Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

This is showing cloud ..no precip - my go to. But risky with that temp of icy patches

Pretty clear NWS - National Mosaic Radar Image: Full Resolution Loop

But could be local conditions.

Wind showed some early - you should be okay in the afternoon.

Forecast says no precipitation. On my way to work saw some light flurry and freezing rain

It’s a good day to pump some water off the pool cover and the pool sump well.

Using one of my motorcycle batteries to power the sump pump...so couldn’t ride even if I wanted too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only it was + temps with that sun it would be fantastic riding.

Just got back in from a quick half hr ride to test new boots and glove liner. Neither are motorcycle specific apparel. Held up pretty well at highway speeds. Only a few exits, but proven to be good enough to ride to work next couple days! ?

Just got back in from a quick half hr ride to test new boots and glove liner. Neither are motorcycle specific apparel. Held up pretty well at highway speeds. Only a few exits, but proven to be good enough to ride to work next couple days! ?
That pretty crazy. All the power to you.

*shrug* I've always had a winter beater bike. Just got back from running errands on it. I wouldn't take my Harley out in this but a nice light bike that has plastic instead of chrome? No problem.

I don't have a beater bike but I'll take any riding day over nothing. Also gives me an excuse to wash some dust and salt off ?

btw anyone have advice for getting chain lube off the actual rim? Hot soapy water didn't do much last time.. And what is your weapon of choice? I've used a standard dish sponge but It got greased up fairly easily.. Ended up tossing it lol.. I think I spread the crap more than cleaned it up..

I don't have a beater bike but I'll take any riding day over nothing. Also gives me an excuse to wash some dust and salt off

btw anyone have advice for getting chain lube off the actual rim? Hot soapy water didn't do much last time.. And what is your weapon of choice? I've used a standard dish sponge but It got greased up fairly easily.. Ended up tossing it lol.. I think I spread the crap more than cleaned it up..
I asked the same question in another thread...best advice I received was wd40 with a microfiber then windex. Works very well. Finish off with a coat of wax afterwards to make the next clean up easier.

EDIT: I have painted wheels, make sure those products are safe for your wheels if you don't.

I asked the same question in another thread...best advice I received was wd40 with a microfiber then windex. Works very well. Finish off with a coat of wax afterwards to make the next clean up easier.

EDIT: I have painted wheels, make sure those products are safe for your wheels if you don't.
Very close to what I do, except I use any solvent I have on hand to clean the rim, then instead of wax I apply a very thin coat of 100% pure tung nut oil to seal the painted or anodized rim finish. Tung oil is a hardening oil and it doesn't appear to harm my painted rims in the least after 6 years of doing that.

make sure those products are safe for your wheels if you don't.

Very important. I made a mistake of using super clean degreaser (purple bottle one) and it ate the paint on my black rim. You can see fine sparkles of silver.

Wipe it off right away if mistake was made.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I don't have a beater bike but I'll take any riding day over nothing. Also gives me an excuse to wash some dust and salt off

See if you can find one of the wash mitts with the scrubby on one side (see pic). That plus soap and hot water works for me. Not worth the risk to use WD40 and have it drip down the tire and onto the tread

2c7eafa844e08a7a6c81e27f1a1a59ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woops, got excited to clean and justwent ahead and sprayed a tiny bit directly onto the rim, nothing got to the tire and wiped off nicely with the blue auto cloth. ? Im not a leaner anyways, I like my 4pc chicken strips but ya nothing got to the tire ??thanks all

I don't have a beater bike but I'll take any riding day over nothing. Also gives me an excuse to wash some dust and salt off ?

Kerosene. Or wd40 that’s already been mentioned but Kerosene is my go to cleaner.

Varsol ( available at CT) is a great degreaser, but safe for all painted/clearcoated surfaces...based on mineral spirits. Takes a bit longer to dry...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Last week I flew down to Arizona to spend some time with my daughter. While she worked I rode around on a rental bike (Yamaha Super Tenere'.) Did about 1,200 miles/ 1,900 km. Nice bike and always nice riding around Arizona!

Rode in to work today. Start late on Wednesdays so it has warmed up to about -10 when I left home. Beautiful clear day to ride and **no bugs**!

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom