Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

Was very tempted to blow off errands and some work and go for a run when I saw that sun come out at temps above 5....
couldn't too much $hit going on ... blah! 😞

Wait for Sat ... 8 and sunny assuming the rain holds off until Sat overnight as presently forecasted.

Wait for Sat ... 8 and sunny assuming the rain holds off until Sat overnight as presently forecasted.
Why wait? Did another 30+ km around town today. It was 10 degrees and beautiful.

I took the lady friend to the subway station on the bike to cut down her commute than I rode over to Rosey Toes. Tomorrow I'm planning to ride over to Moto Motori for a tire change tomorrow.

Did not see any other riders out there myself today but I think Glenda was out on her V7. Guess everybody else was in the nail salon getting their manicures done and bitching about reasons not to ride. Weird.

Why wait? Did another 30+ km around town today. It was 10 degrees and beautiful.

I took the lady friend to the subway station on the bike to cut down her commute than I rode over to Rosey Toes. Tomorrow I'm planning to ride over to Moto Motori for a tire change tomorrow.

Did not see any other riders out there myself today but I think Glenda was out on her V7. Guess everybody else was in the nail salon getting their manicures done and bitching about reasons not to ride. Weird.
In fairness.. You should have seen the state of my toenails before I had them done.

Some of us have jobs ya know.

Did a little run to Musslebums lake after work.10c when I left at 4:30, 4c at 5:30.

Last edited:
In fairness.. You should have seen the state of my toenails before I had them done.
I heard about you, you were the one with the talons! lol

Some of us have jobs ya know.
...As in you worked from home and never left the house all day long, or as in you walked to work? Not sure I understand what you're getting at.

~~

Anyway did another 40ish km today. 400 North to Steeles exit on my way to Moto Motori was a little less than ideal in this morning's fog, cold wet roads, and a 14 year old rear tire. No sketchy moments, but just knowing the age and condition of the tire was keeping me humble. Chilled in the right lane at a steady 110 minding my own business.

Get to Moto Motori with my new rear tire strapped to my back seat and rack and watched some of the Portugal-Ghana game while Carlo replaced the rear tire for me.

I was planning on taking Weston Rd back south into the city but when the tire change was done the sun was out, the fog cleared, and my bike's thermometer said it was 12 degrees. ******* scorcher! Jumped back on the 400. Unfortunately I missed out on 4 goals in the half hour it took me to ride home. Lame. But I didn't know that at the time so it was a beautiful ride.

This is my 15th or 16th season riding year round, but the first time riding with a windshield, meaning I've officially gone from teenage dirtbag, to geriatric dirtbag, but what a difference maker the windshield makes. Wild.

3 piece chicken deal is $5.99 at Popeyes on Thursdays, so while the girl makes some rice and veggies I'm going to go for one more ride to get some fried chicken for us. Get out and ride. It keeps your tummy full and your dick hard.

Does practicing wheelies on the kids CRF50 count? Still 10cm of snow and messy roads at my house. Great conditions to flog the kids bike.

I was very tempted when Mimico offered to bring over the CB500x I sold him for one last ride to The Forks given how nice it is.
Duty prevails tho (n) and while I am stopping in for a coffee on my way up to Owen Sound it will be in the van 🏍️

Only did 4 km today, a quick errand to run on St. Clair. Riding let me avoid the garbage day traffic backlog and get a parking spot right in front of the building for a fast in and out. Tomorrow's looking like another scorcher so I'll give her a nice rinse in the sun.

I was very tempted when Mimico offered to bring over the CB500x I sold him for one last ride to The Forks given how nice it is.
Duty prevails tho (n) and while I am stopping in for a coffee on my way up to Owen Sound it will be in the van 🏍️
Youre welcome to it anytime you’re around @MacDoc

Such a nice day, had to get out. Saw a number of other bikes out.
I've never kept count but it would be interesting see, thru the years, how many days between the last ride of the kawi "summer" toy and the first ride of the kawi winter toy.

Shockingly few bikes out in the Durham region today. Too much work to disconnect the battery tender and add some stabilizer at the end of the day?

The local gravel was a bit slick, but still a great ride!

Shockingly few bikes out in the Durham region today. Too much work to disconnect the battery tender and add some stabilizer at the end of the day?

I dunno I saw a few bikes out. I went around north Pickering and Uxbridge myself. Nice either way. Maybe there will be 1 more ride!

I literally did that…in my driveway. Stabilizer. Topped up the fuel. And let it run for a good 10-15min while I did yard work :(

Think I missed out on the last nice day of the year.

Back
Top Bottom