Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition) | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition)

is highsiding even possible on a dirt bike? You're constantly sliding around
on rock outcrops and over logs through mud and ice on crazy steep slopes that are very difficult to climb on foot, covered in 4 to 8 inches of snow and ice (y) it's awesome. Early morning rides are best before the snow gets soft. On soft snow the front end steers vague, like riding in mud, you have to ride the rear wheel and make it chew down into something hard, which could be anything. :) josh josh left his KTM here for me to ride:LOL: olly **** that thing is scary fast in the woods, but at least now it has a soft enough rear spring on it for me to ride. Tomorrow for sure.

Krazy-To-Max
Brutal power, but way too much subframe and saddle, the ram air rads suck, they should have one rad like a trials bike and add a fan, it would boil over less and protect the rads from crash damage better.

Yesterday was good, I think today is too cold to even attempt riding, my knobs would freeze off.
brief pause in riding for a while, time to service the motorcycles (y)

I checked all the weather last night and this morning. No snow or snow flurries happend overnight, sunny today and temeperatrue in Port Perry around-10°c in the AM but warming closer to freezing later in the day.

So I figured I would ride in to work since I was suffering from PMS. (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.)

The only thing I hadn't taken into account is the wind up around 50 kph. That normally isn't a big deal but with the cold and dry conditions blowing snow would be a factor. So I didn't hit any actual snow drifts (well one little one) but there was enough snow blowing onto the roads to make riding sketchy on 7A, Goodwood and Bloomington and iirc a bit on King Rd.

Anyway rode carefully and got to work in Vaughn okay.

No Bugs!

..Tom

I'm guesstimating ~ 60 days to go before I start riding again.

Can't wait!!
Im guessing 40, by mid march you start seeing some decent days, april is full on riding season

april is full on riding season

Ha. For the hard (and hard-ish) core riders, yeah.

For the "OMG road salt rust leafs grass clippings tar snakes ZOMG it's too cold my chrome will rust I don't get my bike out until after the May long weekend and don't ride unless it's a cloudless blue sky and above 20 degrees with no rain in the forecast for 72 hours either side of my planned ride" people, not so much.

I get a good laugh when I see people post a photo of someone out riding on a nice winter day on a FB group somewhere and people freak the **** out in the comments. Funny how many of those people you look at their profile and a lot are all up in the "Live to Ride, Ride to Live" song and dance, but they don't get their precious motorcycle out until June and put it away the first time the temps fall below 15 in September and think it's insane to EVER ride a motorcycle when it's less than 10 degrees out because of course the tires turn to frozen hockey pucks with apparently negative traction which will cause you to crash instantly the moment your bike starts up, and then repeatedly, every 30 feet.

Im guessing 40, by mid march you start seeing some decent days, april is full on riding season
when we hit +5 the ride is getting full ceramic coating, also considering Xpel. then I'll be commuting again.

Ha. For the hard (and hard-ish) core riders, yeah.

For the "OMG road salt rust leafs grass clippings tar snakes ZOMG it's too cold my chrome will rust I don't get my bike out until after the May long weekend and don't ride unless it's a cloudless blue sky and above 20 degrees with no rain in the forecast for 72 hours either side of my planned ride" people, not so much.

I get a good laugh when I see people post a photo of someone out riding on a nice winter day on a FB group somewhere and people freak the **** out in the comments. Funny how many of those people you look at their profile and a lot are all up in the "Live to Ride, Ride to Live" song and dance, but they don't get their precious motorcycle out until June and put it away the first time the temps fall below 15 in September and think it's insane to EVER ride a motorcycle when it's less than 10 degrees out because of course the tires turn to frozen hockey pucks with apparently negative traction which will cause you to crash instantly the moment your bike starts up, and then repeatedly, every 30 feet.
For me, it depends on the bike. The whole purpose of having a supersport is hitting corners at a decent lean. Not going to do that in March or most of April. Dirty cold roads. Low grip. No thanks.

That said, my dual sport will be out as soon as temperatures allow it.

On a cruiser, I'd bet you want to take in the scenery and feel the wind in your hair. That can be done whenever your cold tolerance allows.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

For me, it depends on the bike. The whole purpose of having a supersport is hitting corners at a decent lean. Not going to do that in March or most of April. Dirty cold roads. Low grip. No thanks.

That said, my dual sport will be out as soon as temperatures allow it.

On a cruiser, I'd bet you want to take in the scenery and feel the wind in your hair. That can be done whenever your cold tolerance allows.

This is the guy that is going to get "stuffed" by a dual sport while on his ss this year.

Just a little trash talk. When you think your ss skills are hot, is when you get schooled by a really talented rider on a lesser bike.

Just a little trash talk. When you think your ss skills are hot, is when you get schooled by a really talented rider on a lesser bike.
Agreed wholeheartedly. I'm usually the one on the lesser bike. My post above: it's my 25hp dual sport I'm wanting to hit trails and dirty winter roads on.

All good.

I'm itching to get out. Cabin fever...

Tell ya what, I'll head to the KW; Want to let me get some hours on your trials bike? I'll make it not so new! Covid free, no contact!

I'm not typically a "there's too much salt on the roads" type person, but yeah, there's too much salt on the roads right now. Not sure what the hell got into Durham Region but it seems like it's an inch thick everywhere....

Back
Top Bottom