Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 33 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

@MacDoc

Easy to make sanitize if you have 99% alcohol and aloe Vera. (Plus some lemon oil). Basically is a bit less than 30 % aloe and the rest alcohol plus a dab of lemon juice for that nice smell.

I have some travel bottles (for shampoo. Conditioner, etc.) that I got from Sail. Reason I got them is they will not leak. One of those in the tank bag with the solution in it is easy to make and handy to use. Prob any smaller bottle will work as long as it isn't going to leak. I

..Tom

I just forgot mine yesterday - wanted to use it at the pump. Today was not needed and I had enough in a pill bottle if needed. Staff are making their own for use.

Yesterday was so nice I went for a longer ride.
Up HWY 9 loop around Musselman's Lake, then straight up 9. Over to East Gwillimbury, looped there then up 34, then over to Leslie.
Eventually to Keswick and along Lake Dr. Still some ice along some parts of the shore.
Then Sutton/ Cannington/ Little Britain/ Valentia/ Then River rd/ Port Perrry/ home.

Hopefully the curve stays put and we can still enjoy some outdoors.

Nice days over for a bit ...rideable but today spoiled me. Got enough to get it out of my system .....mebbe.

You know I find I can either ride or I can make a video but I suck at doing both at the same time, I bet he does too but does not know it.

Yesterday was so nice I went for a longer ride.
Up HWY 9 loop around Musselman's Lake, then straight up 9. Over to East Gwillimbury, looped there then up 34, then over to Leslie.
Eventually to Keswick and along Lake Dr. Still some ice along some parts of the shore.
Then Sutton/ Cannington/ Little Britain/ Valentia/ Then River rd/ Port Perrry/ home.

Hopefully the curve stays put and we can still enjoy some outdoors.
Up hwy 9? Do you mean 9th Line through Markham? I did a similar ride this eve, but cut over at Ravenshoe then took Lakeridge up to Port Bolster then onto the Beav. Turned back following a 911 that had a appeared to have a stuck gas pedal. Beauty day and almost zero traffic.

Up hwy 9? Do you mean 9th Line through Markham? I did a similar ride this eve, but cut over at Ravenshoe then took Lakeridge up to Port Bolster then onto the Beav. Turned back following a 911 that had a appeared to have a stuck gas pedal. Beauty day and almost zero traffic.
Ohh yes I meant 9th Line. Funny part way my GPS thinks it is gravel, but it is not.
9th, 10th and Scarb Pickering/York Durham Townline's are my go to roads out of the hood going north.

Went out for a ride today since the sun was out and the temps were suppose to be up there, but it was chilly, didn't ride as much as I liked. Still beats sitting at home.

it was chilly but I'm starting to like riding in the cooler weather. I've learned how to layer properly and the full fairings help. Sure as hell beats heat stroke and dehydration when it's 30 degrees and humid af.

I couldn't watch the whole video -- notice the fellow rides the whole video on the greasy strip?

"Ride Like A Pro" plastered everywhere.

Doesn't understand basic blocking positions and why to avoid riding on the centre of the road. ?‍♂️

Anyhow. I went out today...planned to go further than we did but it wasn't ideal conditions, cut trip short. BTW, for anyone thinking about it, avoid Lakeshore Road between Newcastle and Port Hope. Usually one of my favourites, but wow...it did not handle this past winter well - it's like the surface of the moon right now.

What! you don't like riding gravel sprinkled hard top pot hole infested frost heave washboard spring softened roads?

I'd rather ride on gravel any day than surface of the moon roads.

Shame, as it's such a nice stretch of road.

It's possible I went for a good long ride today.

It's also possible, for those who think nobody should be riding right now, that I never got off my couch all day long.

I couldn’t believe how many bikes were out yesterday. The weather was great And yes I took advantage. Also took precautions. Spent yesterday afternoon with a very good friend that needed the getaway. Over the winter I lost a very good friend to a vehicle accident, He was killed in his truck on his way to work. I lost one of my riding buddies she however lost her riding buddy, her new husband, her world.
she’s been staying at home with four teens wanting to just get away and feel her bike and that freedom we all love. I’m Not going to lie I was so happy when I pulled up to see that she was riding his XDiavel. It brought a tear to my eye seeing it in my mirrors again. We met up at her place where she was in the driveway waiting East side of lake Scugog. We head into Port Perry for fuel and the appropriate after fuel squirt of hand sanitizer and we were off. Little tour up through Bobcaygeon around to Fenlon falls for an empty parking lot stretch and chat Keeping our distance. then back to her place Were we hung out in the drive for a short visit. After I geared back up she came out of no were like a line backer for a fully geared up hug Thanking me for getting her out for a couple hours. Lol
She’s always been a hugger and I new she couldn’t do the whole social distancing properly. But I will giver her the pass on that one.

anyhow end of ride story
If you are ok with riding in these times then do so. Keep your distance at stops/ or ride alone/ wash your hands when fuelling and most importantly ride safe.
If you don’t share my opinion that this can be done safely then stay home until this subsides to the point that you can ride with a clean conscious.

Back
Top Bottom