Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
It's that time of year again. ;)

Went out for a few hours today with a friend. Dressed super warm but still appreciated having my heated vest on for the last half hour of the ride when the sun started to set.

Saw a few other bikes out. Tomorrow looking good as well, suspect there will be lots out.

(Any complaints about the thread being too early this year...? LOL)

I rode today with heated best and 2 layers underneath my textile jacket.

I need to do something about gloves. Ordered heated grips and thinking about these gloves.

Seibertron SP2 SP-2 Men's Leather On-Road Motorcycle Gloves Genuine Leather Motocross Motobike Motorcycle Racing sports gloves (Black, L) Seibertron SP2 SP-2 Men's Leather On-Road Motorcycle Gloves Genuine Leather Motocross Motobike Motorcycle Racing sports gloves: Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

5 star with 51 reviews (Canadian reviews with our climate)

I can always return them if quality seems iffy.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm still riding. The fall colors are getting striking, aside from a lot or leaves on the road, today was a great riding day. Still wearing my summer gear, that's gonna change soon as it got a bit chilly when the sun was setting today.

Reactions: TK4
I have a fairly good pair of waterproof winter-ish gloves. No heated grips on my bike, I really like the style of grips I have and won't want to switch them out for the more smooth style to get a heated model.

I ordered these from Amazon back in the spring and have had the opportunity to use them a few times since. I like that I can just put them on when I want heated grips, but take them off the rest of the time. Simple USB plug..but you do need a good high powered (2A minimum) USB plug otherwise the heat output is pretty low. They work surprisingly well for $20 if you have a good 2A USB plug on your bike however...

Tons. All week last week.

I rode today with heated best and 2 layers underneath my textile jacket.

I need to do something about gloves. Ordered heated grips and thinking about these gloves.

Seibertron SP2 SP-2 Men's Leather On-Road Motorcycle Gloves Genuine Leather Motocross Motobike Motorcycle Racing sports gloves (Black, L) Seibertron SP2 SP-2 Men's Leather On-Road Motorcycle Gloves Genuine Leather Motocross Motobike Motorcycle Racing sports gloves: Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors

5 star with 51 reviews (Canadian reviews with our climate)

I can always return them if quality seems iffy.

Winter gloves is high on my list. And some base layers

I have a fairly good pair of waterproof winter-ish gloves. No heated grips on my bike, I really like the style of grips I have and won't want to switch them out for the more smooth style to get a heated model.

I ordered these from Amazon back in the spring and have had the opportunity to use them a few times since. I like that I can just put them on when I want heated grips, but take them off the rest of the time. Simple USB plug..but you do need a good high powered (2A minimum) USB plug otherwise the heat output is pretty low. They work surprisingly well for $20 if you have a good 2A USB plug on your bike however...

I actually had them and liked them except I didn't like how thick it made my grips. With summer gloves no problem but I have old Oxford bone dry gloves (which I don't recommend) that are kind of tight. So my hands get cramped.

I ended up returning them and ordered permanent ones by same 'iztoss' brand where the adjustable settings are integrated in the grip. About the same price.

I even ordered 10 dollar muff from ebay just to try out.

Yeah, I have the Oxfords gloves as well, suspect the same ones. Love them for riding in the rain in the summer when it's on the cool side. Mixed feelings for cold weather. The grips make things better.

I have never found riding to be incredibly chilling. Around this time of year I switch to a wear a lined Technic touring jacket, pop the chin shroud in my Shoei and change to Thinsulated gauntlet gloves. Wind chill doesn't really kick in till you're below 5c, so you don't need much more than what you would wear outside for a walk. I'm not crazy about riding below 5c anyway, that's when tires and road surfaces get mighty challenging.

I bought a pair of T-Maxx thermal longjohn underwear last May when I did my first iron butt with a buddy. Was hovering in the 0C range for the last few hours (and the first few were only 5-6 as well) and they were amazing. Have wore them a few times since for long cold weather rides.

Not cheap, but the right gear for the weather seldom is. But it makes things WAY more enjoyable.

Went for a quick ride around noon, just up woodbine to the end and back down the 404. Fleece jeans, soft shell fleece lined jacket and a leather on top, I think it was around 8c. Pretty warm.

Had to stop commuting. Rear tire is bald. Ordered a new Kenda, but still waiting for a new inner tube (I change it with every tire change). Sadly, it looks like commuting season will be over by the time I get it fixed. I usually stop the first week in November. Risk of ice on the roads at night after that, and I work late.

Had some chores to get done today so only 45 minute toot down to the lake and back. Tommorrow looking great weather wise as well so gonna try for a couple hours riding. Have put over 17000 km on the Tcat since May. Luvin it !

Heated gear keeps me toasty without feeling like a marshmallow down to about 5c.

Just got around to buying a Buff a couple weeks ago, should have bought one years ago. Never thought a piece of cloth tube could be so useful.

No it isn't.

I'll wait until November next year. ;)

Looks like I'm headed for the Dragon and Cherohala Wednesday. I'll be kissing the fall temps goodbye for a few days at least. One last good trip, can't wait!

I'm still out tomorrow but leaving for 4 weeks in the US in early Nov so that'll be all for this year....no complaints tho ....BC trip was a good ride and got a lot in for once in Australia.

Sounds like I'm less tolerant to cold than rest of you. I was fine today initially but wanted to head home after my fingers started cold.

Maybe I should've stopped to take a break but what started off as 'cold but doable' weather turned to 'my fingers are freezing and can't feel them' weather after 2 hrs straight on saddle.

Back
Top Bottom