Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 32 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Mouse nests reek of piss, you can't miss the smell.
If you want something that eats mice get a mink ;) stick a mink in the garage and you won't have mice long!

Mouse nests reek of piss, you can't miss the smell.

Ahhhh, head was somewhere else. Very familiar with the ammonia smell of mouse piss, nothing here.

Ahhhh, head was somewhere else. Very familiar with the ammonia smell of mouse piss, nothing here.
Good! Must be something else then :|
if you have a spare plug just stick it into the easiest cap you can get to, ground it and check for spark (y)
doesn't even need to be the right plug, any plug should work ;)

That's what I was thinking. Just a straight crank with the odd sputter here and there. Nothing in the airbox, maybe something jammed in the exhaust... Might be tomorrow's project if I'm up for it.
If something is being difficult, I fire it on propane and it almost always works. Once it gets some heat and vibration happening and has a chance to suck through whatever sludge is in the fuel line, pull the propane and it works for the rest of the season.

Good! Must be something else then :|
if you have a spare plug just stick it into the easiest cap you can get to, ground it and check for spark (y)
doesn't even need to be the right plug, any plug should work ;)

I pulled the plugs today and they looked pretty decent outside of being soaked in gas from me trying to start. Maybe flooded? Seems unlikely on a modern FI bike.

It's four plugs/four coils on a parallel twin. In my head, I would imagine even if one coil or plug was bad, the other three would still give it more signs of life.

If something is being difficult, I fire it on propane and it almost always works. Once it gets some heat and vibration happening and has a chance to suck through whatever sludge is in the fuel line, pull the propane and it works for the rest of the season.

I have a can of starting fluid somewhere, saving that as a last resort though.

Either way, the bike is in pieces right now so there won't be much progress until Fortnine delivers the new plugs and filter. Unbelievable how such a big bike (Super Tenere) with so much empty space is such a PITA to work on.

If it has spark is a good idea to enriched the fuel but the propane idea would be much safer to your engine.
I have a can of starting fluid somewhere, saving that as a last resort though.
Check for spark, then you know it's not electrical. That leaves air fuel and compression left to test. It's also usually super easy to check fuel injection for pressure just by loosening a big allen banjo bolt somewhere and see if it sprays raw fuel all over you and the bike instantly on touching the key on :|

I don't see anything there to stop me from riding. This does send a message to people trying to gather in groups and not social distancing themselves.
That's a pretty optimistic and myopic interpretation. Where in this does it say going for a ride is ok? "Anyone who is not ill or has not travelled, is strongly directed to stay home except to access healthcare or medication, shop for groceries once per week, walk their dogs, and get daily exercise " All of the possible reasons they give for leaving your house are pretty explicitly not going on a ride for leisure.

Do your own thing.
Going for a ride in the country is fine and I will be. Not in the least explicitly covered. I'm not even subject to mandatory isolation as I came in before it became "explicit" but I'm doing a few more days cuz we have a nervous staff member.
A llittle common sense goes a long way :coffee:

what next
torches-pitchforks-lynch-mob.jpg

Two things keep me from riding right now.
#1 My wife won't let me.
#2 I don't want my name in the paper.A person suffering from covid19 died.They couldn't find an available er to treat him because the previous ambulance brought in Wingboy hit by a car turning left.

STAY THE **** HOME.

Two things keep me from riding right now.
#1 My wife won't let me.
#2 I don't want my name in the paper.A person suffering from covid19 died.They couldn't find an available er to treat him because the previous ambulance brought in Wingboy hit by a car turning left.

STAY THE **** HOME.
Or just as likely, the ambulance picked up wingboy after a left turner took him out but he was old and the ER was full so they opened the back doors so he could watch the sunset.

I have been there so much in last few years, they probably would. Lol

That's a pretty optimistic and myopic interpretation. Where in this does it say going for a ride is ok? "Anyone who is not ill or has not travelled, is strongly directed to stay home except to access healthcare or medication, shop for groceries once per week, walk their dogs, and get daily exercise " All of the possible reasons they give for leaving your house are pretty explicitly not going on a ride for leisure.
Yes you have to be optimisitic and positive! I know, but my motorcycle self is edging out my other self.

Today was a good day to get out and ride.
Was trying to head North but it was looking grey and $hitty, so the sun was in the West.
Got myself onto 15 Sideroad. Lots of riders, then south on Guelph Line, then Lakeshore.
Once I was in the city, there were lots of riders zipping around, also lots of people out and about in the parks, riding bikes etc.

Passed my first 1000K on the season today, total 1100 or so now. Pretty happy with that for the first week of April.

Backroads are empty. Cloudy as hell until the last 20 minutes of the ride....and then of course the sun came out and the clouds completely cleared.

Got in a leisurely 90km yesterday and underdressed for the temp a bit. Wanted to see what 5 weeks away from roaming in Canada looked like.( 3 in Chile, 2 in isolation ).

Going to 14 today but will go back to heated gear so I don't get chilled. Need to figure out an easy to access hand sanitizer to carry. I did carry a mask just in case but no reason to use it and my balaclava likely just as good. I do like flip up helmets.

Back
Top Bottom