Why Lane Splitting / Filtering is GOOD for traffic | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Lane Splitting / Filtering is GOOD for traffic

But it's unfair that they get home in 10 minutes while I sit in my cage for over 60 minutes. I must move over and impede the motorcycle while I sit in traffic with a cellphone glued to my head.

Why not post this in one of the other 2 threads about the same subject???

No matter how good for traffic it is... once u get cut off by some idiot in a cage you will get hurt. Avoid from getting hurt is one of the most important reasons why it is illegal to my understanding.

It wouldn't be so unsafe if it wasn't for the cagers having the "me first" mentality... We can hardly ride in our OWN lane without them coming in to it.

No matter how good for traffic it is... once u get cut off by some idiot in a cage you will get hurt. Avoid from getting hurt is one of the most important reasons why it is illegal to my understanding.

Where it is done it is not more dangerous than riding in general. Riding is dangerous yet you do it. If it is legal and you do not feel it is safe it is not manditory, you do not have to do it. This article talks about why it is good for traffic and people in general.

The Me first attitude is not exclusive to cage drivers. Look around our own community.

It wouldn't be so unsafe if it wasn't for the cagers having the "me first" mentality... We can hardly ride in our OWN lane without them coming in to it.

Excactly. Although I love to split that **** just to piss off the cagers occationally under safe circumstances

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ride how ever u want, geez

I think we all should print out as many copies as we can and hand out to drivers. Stopped on the traffic light - roll over and give em a copy!
I will start doing it in Aug

People here aren't really comfortable enough with their cars in this country.

I have driven many places. I am used to being so close to the car next to me that I can touch it. If you were that close to another car in Canada, the other driver just freaks out.

Why not post this in one of the other 2 threads about the same subject???

Just because someone else jacked someone elses thread does not mean I am going to help with a thread jack!

People here aren't really comfortable enough with their cars in this country.

I have driven many places. I am used to being so close to the car next to me that I can touch it. If you were that close to another car in Canada, the other driver just freaks out.
I freak out at drivers in front of me when you have a 4-car-wide street, cars are parked on either sides of the street. The car in front of you comes to a DEAD STOP because "they think they cant make it" And then you seem them take a WHOLE CAR'S distance when there a car parked on the side of the road.

Ive been to countries where a huge truck drives opposite direction to another car in a space thats 1.5 lane and on one side of the road is a ditch, the other one is the mountain that just drops and theyre driving comfortably while my heart stops.

LEARN YOUR DISTANCES

The lawmakers need to be educated, and then drivers. Have hwy billboards posted up with big fat ******* letters. "Please be considerate to filtering Motorcyclists"

That being said, in more recent years driving schools have been teaching new drivers to stay in the passing lane. Apparently that's the safest lane to be in. Not sure if it's all schools or just a few.

The lawmakers need to be educated, and then drivers. Have hwy billboards posted up with big fat ******* letters. "Please be considerate to filtering Motorcyclists"

That being said, in more recent years driving schools have been teaching new drivers to stay in the passing lane. Apparently that's the safest lane to be in. Not sure if it's all schools or just a few.
Theres what you learn in school and what you learn on the road.

They'll eventually learn that its not safe to be tailgated and cut off and flashed by angry drivers when youre at 103 kph in the passing lane :D

Id say filtering yes
Splitting no as too dangerous

No more filtering threads.

I propose to make one giant filtering sticky where the debate could take place without a bunch of other threads to track.

And that billboard idea actually sounds like a great idea!

Theres what you learn in school and what you learn on the road.

They'll eventually learn that its not safe to be tailgated and cut off and flashed by angry drivers when youre at 103 kph in the passing lane :D

Id say filtering yes
Splitting no as too dangerous

At what point does filtering become lane splitting?

Just because someone else jacked someone elses thread does not mean I am going to help with a thread jack!

I hope you're not referring to me??

If so, I didn't highjack anyone's thread. My thread was and always has been about helping ourselves if we are to ever hope to get it allowed. That, AND!! the speed with which it is done is so totally KEY to its ultimate success. It's got to be SLOW.
SLOW works..
SLOW creates less propensity for other motorists to be ****** off..
SLOW gives people time to realize/react..
SLOW creates less damage if things do go wrong..
SLOW allows more time for everyone to see each others signals and intentions..

Etc.

Back
Top Bottom