Who's dreaming up something big for next year? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's dreaming up something big for next year?

JBR. Just bring lots and lots and lots of gas.
Wouldn't want too travel that fast on a road that has so much frost heaving. About 120 on the KLR is good with that long travel suspension soaking up the bumps.

If you’re into twist and turns with thrills

129 is a must whenever you are in the iron bridge area

I did HWY 101 from Matheson into Quebec, no one was on it. Definitely could be a faster run road.

If you do 129 north consider the sultan road east for the return. Lots of great rough camping here since it's a logging area.

So far, travel within Canada looks worse this year than last year? Is douggie still trying to keep Ontario borders closed?? The west is still more open than Ontario.

I haven’t decided what to do with my vacation this year, my brother on west coast sort of expecting someone to visit him. Crossing Ontario and prairies and Alberta badlands sounds daunting at this point for me.

So far, travel within Canada looks worse this year than last year? Is douggie still trying to keep Ontario borders closed?? The west is still more open than Ontario.

I haven’t decided what to do with my vacation this year, my brother on west coast sort of expecting someone to visit him. Crossing Ontario and prairies and Alberta badlands sounds daunting at this point for me.
You had quite the adventure last year on your trip out west. Might even have the stateside borders open by late summer which could open things up (assuming you are comfortable travelling through the US.

Have you ever ridden east like to Cabot Trail, Gaspe or towards Tadoussac?

If the borders open up and there’s no issues with getting medical insurance, I’d like to go back to the Smoky Mountains.

You had quite the adventure last year on your trip out west. Might even have the stateside borders open by late summer which could open things up (assuming you are comfortable travelling through the US.

Have you ever ridden east like to Cabot Trail, Gaspe or towards Tadoussac?

If the borders open up and there’s no issues with getting medical insurance, I’d like to go back to the Smoky Mountains.
Are they really going to open though? I’ve done 2 one way trips from BC to here via states. I prefer ride via states; less worry about gas = riding anytime of day/night.

There is some hope now that interprovincial travel won’t be as frowned upon by late summer, with BC opening up faster than here.

I haven’t done east coast yet as it seemed too close, wouldn’t mind going if they didn’t have that bubble/travel ban.

It looks like things will be opening up over the next couple of months. I'm guessing interprovincial travel restrictions will ease through July, some provinces before others. International is anybody's guess. If the feds do what they should (sign onto the EU's covid-certificate scheme), that's supposed to start in June, although the pessimist in me says that in the interest of "equality" they're not going to start until everyone has access to second doses (looking like August), and/or in the interest of "equality" (can't be making Europe easier to travel to than the USA) not until Canada is 75% fully vaccinated so that it will hardly matter if someone infected crosses the border.

Very cheap flights to BC ...fly - rent a bike
June 15th
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at Jun, 8    2021    1.46.39 PM.jpg
June 28th
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at Jun, 8    2021    1.49.31 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nyx
Very cheap flights to BC ...fly - rent a bike
June 15th
View attachment 49342
June 28th
View attachment 49343

My mom would be happy to tag along. She's been wanting to visit my brother there.

My concern since pandemic is contact tracing/exposure and need to isolate after plane ride. That would exceed my vacation time than riding across solo. I would be put on ei or for those 2 weeks.
Also I understand contracting is possible anywhere, it's just this would be putting yourself in a situation where you may get a call from health ontario later?
I'm waiting on the restrictions around that to change before boarding plane.
Not excited by riding across Canada idea anymore either. US across worked better for me.

immense pressure to get the US/CAN border open
change in policy yesterday that Canadians with shots 2 can avoid the hotel nonsense

most have had the first shot, if the border opens, get #2 in the US
travel back with only the 3 day home quarantine, and neg test

I figure by August a tour to the south will be possible

I've been hearing that NS is saying the middle of July, And they are looking at opening up for province to province travel, Hope it's not going to be the Atlantic bubble thing again this yr

Reactions: J_F
I've been hearing that NS is saying the middle of July, And they are looking at opening up for province to province travel, Hope it's not going to be the Atlantic bubble thing again this yr
that would be a good development
haven't seen the east coast for a few years
road work on the Cabot Trail should be done by now

the ride through QC isn't my fave - MTL and the south shore
but a route across the north shore makes it a bit better

Back
Top Bottom