Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition) | Page 21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition)

Yeah it's been pretty mild for sure, but that will start to change by next weekend.

Definitely nothing compared to the 1m of snow we got when the bad boy called in the army.
Easy there.. his son tips very well

Easy peasy so far, that's for sure.

This is the time of year where I really start to feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel, January is half over...we've got February to deal with, but March, unpredictable but sometimes we start to get an early taste of spring if nothing else.

I'll look on the bright side and say...7-8 weeks before things start to look up.

Guess I'd better order that new rear tire I need.
Again?

Tomorrow is 3degrees. If there is no rain, I’m doing a little essential ride to get groceries.

I rarely go to stores, when I have to I wear my full face Shoei PPE.

Gotta a tell you a ton of riders with loud pipes were out in droves last night here in Surfers Paradise.
I suspect some were cars tho. WIll see if it's a one off thing.

Snow :(

but it's wet snow :unsure: maybe it's rideable, going to have to test that theory today.

Picked up a nail in the fall in the rear tire. Plugged it (it was square in the tread area) but it's never held air quite right since - it's OK for day trips but goes flat in about 48 hours after sitting. Crappy since the tire still has probably 40% tread left, but not the end of the world either....not like it's 90% tread or something at least.

I'm temped to put some green goo in it which would surely seal things up, but I know the tire guys hate that ****.....and hey, 40% tread left - I'll be changing it at some point this season anyways, might as well just do it out of the gate.

Picked up a nail in the fall in the rear tire. Plugged it (it was square in the tread area) but it's never held air quite right since - it's OK for day trips but goes flat in about 48 hours after sitting. Crappy since the tire still has probably 40% tread left, but not the end of the world either....not like it's 90% tread or something at least.

I'm temped to put some green goo in it which would surely seal things up, but I know the tire guys hate that ****.....and hey, 40% tread left - I'll be changing it at some point this season anyways, might as well just do it out of the gate.
Use the old tire to practise burnouts and gain followers on social media :)

Use the old tire to practise burnouts and gain followers on social media :)

Haha.. Not a half bad idea (although I don't do the social media thing, I'm sure a few riding buddies would come watch) but with my luck the tire would explode and destroy brake lines, ABS wiring, the belt, etc. ;)

Snow :(

but it's wet snow :unsure: maybe it's rideable, going to have to test that theory today.

I thought about riding today since the overall forecast looked good. There was some snow or rain overnight and about -2 when I left Port Perry. I drove which is good as there was some ice around Port Perry. When I got near work i normally cut through the road the goes around Vaughn Mills Mall and it was all ice as was Bass Pro Mills and the roads from there into my work. At 1,500 rpm my little Golf could spin tires in1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

I'm sure it is going to be a great riding day after the sun stays out for a while but if you are heading out early watch out for ice.

..Tom

Sure thought about it yesterday, no question....but had too much other stuff on my to-do list.

I need another 3 month lockdown layoff, I could probably get ;) half way through my honey-do list.

There are a couple of KTM snow machines around here now,
here comes one doing a wheelie out of the woods now

ktmsnowmobile.jpg

and her is another one right after a crash, KTM's seem to high side a lot :LOL:

ktmsnowfall.jpg

is highsiding even possible on a dirt bike? You're constantly sliding around

is highsiding even possible on a dirt bike? You're constantly sliding around
It's just falling off, instead of falling down.
A highside is when the tires slide... Then regain traction and tell the extra weight...toddle f'n loo.

Back
Top Bottom