Will the Great Lakes freeze over? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Will the Great Lakes freeze over?

Brian P

Site Supporter
That would actually be kinda cool(no pun intended) as to remember this winter by. But I don't think it will happen due to the fact L. Ontario has so many currents because of Niagara Falls.

Apparently the falls froze over in the past week. That dosen't happen often thats for sure.

On another ice related note, my fishing buddies on Pigeon Lake are reporting a solid 36" of ice. That's wild considering most of the south end is 6-8' deep

That would actually be kinda cool(no pun intended) as to remember this winter by. But I don't think it will happen due to the fact L. Ontario has so many currents because of Niagara Falls.

The depth of Ontario lake is a big reason it will not freeze over completely.

I doubt it,lake simcoe was atleast 30 inches+,when i fished there saturday,thickest I have seen it in 8-10 years.

90.5% as of yesterday - roughly matching 1994. Will it reach 94% (last seen in 1979)?

I had a road trip to St Catharines today, and there was a fair bit of ice coverage in the morning visible from the Burlington Skyway, but a lot of that had melted by the afternoon. Battle between the lengthening sunlight and the still-cold air.

94%? this is starting to get exciting. Watching ice freeze is waayyyy better than watching paint dry. I wonder if there's any action on this in Vegas.

Ice racing is happening on Rice Lake now. Has been for a few weeks. Last race is coming up soon I think. Man those guys fly! WAAAYYYY more grip than any streetbike.

Back
Top Bottom