Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Was itching realllll badly to take it out this morning but the rain/snow warning by EOD kept me away from it.

#sadlife

I have a heated area to keep my bike in this year so going to see how many days in each month I can get out. I hadn't really considered the corrosion problem until you mention it, so thanks for the heads up. I was planning on lots of washing and wiping though. The CRC spray looks like a quality product , where do you source it?
I buy it off Amazon.

I buy it off Amazon.
Thank you, I do the "Prime" thing and see it for $17 something a can.

Just rode for an hour. Funny how you look at a street cleaner spraying fine water all over the place differently when the temps drop !

Well, snow up here this morning. Going to have to put the bikes away this weekend and dust off the snow blower. Winter setting in early this year. Booo!

Well now who's riding..... I guess it's time for the tender.

Didn't ride today. About 4 or 5 inches of snow in my driveway on on my road plus 680 traffic mentioning cars spinning out.

We'll see about tomorrow but it looks like more snow this eve so prob not.

..Tom

Didn't ride today. About 4 or 5 inches of snow in my driveway on on my road plus 680 traffic mentioning cars spinning out.

We'll see about tomorrow but it looks like more snow this eve so prob not.

..Tom
No ride for me either - 3" of snow in Markham. Roads were slushy -- anytime it snows here Markham puts on a city wide version of Canada's Worst Drivers.

About 4" of snow this morning. Gotta love living in the country; driving in this morning and saw flashing lights from a cruiser. Slowed down expecting someone in the ditch, but saw someone out with an animal walking along the side of the road. Figured canine unit and thought "this can't be good". When I got closer I saw it was a huge pig that had got loose and was being herded back to the farm.

If I'm riding downtown at -4c. How much ice would there really be? Too dangerous to ride?

Apart from the fact it is cold the temperature by itself is no real indication of whether or not there is ice. I have ridden on clear days below -10 with perfectly dry roads with no ice and seen lots of ice around freezing. If I don't see a lot of snow this eve I am likely to ride in to work tomorrow and it should be around -7 when I leave home.

..Tom

If I'm riding downtown at -4c. How much ice would there really be? Too dangerous to ride?
Downtown, I find the biggest problem is the wet metal (tracks/plates/covers), nit an actual ice problem. As vtom said, temp is not a great indicator. If anything, i would much rather ride at -20 than zero. Just around freezing is as slippery as it gets.

ground temp has more to do with that than air temp

this time of year sub-zero temps and a bit of snow are not that bad
tire contact patch will still be able to dispel the water/snow and grab some traction

by January the road way and underneath will be sub-zero
that is when things get dodgy

thats good because we are riding again on Sunday regardless of conditions.
Gord! come out and play, you can do Sundays :cool:

Tuesday's ride at 4 degrees was cool enough that I had to ride part way with the visor down.
Today we woke up to about 1.5 - 2 inches of snow but I did see a guy on his bike after work.

Back
Top Bottom