Worlds fastest production motorcycle - Electric..... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Worlds fastest production motorcycle - Electric.....

GateKeeper

http://lightningmotorcycle.com/

Lightning Motorcycle has designed and produced a Sportbike sure to change the minds of anyone doubting electric motorcycle performance. The LS-218 is the fastest production motorcycle in the world - gas or electric. Retail price starts at $38,888 USD.

quail-550x400.jpg

[video=youtube;o3DiAecsh_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3DiAecsh_0[/video]

Last edited:
It's been a while since anyone doubted EV performance. Range, recharge time and cost remain the bugbears to slay. Neat for what it is though.

It gets to 350 km/h with that huge rear sprocket? Jeebus, how fast can a chain go before things start going wrong? This one is probably over 300 fps. Most bikes are probably less than half of that.

060815top-i.jpg

378505,xcitefun-lightning-ls-218-bike-6.jpg

Last edited:
I don't wish to rain on your parade but who needs a motorcycle (gas, electric of hydrogen powered) that will go 300 km/h?
The max speed in Ontario is 100 km/h.
And 38 thousand, that's the down payment on a house.

I don't wish to rain on your parade but who needs a motorcycle (gas, electric of hydrogen powered) that will go 300 km/h?
The max speed in Ontario is 100 km/h.
And 38 thousand, that's the down payment on a house.

Very few people. This bike is good for generating buzz. The next model should scale back the motor to 100 hp (~80 lb ft torque), gearing to 180 km/h top speed and leave the rest alone. Range will double and it will still be fast enough to scare the crap out of you.

It's been a while since anyone doubted EV performance. Range, recharge time and cost remain the bugbears to slay. Neat for what it is though.

Theoretical range with one of the available battery options is 65 miles on a track. That seems high to me. Tesla S burns about 1 mile/second at full throttle, I wouldn't be surprised if this was similar, about a minute of full throttle fun followed by a charge/cool down.

It gets to 350 km/h with that huge rear sprocket? Jeebus, how fast can a chain go before things start going wrong? This one is probably over 300 fps. Most bikes are probably less than half of that.

Yeah, and judging by the angle of the chain they've probably already made the front sprocket as small as they comfortably could. I guess putting gear reduction on it is undesirable for some reason

*sits back and waits for the inevitable*
I have my M1, no rider training and want to do wheelies.
Is this a good 1st bike, and how much will my insurance be?
*facepalm*

these things will just keep getting better/faster/ longer range , its the future and its getting really close.

these things will just keep getting better/faster/ longer range , its the future and its getting really close.

I could see a school like Racer 5 loving the grand children of this thing. With swappable batteries, you have eliminated most of your maintenance and have a platform that is ridiculously easy to make more capable as riders improve (eg. easy to add larger batteries and more power and give each rider a bike that is right for them at that time).

For the track guys, with no shifter to operate would you position your left foot any differently?

At 300 kph that thing already rivals the H2R and probably a few supercars. I'd say the future has arrived for the well-heeled. The real question is what that powerful magnetic field will do to your nutsack.

Despite all the performance figures, I just can't get too excited. For all their hype, EVs are just another type of refrigerator. Give me clattering claptraps any day.

Last edited:
At 300 kph that thing already rivals the H2R and probably a few supercars. I'd say the future has arrived for the well-heeled. The real question is what that powerful magnetic field will do to your nutsack.

Despite all the performance figures, I just can't get too excited. For all their hype, EVs are just another type of refrigerator. Give me clattering claptraps any day.

most fun way for a vasectomy ever. Swwwooooopsh zooom will become the new noise, that flapping sound is your eyelids turning inside out.

Will this thing start/go at -10C?

Who cares? Most GTA riders don't ride below 15C anyway...or if it's cloudy...or chance of rain....or past the nearest Tim's...

Plenty of range for GTA!

Back
Top Bottom