Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

I never really never stop riding unless there is risk of ice or snow on the road. I have put over 4,500 km on my bike so far in October, 1653 km this week (starting Sunday) so far.

Proper gear makes a huge difference. In this calendar year I have ridden from +38°c/100°f down to -18°c/0°f.

..Tom

Tom, nobody likes you!

Sent from the Moon!

Some road in Mississauga have been sprayed with the salt/brine solution already . Saw it on my ride home .

was out this evening, a short 20 km spin just to blow the cobwebs out, dressed in layers so the cold did not bite [and it was a short ride!]

I rode in Cambridge ( Preston area) then almost crashed because the helmet visor fogged up and I rode through a ton of dirt -_-"

And in my head I'm thinking I complain when it's too hot and now I complain when it's too cold

Was out for an hour around mid-day. Caledon area mostly. Still pleasant, if a little cool. Didn't come across a single bike though.

Some road in Mississauga have been sprayed with the salt/brine solution already . Saw it on my ride home .
I planned on riding this afternoon, but saw that stuff on Hwy 50 when I was running errands this morning. I hate how it sticks to my car, so I spent the afternoon cleaning and winterizing my bikes. They're tucked away now, season over for me

Went for a 2 hr ride yesterday through Caledon. Will keep riding until it gets to cold during the day.

I planned on riding this afternoon, but saw that stuff on Hwy 50 when I was running errands this morning. I hate how it sticks to my car, so I spent the afternoon cleaning and winterizing my bikes. They're tucked away now, season over for me

Had to cross the bride . What can you do . But Sunday they are calling for rain . Hoping it will wash off . Next week is a mixed bag but so far low of 8 at night .

Been riding since 9:30 with eBay heated grips, handlebar muffs + Handguard. Also have heated vest on.

Hands and body are tolerable but I completely neglected legs and face...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Just back from 4 days / 3100KM motocamping in the south with @regder - Checked off a few boxes on this years bucket list:

- Tail of the dragon
- Shiners 28
- Cherohala Skyway
- Back of the dragon.

Got some of the Blue Ridge in as well.

IMG_1557 (2).jpg

IMG_1542 (1).jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

Realistically that's the last big ride of the season. Will keep riding local stuff until conditions no longer allow.

Had a great time sharing it with another fellow rider who shares my riding style. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1557 (1).jpg
    IMG_1557 (1).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 23
Been riding since 9:30 with eBay heated grips, handlebar muffs + Handguard. Also have heated vest on.

Hands and body are tolerable but I completely neglected legs and face...

A cheap buff and quality thermal long underwear (like Tmaxx) can work wonders.

I guess for most prople on this thread,
riding in cold is better than not riding.
Not for me - I’m done for this season.
I will save my $$$ for hardparts & maintenance, not heated gear...
Rest of you - Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Looped Lake Ontario this weekend... Friday was cold and wet -- rained from Niagara to Sodus Point. Finished off Saturday -- cold but sunny.

It was 2 this morning when I left for the office -- this time of year it can be scary riding early because it's dark, foggy, dewey wet and people are starting to forget about motorcycles.

Back
Top Bottom