Why you should always wear gear... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why you should always wear gear...

I've seen that video before, there's a slightly longer version. Poor kid just did something stupid, we all do as kids.
He's hurt, he's looking around for someone (adult) to help, but nobody is there. Eventually he picks up his bike and moves on, whimpering, knowing that nobody is coming and he has to help himself.
It's pretty heartbreaking.

I don’t think gear would help in this case. Hard impact to the chest, and unless you’re wearing off road gear…the chest wouldn’t be protected well in this case.

It looks like some sort of gate for the driveway????, WTF is it doing sticking out into what looks likes a live roadway? If that is the case the kid should have won the lawsuit lottery... could have been someone on a motorcycle, a car or any cyclist.

He was lucky it was not a little lower otherwise a likely head injury as he supermanned over it.

It looks like some sort of gate for the driveway????, WTF is it doing sticking out into what looks likes a live roadway? If that is the case the kid should have won the lawsuit lottery... could have been someone on a motorcycle, a car or any cyclist.

He was lucky it was not a little lower otherwise a likely head injury as he supermanned over it.
Yes it looks like a driveway gate left open. Painted light gray, against a dark gray roadway with light gray painted lines - likely invisible.
I have kids that age'ish who ride their pedal bikes like demons and have crashed themselves. As I said above, watching this just makes me sad :(

Did he luck out?

I doubt he was making that turn, at least the gate gave a little, the block wall might have produced a worse outcome.

Poor kid, that had to hurt.

Now that I've seen the uncropped version, I stand by my initial assessment. Gate or not that kid was pronging himself. Car, fence, wall, gate, it didn't matter. He was eating sh1t, and it was just a matter of how much. Actually, the gate was probably his best scenario.

I also think that based on his angle of approach, he wasn't making the corner and he would have smacked into something regardless of the gate being there or not.

Thankfully for the car owners sake, it wasn't the car that he smashed into.

Feel bad for the kid, chances are he will remember that for a very long time, possibly the rest of his life.
The walk of shame back to the house is not great either.

Been there done that.

That gate was the kids best case scenario. The kid is lucky there wasn't a car driving on that road.

I also think that based on his angle of approach, he wasn't making the corner and he would have smacked into something regardless of the gate being there or not.

Thankfully for the car owners sake, it wasn't the car that he smashed into.

Feel bad for the kid, chances are he will remember that for a very long time, possibly the rest of his life.
The walk of shame back to the house is not great either.

Been there done that.
It looks like UK and I'm wondering if they use stop signs

My similar event was on a three speed push bike going down a steep hill and underestimating the curve at the bottom. Armadale Ave near Bloor Jane.

I lowed out and wasn't hurt but my jeans got the rear end taken out. I had to pull together what was left of them, tuck the shreds between my butt cheeks and awkwardly ride home.

Back
Top Bottom