Would YOU still eat it?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Would YOU still eat it??

Jenerator

Older than dirt.
Site Supporter
Yesterday I loaded up the crock pot with some veggies (onions, carrots, potatoes) and a rump roast. It simmered away all day while we were out galavanting around on the bikes. We enjoyed our dinner sometime around 7pm-ish.

From that point on, the crock pot was turned off and the lid removed so that the rest could cool down. Later, when it was time to take the rest of the food out of the crock and put it into small containers, I sampled a bit here and there as I was spooning it out, and then I happened to notice a dark iridescent THING on a slab of meat in the container I was filling. My mind asked "WTF IS THAT?!" as I peered closer. It wasn't a clump of spices...no...OMG!! A ****ing fly had committed suicide in our stew!!!!!! And here I was slurping away on the random carrot and potato...holy ****. :mad: Unsure of whether to continue portioning this **** out or not, I take that piece of meat that it's resting on and place it into the organics container on the counter. Now what??! :sad11:

I continue spooning the stew into containers...still wondering if I should throw the whole shebang out. I peer again at the fly carcas sitting on the meat and notice something else.......it only has one wing. Oh sweet jesus, that's IT! I don't think I can eat any more of this delicious stew. **** me.

Would YOU still eat it?? :confused1:

Yes, I would still eat it. All of the food we buy is allowed a certain amount of insect/animal matter/feces in it when they make and package it. For example tomato paste is a allowed like two maggots per litre or something like that. Milk can only have a regulated amount of puss in it from the cows having infections in their utters.
Just heat it back up to boiling point and any germs will be killed.

What a wuss, you'd actually even question eating it. Yes I would without a second thought. The cooking heat would've killed any bacteria the fly was carrying. This isn't the dark ages anymore, there's no black plague running around.

Why is food when you go camping or up at the cottage taste better? That's right ... some added ingredients you might not have noticed slipped in.

Meh. I would've eaten it. I'm not overly squeamish about stuff like that. I'm too cheap to waste food over something minor like that.

I would have pitched it when I noticed the veggies

Yeah, we'll eat it, but I prefer "out of sight, out of mind" for things like this...lol

Just eat it, I worked at a certain cereal company and let's just say in the 2 scoops of raisins in each pack, 1 in 10 raisins had legs. ;).

I take it you've never rode with your visor cracked or an open face helmet??? I easily eat about a half a pound of bugs, dirt, thrown cigarette butts and grass ever riding season.

If you lived in a third world country, you would die of starvation in a week with that attitude.

I take it you've never rode with your visor cracked or an open face helmet??? I easily eat about a half a pound of bugs, dirt, thrown cigarette butts and grass ever riding season.

I usually have my mouth closed when riding. ;)

What a wuss, you'd actually even question eating it. Yes I would without a second thought. The cooking heat would've killed any bacteria the fly was carrying. This isn't the dark ages anymore, there's no black plague running around.

http://www.ktvz.com/news/Confirmed-...ague/-/413192/15290978/-/kxlha6z/-/index.html

but seriously, we eat bug parts in our food all the time. and if you eat at quick service places, you can be guaranteed that you've already ingested far worse in your lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom