Woman gives birth on Air Canada flight | GTAMotorcycle.com

Woman gives birth on Air Canada flight

Seen this on the chat, Couldn't post for obvious reasons

We had friends over last night and we were talking about this. Not this exact incident but people we know who were also born on an airline. And than I see this on the news today. Lol

My buddy was saying that you don't technically have a registered place of birth in this case.

We had friends over last night and we were talking about this. Not this exact incident but people we know who were also born on an airline. And than I see this on the news today. Lol

My buddy was saying that you don't technically have a registered place of birth in this case.
You do, but each country is different so it’s not very clear cut.

Imagine if you were named after where you were conceived. We could have a premier named Ford.

On the opposite end I watch a retired guy's youtube channel where he tells stories of his old life - 30 years working on cruise ships. He talked of one murder that happened in the middle of the ocean. When they got to port the receiving country didn't want anything to do with it, nor would the next stop, or the next stop (didn't help the crew cleaned the room and threw out the alleged murder weapon (wine bottle) ) Got away with murder. This was back in the 80's or early 90's. Also talked about all the old stuff and garbage they'd just throw overboard.

I listened to a radio broadcast and international law goes like this:

Most countries allow children to inherit parents citizenship regardless of where they are born.

Born over a country or its territorial waters that has foreign birthright citizenship you can claim citizenship of that country.

Born over international waters, you take your parents country citizenship.

If born to stateless parents over international waters or countries without foreign birthright citizenship, you become a citizen of the country where the plane is registered.

I listened to a radio broadcast and international law goes like this:

Most countries allow children to inherit parents citizenship regardless of where they are born.

Born over a country or its territorial waters that has foreign birthright citizenship you can claim citizenship of that country.

Born over international waters, you take your parents country citizenship.

If born to stateless parents over international waters or countries without foreign birthright citizenship, you become a citizen of the country where the plane is registered.

Is that the same with boats? Panama must have an inflated population from this.

Is that the same with boats? Panama must have an inflated population from this.
How many births happen to stateless parents in international waters? I guess it depends on the definition of stateless. If I was born in poverty, my parents never registered me, i never applied for a license/passport etc, am I stateless or am I technically still a citizen even though I have no paperwork to prove it?

How many births happen to stateless parents in international waters? I guess it depends on the definition of stateless. If I was born in poverty, my parents never registered me, i never applied for a license/passport etc, am I stateless or am I technically still a citizen even though I have no paperwork to prove it?

People smugglers I would think.

People smugglers I would think.
I know what you are talking about but presumably the people being smuggled were born somewhere and therefore should have a state (although potentially no proof so that may be considered stateless).

I was deeply concerned about this because after my parents split up my dad moved to another country.

Back
Top Bottom