Working from home and zoom meetings | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Working from home and zoom meetings

This may have been covered already, but are you creating a positive environment for the people around you? I honestly can't imagine anyone in a management position that would be ok with what you are doing.

Doesn't matter how much they like you and your nekkid posters, and how great of an employee you are, you are a massive liability. All it takes is one disgruntled employee to make a complaint to the labour board or file a lawsuit and they are ******. Same thing with a future recommendation, would you recommend an amazing employee to someone that has a very good chance of getting that company sued?

You say that you do not want to put on a fake persona for people, try to imagine it another way. I don't want to wear pants. If I go on a Zoom call in my undies, things will not end well. There are certain societal norms that we all have to abide by in the workplace, such as pants and no sexy time posters. Reminds me of the Chappelle skit, when keeping it real goes wrong

The only one in upper management who knows sent me a related present, then I found out he was a hidden weeb lol

Change happens slowly overtime. Also I know many ppl who don't wear pants on Zoom meetings lol

Client facing meetings are a different story.

Once again, need (or should) consider the environment you're creating around you.

Of course, hence why I'm sitting in a chat work group all day with people throwing really controversial **** that sometimes leads to heated arguments lol. There are women in here too. And I know we're friends because somebody will scream "LETS GAME" at 4:45PM, then get told to shut the **** up because it's not 5PM yet, and there's a full house with fun after.

....except for the one guy who wants to keep playing but has screaming kids in the background lol

I hate how Reddit has something applicable …

View attachment 50633

That's another red flag/difficult topic because some ppl who scream sexual harassment will fully play the act out until it goes wrong, then use virtuous signaling. For every woman that was pressured into having sex for a promotion, how many willingly did it knowing exactly how the game is to be played?

But it's still funny lol

That's another red flag/difficult topic because some ppl who scream sexual harassment will fully play the act out until it goes wrong, then use virtuous signaling. For every woman that was pressured into having sex for a promotion, how many willingly did it knowing exactly how the game is to be played?

But it's still funny lol
While probably true, unwinding how everybody felt after the fact is not easy. Without a hard line that cannot be crossed, the superior sets themselves up for failure.

But it's still funny lol
We had a lady that accused one of the senior managers of inappropriate conduct.

Some senior managers supported him, while others supported her.

She was an underperformed and previously expressed concern that she may get fired.

He was a flirt that was touchy feely with everyone.

Not sure how that went down but she went to a different project, and he’s gotten promoted so who knows what happened in the end.

While probably true, unwinding how everybody felt after the fact is not easy. Without a hard line that cannot be crossed, the superior sets themselves up for failure.
Exactly…3 sides to a story. Mine, yours, and truth somewhere in between.

I have a free gaming chair, that I got when my kid's $100 chair was missing parts.
Instead of shipping the parts, they shipped a complete chair.
It's pretty crappy in that the cushions don't fit longer torsos, and it seems to push you onto the edge of the chair.

I was looking at an Anda chair, but when I put it in the cart and went to checkout the price jumped by $100.
Lucky I noticed right away. Ouch

Anyone have a good link to a good chair?

Edit: I looked at the blue gaming chair link, but it looks too similar to the one my kid bought.
It says 300 lbs, but I'm not so sure.

I have a free gaming chair, that I got when my kid's $100 chair was missing parts.
Instead of shipping the parts, they shipped a complete chair.
It's pretty crappy in that the cushions don't fit longer torsos, and it seems to push you onto the edge of the chair.

I was looking at an Anda chair, but when I put it in the cart and went to checkout the price jumped by $100.
Lucky I noticed right away. Ouch

Anyone have a good link to a good chair?

Edit: I looked at the blue gaming chair link, but it looks too similar to the one my kid bought.
It says 300 lbs, but I'm not so sure.

try again…I have some email from Anda about $250 off. Ends tomorrow maybe? Don’t think there’s a voucher.

Edit: it’s still $500. Pretty sure there’s usually vouchers. I paid a lot less for mine.

try again…I have some email from Anda about $250 off. Ends tomorrow maybe? Don’t think there’s a voucher.

Edit: it’s still $500. Pretty sure there’s usually vouchers. I paid a lot less for mine.
This is the one here: Anda Dark Knight
Says $150 off now.
I tried sending a message to their contact. Will see what happens.
I wanted to sit in the thing before buying. Staples has some, but they aren't on display where I went.

This is the one here: Anda Dark Knight
Says $150 off now.
I tried sending a message to their contact. Will see what happens.
I wanted to sit in the thing before buying. Staples has some, but they aren't on display where I went.

That’s the one I have. No complaints at all, very comfy but I think I paid around $400 or less for it. I’ll try to find my invoice.

Edit: I paid $436 after code ADASK100

Try that code on top of the offer and see what happens? It may have expired.

Two more, first one is 15%, second 10%. Both are a few months old but try them and see.

ADRCOFF

ROYALAD

Two more, first one is 15%, second 10%. Both are a few months old but try them and see.

ADRCOFF

ROYALAD
Second one puts it down to $540 or 610.20 all in.

Doesn't seem to allow you to stack them anymore.
I went ahead with the purchase.
Not sure how long it will take to get here.
Purolator still doesn't seem to have it in their system three days after I got the tracking link.

Got the chair. Frick is it heavy. Seems comfy so far. I thought Anda was a Canadian company. Like all past chairs, armrests are too low. I'll have to tape or zip some cushioning on top of them. I don't understand how someone at the max height or weight that they rate would fit in it. Family is well known for destroying things quickly. We'll see how long it lasts.

Back
Top Bottom