Will it ever stop snowing?! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Will it ever stop snowing?!

HarleyHare

I'm sitting in my living room right now watching huge nice fluffy white flakes falling on Richmond Hill, almost wishing it were nuclear fallout. This winter it started snowing November 1, 2019 and now we are passed Easter and it's still snowing. This has been the longest drawn-out winter on record at 5 1/2 months. It almost makes you want to trade in your bike for a snowmobile. Maybe we are not actually having global warming but heading into an ice-age?!

plows was on the road last nite in mount forest area

From what I remember. It has snowed to some degree in April in each of the last last 7-10 years.

I know this winter keeps dragging it's feet outta here. Stupid groundhog! This week turned to $shite had to bump up the furnace temp
Last year and the year before were like this though. 2 years ago was that freezing rain nonsense.

This has actually been a pretty damned good April IMHO.

Last year was about the same.

And apparently everyones forgot the April from hell 2 years ago where it seemed like winter was never going to die, as well as this tiny little weather event that hit two years ago tomorrow: Thousands in the dark across GTA, southern Ontario as April ice storm slams the region

Even after that it was still another 2-3 solid weeks before the weather started to turn.

NO complaints about this April here.

I personally think we were actually pretty lucky with the winter this year. For me at least, it has been a fairly mild one.
A few not so bad snow falls and 1-2 "storms". Other than that it wasn't too cold (-30) and fairly dry.

I only had the snow blower out 1-3 times this year.
Last year was much worse. I know the snow blower was used at least a dozen times.

By next week you'll all be riding. The weather temps will soar into the double digits. Riding season will be wide open. Just get the bike ready.

Agree it was a relatively moderate winter, not too much shovelling, but it was way too long. I go for the winter of my youth, it was shorter and much colder, it snowed tonnes around Christmas time, and temperatures were lower on average (Toronto parks used to set up hockey boards and flood it for ice hockey rinks), and there might have been one minor thaw in the winter. You can't flood an outdoor rink now because it would be slush for half the winter. So global warming is here, but what it's done is extend winter, or colder temperatures, out at both the beginning and the end. I'd go for what used to be 3 months of really cold and then a quick Spring in April. Anyone have a direct line to Mother Nature/God?

I grilled last night in the flurries. Its flurries predicted today. Helps me 'just stay home' .

It could be worse. This photo is from April 24, 2012. Orangeville.
SANY0385.jpg

I personally think we were actually pretty lucky with the winter this year. For me at least, it has been a fairly mild one.
A few not so bad snow falls and 1-2 "storms". Other than that it wasn't too cold (-30) and fairly dry.

I only had the snow blower out 1-3 times this year.
Last year was much worse. I know the snow blower was used at least a dozen times.

Yup completely agree, I have a giant double entrance driveway, and I really notice when I have to shovel or not shovel. This year we didn't get much snow, and lot's of times when it did snow, it was mild enough to melt it a few days later.

I might be alone in this, but I feel like winters been delayed the past few years, gets colder and snows late into November or December vs when I was younger, October would already be seeing some snow and cold.
I know there was few years ago I rode into the cottage on christmas eve.

Ya it was flurring this morning on a return from a essential run.. JFC.... c'mon! I guess more hibernating.
Saturday is looking kinda hopeful.

I'm sitting in my living room right now watching huge nice fluffy white flakes falling on Richmond Hill, almost wishing it were nuclear fallout. This winter it started snowing November 1, 2019 and now we are passed Easter and it's still snowing. This has been the longest drawn-out winter on record at 5 1/2 months. It almost makes you want to trade in your bike for a snowmobile. Maybe we are not actually having global warming but heading into an ice-age?!
Seriously? A 1/4 " of snow that melts a week before the next 1/4" doesn't make for good sledding . Havn't had trails open near us for the last 2 winters and three years ago it was maybe a week or two.

Awful funny looking double digits you are "soaring into"

View attachment 42668

Now then we'll have none of that doer "this is what happened 10 years ago" whinnying. After this weekend the trend will be warmer for you fair weather faeries. My bikes go on the road next week, come hell or high water.

1350km and counting on the new bike since I picked it up 6 weeks ago.

I've no complaints about this spring whatsoever.

1350km and counting on the new bike since I picked it up 6 weeks ago.

I've no complaints about this spring whatsoever.

Will you say that 10 years from now? You are in what I call the "honeymoon" phase. We all know what that's like, we want to ride no matter what. Once she's broke in, it will be like...."aw...it's friken cold out, I think I'll wait for it to warm up next week."

Back
Top Bottom