Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Grabber Toe Warmers, 10-pk | Canadian Tire

My wife likes to snowshoe, she uses these.
I used these for my first few years of riding and they did a good job in a pinch when I was out longer than expected or if the temps suddenly dropped. They were also handy enough to keep a couple packs in my jacket or somewhere on my bike. Since my fingers and toes get cold really easily, I need something below 10deg.

The minor things I didn't like were that they didn't last for long rides and they made my feet uncomfortable over long rides due to the space they take up in the boot.

Switched to a pair of powerlet/first gear heated socks for $60 about 10yrs ago and they have lasted me very well. For long distance riding in the cold, heated socks can't be beat.

Saw a few more bikes out today. Even one of those fake looking e-bike things. Looks just like a sportbike but makes no sound. That sould be illegal. Too confusing, and we as riders have enough to deal with without them masqurading as motorcycles.

Yeah! To hell with bikes that make no sound!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I wonder how risky it is to ride a Zero? Or do they get fitted with Ice Cream Truck sirens?

I wonder how risky it is to ride a Zero? Or do they get fitted with Ice Cream Truck sirens?
Haha I haven't found it any different than my former gas bike, though I have considered adding a bicycle bell for the peds who don't pay attention.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back on topic. I might try to get out for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon.

forcast for friday afternoon looks good. probably go to Ace and then to princess auto. get some stuff to bleed my brakes.

60% chance of rain here tomorrow afternoon, but 20 degrees.
Still lots of sand on the roads (salt trucks dump salt and sand here).
I will try and get out if it's nice.

60% chance of rain here tomorrow afternoon, but 20 degrees.
Still lots of sand on the roads (salt trucks dump salt and sand here).
I will try and get out if it's nice.

Wouldn't count on it. Look at the bigger picture on that forecast - warm in the AM but rain...then when the rain stops it's going to be followed quickly by a snap cold front that's ushering in potentially damaging winds they're estimating will be in the 90-100kph range along with possible thunderstorms in the middle of it all. Then plumetting temps in the afternoon down to -10 or something like that tomorrow night.

Doesn't sound like much or a riding day to me despite the earlier hopes. The temps alone don't tell the tale.

I so wanted to go out today as around 2-3PM it was actually very nice...but alas...I'm not supposed to leave the house right now. ?

Wouldn't count on it. Look at the bigger picture on that forecast - warm in the AM but rain...then when the rain stops it's going to be followed quickly by a snap cold front that's ushering in potentially damaging winds they're estimating will be in the 90-100kph range along with possible thunderstorms in the middle of it all. Then plumetting temps in the afternoon down to -10 or something like that tomorrow night.

Doesn't sound like much or a riding day to me despite the earlier hopes. The temps alone don't tell the tale.

I so wanted to go out today as around 2-3PM it was actually very nice...but alas...I'm not supposed to leave the house right now. ?
Forecast is different here, than for the big smoke, so we'll see when it comes time for Eyewitness weather.

so my plan was to definitely go for a ride today after all the rain dried up seeing as we were supposed to hit 17 degrees...well, just came back from No Frills (quite the nice experience actually with security guards only letting in a few people at a time and most shelves actually containing food - no TP though) and man is that wind ever strong...now I'm a lightweight (108 lbs) and a gust nearly blew me off my feet as I was walking across the parking lot...alas, no ride for me today :(

I wish I could go for a ride and checkout empty streets of downtown. Maybe park it where I'm not supposed to for a quick photo, etc.

But the weather really is something atm. And I'm WFH.

Back
Top Bottom