Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last ride up until now was Sunday Nov 14th. There was scattered snow showers around so nothing epic, jus ta little loop from Port Perry, Cobourg, Grafton, Campbelford, Hastings, Keene, etc A bit short of 300 km so not far. It was 0c to +4c with the odd light snow showers.

I'm at 59,000 km for the year so far so hoping to get it over 60,000 km of riding in 2022.

..Tom

You do it only once a year? I sweat so much that I have to wash the liners out at least twice a season, otherwise they get so funky I gag trying to put on my helmet!
Sure, I ought to do it more frequently, but the only time I give it any consideration is when I'm about to go for a ride.

My last ride up until now was Sunday Nov 14th. There was scattered snow showers around so nothing epic, jus ta little loop from Port Perry, Cobourg, Grafton, Campbelford, Hastings, Keene, etc A bit short of 300 km so not far. It was 0c to +4c with the odd light snow showers.

I'm at 59,000 km for the year so far so hoping to get it over 60,000 km of riding in 2022.

..Tom
Wow that’s some big numbers! I stopped tracking as it was so low nowadays.

Maybe 5k…maybe.

Wow that’s some big numbers! I stopped tracking as it was so low nowadays.

Maybe 5k…maybe.
Yeah, but look at the difference between you and Tom.

You have what? Three young kids now? Early 40's.

Tom has no young kids. In his 60's, still commuting for work? And pleasure.

I'm in your boat. 2 young kids. Only did 3800k on the gsxr, and 1000km of that was in Tennessee. My dual sport got more use, but less km... mostly offroad.
Quality, not quantity.

Family commitments come first

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Yeah, but look at the difference between you and Tom.

You have what? Three young kids now? Early 40's.

Tom has no young kids. In his 60's, still commuting for work? And pleasure.

I'm in your boat. 2 young kids. Only did 3800k on the gsxr, and 1000km of that was in Tennessee. My dual sport got more use, but less km... mostly offroad.
Quality, not quantity.

Family commitments come first

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
True. My riding was about 10-15k/year before the first kid lol.

Maybe I’ll start hitting big numbers once I win 649 tonight.

After getting back from a good long ride on that super warm Saturday a few weeks back, I parked the bike with a nearly empty tank, thinking I'd just go back out in a day or so, fill it up again, add stabilizer, run it through, and then park the bike again.
Then the weather flipped, and that hasn't happened yet.

So, yeah, looks like I'm taking a nice cold ride to the gas station and back in a few days lol.

As for my mileage this year, meh...somewhere between 15 and 20,000 I think. Not terrible, far from my best.

60,000km,yikes! Even with my 2 month trip in the summer, i only did about 28,000km this year.

Last edited:
Crossed paths with another rider at Dufferin near Rogers today. I went down to Queen and Spadina, got some flurries on the way back. No heated grips just a $48 heated vest from Amazon. Riding season is alive and well.

20221119_184454.jpg

..Tom
Awesome Tom as always. Did you get out of Province this year, I recall you had some plans.

My riding this year was sidetracked by bike (HD issues) and basically playing catchup on work.

Wednesday is looking like a good prospect for at least getting out to get the tank filled up and stabilizer back in the tank again.

But who knows...I picked up some cheap Amazon rechargeable heated socks today that...actually kinda work pretty decent for the $20 I paid for them. One of the limiting factors for me with really cold weather riding has been cold feet. I tried these socks out today while over at the camper working on it for an hour or so and my feet were actually kinda nice feeling in my otherwise usually ice-brick work boots.

So maybe I'll throw on my heated vest, these new socks, crank the grip heaters to 11, and go for a longer scoot somewhere after work lol.

Awesome Tom as always. Did you get out of Province this year, I recall you had some plans.

My riding this year was sidetracked by bike (HD issues) and basically playing catchup on work.

I sure did! Left the province thee times.

In May to Tail of the dragon for an annual meet up, then down to Key West and New Orleans. (That completed riding my bikes to all the lower 48 states.)

In July to Alaska, (Anchorage and Seward).

In September a short day trip as far as a bit west of Erie Pennsylvania to take picture's of old steam engines.

2023 should have a meetup in West Virginia in May then up the eastern side of the US Possibly James Bay in the summer. Calgary for Labour Day to my Daughter's wedding.

..Tom

Got out for a little ride today. I didn't go far as there was snow drifts covering the roads in some places. Not fun on the bike but crossing them was uneventful.

..Tom

Did 28 km yesterday all over town running errands. Did not see any other riders this time. Weird because it was 9 degrees out.
"Motorcycle riding season is short" - sure is if you don't ride em lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom