Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Hmm seems like th Gov is getting serious about essential outings, and congregating at parks etc.
I usually make a pitstop at a park to stretch have water, but not if they are handing out fines.
Anyone having second thoughts about going out for a ride?

Hmm seems like th Gov is getting serious about essential outings, and congregating at parks etc.
I usually make a pitstop at a park to stretch have water, but not if they are handing out fines.
Muncipal parks (the grassy area that isn't a sports field) are still open (for now). Parking lots at parks may be closed.

All boat launches are now closed and blocked (at least public, not sure about private but condo amenity areas were part of the order so I wouldn't be surprised if private boat launches also got collected).

They haven't forced people to stay home yet, but they are chipping away at recreational activities outside your home.

@sburns if you're by yourself, why would they bother you? i've been watching CBC news live for the last hour or so and nothing's been said about handing out fines...

Theres nothing in the current restrictions that would prevent riding. In groups of more than 5 however it could be an issue when you stop together.

just received this in an email...what exactly does this mean...

It just means you’re compelled by law now to identify yourself to enforcement officers who wouldn’t normally have the power to do so. I’m guessing a few smart ***** pulled the “I don’t have to identify myself to you, you’re not a cop!” song and dance. Problem solved.

just received this in an email...what exactly does this mean...

It sounds like they are backstopping charges to make enforcement easier. IIRC, you can avoid identifying yourself normally but risk getting locked up until they figure out who you are. Now they have just added the charge like failure to blow on DUI, so the smartasses that think they can beat it by playing silly bugger end up with a charge even harder to beat in court.

oh ok...i didn't know you didn't have to identify yourself, but that makes sense now...i was reading more into it...thanks for the clarification guys...i guess i don't get pulled over enough LMAO :D

Has to be difficult for cops and other enforcement officers.
It sounds like they are backstopping charges to make enforcement easier. IIRC, you can avoid identifying yourself normally but risk getting locked up until they figure out who you are. Now they have just added the charge like failure to blow on DUI, so the smartasses that think they can beat it by playing silly bugger end up with a charge even harder to beat in court.
If a smartasses happened to cough while being difficult would be that be considered life threatening act to an officer? If so, would a tazering be in order to subdue the perp?

Has to be difficult for cops and other enforcement officers.

If a smartasses happened to cough while being difficult would be that be considered life threatening act to an officer? If so, would a tazering be in order to subdue the perp?
I have no problem with a few bodycam beatings of smart ***** right now.

Went to start the bike for the first time after winter today, and no go. Hmmmmm... New plugs and air filter on order, crossing my fingers.

Mouse nest in it somewhere.

Mouse nest in it somewhere.

That's what I was thinking. Just a straight crank with the odd sputter here and there. Nothing in the airbox, maybe something jammed in the exhaust... Might be tomorrow's project if I'm up for it.

That's what I was thinking. Just a straight crank with the odd sputter here and there. Nothing in the airbox, maybe something jammed in the exhaust... Might be tomorrow's project if I'm up for it.
sniff it out, that usually works..

I dunno just putting feelers out to see what you all thought. Also tomorrow is looking good for riding ;):D
Whatever you plan, plan doing it solo :| or with a spouse

Back
Top Bottom