Workplace Jerks... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Workplace Jerks...

In my experience, sometimes these workplace snickers can lead to bigger problems... mainly through political channels, especially in toxic work environments (where you have a few backstabbers around). What workplace isn't a little toxic?

I have shown up to work wearing motorcycle gear and it does attract attention, not all of it desirable. It's sort of like showing up to work wearing a tie and plaid sports jacket (when the norm is a t-shirt with jeans). As motorcyclists we have the natural capacity to ignore workplace BS, but if you want to do well at work, the reality is that you have to be somewhat sensitive to how others perceive you.

The way I dealt with it was to wear less conspicuous gear when commuting to work, saving my Power Rangers suit for every other type of riding. For instance, I got conventional-looking pants (like denim or khaki) with Kevlar reinforcement (and Bohn armor protection underneath). Pants cover the boots so nobody notices I'm wearing motorcycle boots. I can walk into work and nobody notices that I'm geared up. Only giveaway that I'm riding is the helmet and gloves that I'm carrying.

I change into regular clothes once in my office.

at the end of the work day, just jump on your Battle Bike and ride away grinning ear-to-ear. You're riding and they aren't! :p

battlebikes-live.jpg
Nice pic! But why are the females in side cart? Grrr

And to op, yea those jerks r just jealous. Ignore them and just enjoy ;)

In my experience, sometimes these workplace snickers can lead to bigger problems... mainly through political channels, especially in toxic work environments (where you have a few backstabbers around). What workplace isn't a little toxic?

Too true but, dare to be different. In toxic environments, it's can also be positive to stand apart from the cliques....

Too true but, dare to be different. In toxic environments, it's can also be positive to stand apart from the cliques....

That's exactly how your bank avoids a financial crisis. You DO want to avoid a financial crisis, don't you?

That's exactly how your bank avoids a financial crisis. You DO want to avoid a financial crisis, don't you?

LOL! I won't risk my job by commenting on my employer, my comments were personal in nature, I just refuse to join with the lemmings, it's been a career maker ... a stressful path but I seem incapable of living any other. ;)

LOL! I won't risk my job by commenting on my employer, my comments were personal in nature, I just refuse to join with the lemmings, it's been a career maker ... a stressful path but I seem incapable of living any other. ;)

I admire your spirit, and I have the same tendencies. I agree that it's best to find a workplace that would be accepting of different sorts of people in the first place, which is something I did not do (being young at the time and unaware of what American Conservatives in the Deep South are really like). Thank goodness I'm moving back to Toronto, and staying as far away from workplace jerks as possible.

but the guy drives off and chick is still with him in the end lol.

Who cares?
You should have your own chick.
The point is, that the snickers are likely generated from some form of jealousy. I believe that inside everyone, there is a small seed of wishing they themselves had the guts to do something daring, dangerous, and exciting. When that car pulls up beside you, for a glimmer, you can see that wish in the guy's eyes. He wishes he was daring enough to ride that bike. The motorcycle is a freedom that most won't ever experience. To us riders, it takes things like skydiving or bungee jumping to up the ante, but to the masses of sheep in cages, we riders are already out there, risking life, limb, and security for that taste of wild freedom. They want some, whether they are willing to conciously say it or not. Those who aren't willing to, may end up snickering or teasing instead.

I love it when people wear track suits...I think they're awesome...

You do get a lot of looks, I don't have leathers but I have the icon jacket with all the armor and "Ti" plates, and its bright red hahaha. I wear my boots to work too and bring shoes. My workplace is pretty darn nice though, even at the client sites I work at. I just head straight for my desk and change right away. I've never really met anyone that felt bikes were uncool or anything. I would definitely also chalk that up to jealousy though, after all, there's nothing sexier than a bike, right??? (c'mon, you have to admit sometimes you look at the bike first in the chicks on bikes thread!)

... I tend to get allot of snickers, for some reason they all think I look like a power ranger or something...

My friend, I wear yellow high-vis gear. If any one gives me problems, I sic the Saber-Toothed Tiger Dinozord on their butts!
Don't sweat it...take it from me, cagers just don't understand. :)

My friend, I wear yellow high-vis gear. If any one gives me problems, I sic the Saber-Toothed Tiger Dinozord on their butts!
Don't sweat it...take it from me, cagers just don't understand. :)

correction, they do understand, they just haven't manage to convince their wife, mom and/or gf to let them get one.
Then you have the bad case of overprotection that thinks everything is dangerous and finds him self not even taking a vacation for fear of something, so all they do is home to work to cottage to home to work. A repetitive and boring cycle.

It does not matter what you do in life, There will always be an element of JERKS that feel the need to mock. This is primarly to bolster their own ego because they usually have no means of taking pride in something of their own, and in most cases lack any self estem of their own. Their way of going through life is simply to put the other guy down, because they are unable to lift themselves up. I have been mocked for riding everything from horses to motorcycles, from farm tractors to big rigs and heavy equipment. The difference is I CAN and THEY CAN'T , so you tell me why would I feel ashamed or even let them into my head. The answer----I DON'T it is my life and I live it on my terms not theirs and so should you.

So Forget about it and go do what you do and love best and enjoy.

Words of Wisdom:
Leaving someone who bothers you stay in your head.
Is like giving free rent to someone you cannot stand

Last edited:
correction, they do understand, they just haven't manage to convince their wife, mom and/or gf to let them get one.
Then you have the bad case of overprotection that thinks everything is dangerous and finds him self not even taking a vacation for fear of something, so all they do is home to work to cottage to home to work. A repetitive and boring cycle.

Some people are just happy being boring and enjoy their life. Whether you enjoy bird watching, riding, boxing, racing, whatever...everyone's entitled to their own thing. I know plenty of people who worry about me riding, but it doesn't pull them in any way shape or form. To each their own I guess.

.....................at least now you know which of your co workers are backstabbing DBags, now you wont have to waste your pee if they catch fire.
hahahahahahaha! ok! that's gonna be my new favourite line! hahahaha!

For the OP:
- Ask those smart a$$e$ at work how many of them have a $1500 outfit for anything that they do?
- Tell them to be thankful that you're not opting to ride in a thong only.
- If you want, a few of my friends and I can show up in some really bright gear and they can poke fun at equipment that is likely worth more than the cars that they drive! that'd be fun!..........and they can also make fun of my friends' roadracing championship trophies too!
Funny how some people's crappy lives make them critical of just about anything......bunch of losers.

Quite the opposite where I work. If and when I take my bike in, all the sudden everyone becomes a bike expert / want's a bike. " Ya know, I've really been thinking of getting bike ! " , " Oh yea I rode a NINJA for a buncha years, ya know the NINJA right ?, fastest bike. " , " Nice Bike, how's insurance, Im looking to get a bike too ". Just gotta shake your head and walk away.

Back
Top Bottom