Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 26 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

you are a trooper Tom

I managed a loop around PEC
100 km maybe?

knackers were 90% internal
seeking heat after that!

but it was a nice little ride
perfectly clear blue sky!

I was out today as well. Didn't really dress entirely appropriately and didn't go out for as far/long as I'd have liked especially considering how nice it was outside, temps aside.

you are a trooper Tom

I managed a loop around PEC
100 km maybe?

knackers were 90% internal
seeking heat after that!

but it was a nice little ride
perfectly clear blue sky!

It's all about gear. I'm comfy enough that down to -10 or -15 the only thing I have to think about is the possibility of snow or ice.

I did see one other bike. Not sure what it was (I think a cruiser but was quite a ways ahead. Was riding along Mount Albert sideroad west of Sharon and pulled into one of the new subdivisions on the south side just before the drive in theatre.

Was also neat that even though Blue Mountain was closed there was a fair amount of families there with kids tobogganing down the bunny hills.

..Tom

Reactions: J_F
I had 3 pants on, 4 shirts and two gloves. After a hour my body was saying too much weight.

Going to splurge on winter gear this year :D

@V-Tom what's your gear? And what mods on bike for additional warmth?

I added heated seat (Russel Day long) and heated grips ("Hot Grip brand) over the last year. Otherwise normal street clothes as base layer (today my regular Tilly Travel Dress socks, jeans, t-shirt and normal shirt. Over that "Warm n Safe" brand heated jacket with an Aerostich wind blocker fleece soft shell over that.(I halve another soft shell that I add when it is further below freezing.) Over my jeans a pair of Aerostich wind blocker fleece pants. "Warm N Safe" heated socks over my regular socks (this came with age. 10 years ago my regular socks were enough down to -10 for short hour long rides.)

Over the above my Roadcrafter R3 one piece (which I wear all year round) that provide absolutely no inflation but does a great job of stopping wind and rain. Warm n Safe heated gloves. I have 4 variable controller. Seat and grips hard wired, also gloves and socks sharing one remote control circuit and jacket the other remote controller circuit.

Realize it's taken me over 10 years (and over 550,000 km) to find out what works for me. Much of it is expensive but since I often ride over 50,000 km a year for me it's less expensive than the gear that costs less and lasts less. (My 2015 V-Strom DL100 0 that I bought end of July 2015 turned over 216,000 km today.)

..Tom

@V-Tom thanks will take a look at some of those things. I am imagine you look like Michelin man.

@MacDoc lol don't know how to size down the file

Attachments

• 20200316_124046.jpg
    20200316_124046.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • 20200316_124055.jpg
    20200316_124055.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
I added heated seat (Russel Day long) and heated grips ("Hot Grip brand) over the last year. Otherwise normal street clothes as base layer (today my regular Tilly Travel Dress socks, jeans, t-shirt and normal shirt. Over that "Warm n Safe" brand heated jacket with an Aerostich wind blocker fleece soft shell over that.(I halve another soft shell that I add when it is further below freezing.) Over my jeans a pair of Aerostich wind blocker fleece pants. "Warm N Safe" heated socks over my regular socks (this came with age. 10 years ago my regular socks were enough down to -10 for short hour long rides.)

Over the above my Roadcrafter R3 one piece (which I wear all year round) that provide absolutely no inflation but does a great job of stopping wind and rain. Warm n Safe heated gloves. I have 4 variable controller. Seat and grips hard wired, also gloves and socks sharing one remote control circuit and jacket the other remote controller circuit.

Realize it's taken me over 10 years (and over 550,000 km) to find out what works for me. Much of it is expensive but since I often ride over 50,000 km a year for me it's less expensive than the gear that costs less and lasts less. (My 2015 V-Strom DL100 0 that I bought end of July 2015 turned over 216,000 km today.)

..Tom
I was wondering how you kept your feet warm. My boots don't seem to protect me as well I thought they should, not as warm as my other boots. Even with better socks my feet come back a little frozen. Hopefully one day if I get lower fairings it will help.

Might go out this afternoon.

Finally! After a few days of should I/shouldn't I, I finally went for a ride today

Was a fairly short ride, only about 60 km but man that was effing glorious. Riding season is officially on for me now.

Finally! After a few days of should I/shouldn't I, I finally went for a ride today

Was a fairly short ride, only about 60 km but man that was effing glorious. Riding season is officially on for me now.
I was out today as well. When that sun came out it wasn't too bad. Short ride as well. But I saw 3 other riders!

Successful first ride. Put an exhaust on the sewing machine fz6 and what a difference it makes. I couldn't stop dropping a gear

just got back myself from a short rip around Milton...other than No Frills, all parking lots are EMPTY...scary to see the Premium Outlets at Trafalgar and 401 empty...nice to get out though!

I was wondering how you kept your feet warm. My boots don't seem to protect me as well I thought they should, not as warm as my other boots. Even with better socks my feet come back a little frozen. Hopefully one day if I get lower fairings it will help.

Might go out this afternoon.
Grabber Toe Warmers, 10-pk | Canadian Tire

My wife likes to snowshoe, she uses these.

Back
Top Bottom