi-viz clothing or lights?
I don't get the false sense of security. If you are blinding others during the day, you are definitely more visible. You can't have it both ways (blinding and less visible). You can have not blinding and more visible. Check out trains with the wig wag lights based on a ton of research. They aren't all that bright but they are very noticeable.

I don't understand most of this posts. Are you talking about hi-viz clothing or lights?
I don't get the false sense of security. If you are blinding others during the day, you are definitely more visible. You can't have it both ways (blinding and less visible). You can have not blinding and more visible. Check out trains with the wig wag lights based on a ton of research. They aren't all that bright but they are very noticeable.

I have always felt to ride as you are invisible is the best approach. If your thing is blinding old folks with your fancy lights so be it.

I can hear that banshee wail of the sport bikes all day up here. Almost all of the deaths are sport bike riders. They're all pros don't cha know? If you told them to slow down they just laugh at you. After that, there's not much you can do.
Its also the cagers who are too busy with their mobile phones or putting on make up etc etc. Ive been on a sport bike in GTA for 15 years or so and i have tons of stories where a cager almost knocked me and my friends out, and the worst part when you confront those drivers ? They have absolutely no freakin idea that they almost just killed you with their negligence

Mine are on low beam and aimed slightly down.

Depends on the lights and how you angle them. I've never blinded anyone, so low, and at 700 Lumens, I know bicycle lights with more power. Any more than that, you can always put them on a switch. During the day it's so bright, the lights are just points, enough to notice, nowhere near blinding territory. False sense of security, understand a lot don't mount these just to be seen, thats just a bonus, I mount them to see. When off-road or stuck up north at night, out of a city, and critters out, dark comes quick.

lol, give it a rest with the sport bike stereo types. I hear harleys all day "down here" ripping it up and down yonge st at high speeds too. They're all pirates dont cha know?

Edit, I'll add, i haven't heard nearly as many sport bikes yet this season in my area as i have super motos. braaap city over here. The misconception that sport bike riders are the only ones missbehaving on two wheels is strong.
Amen, I find sport bike riders are very careful and know the dangers OR they have absolutely no idea what that throttle can do

I like that setup. If I recall @ScorpionT16 had a nice lighting setup on his CB500X he just sold as well. Lights do save lives, and especially when they're spread out like that as it allows all traffic to get a better gauge of your closing speed. A single light is much more difficult to gauge speed and closing distance.
and loud pipes :D some of these cagers got loud music in their car and have no clue that a motorcycles use the same road aswell

Nonsense. I have ridden over 240000KM with driving lights on in the daytime. I have never had a close call with a car pulling a left in front of me. There is no question that driving lights make a bike more conspicuous. Its not rocket science to ensure the lights are aimed correctly so they don't annoy others. Most bike headlights are halogen, dim and almost useless for getting a drivers attention. If anything they give riders a false sense of security.

Back
Top Bottom