Who’s Still a Reasonable Option for SS | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who’s Still a Reasonable Option for SS

Hammie

Site Supporter
52 years old, M lisence over 30 years. No claims and Aviva just jacked my rate 52%. Who is a better demographic than me FFS?

Any companies still SS friendly at all?

Thx

Hammie

Wawanesa has good bike rates if you combine with home and car
need 6 years with an M and good record

hmmm, a mod that's been here 15 years and has 37 posts, cool

Was going to recommend the same but I haven't seen how much my rates are going up yet. We gotta pay for all those fender benders that happened to cars over the winter after all.

Try Mitchell &Whale been with them a couple years good record under $1,000 a year for 16 R1M. Over 50 riding 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Wawanesa is your best bet. Alternatively try Allstate, and TD. Mitchel and whale can possibly get you a standalone policy with them, assuming you have a clean record.

Side question: I know Wawanesa requires one to be licensed for 6 years, however is that 6 years from M1 or M2? I think a broker told me it's from M2

Wawanesa is your best bet. Alternatively try Allstate, and TD. Mitchel and whale can possibly get you a standalone policy with them, assuming you have a clean record.

Side question: I know Wawanesa requires one to be licensed for 6 years, however is that 6 years from M1 or M2? I think a broker told me it's from M2

m2!

Last time I checked, Wawanesa didn't insure any sport bike (not only SS, naked, sport touring, etc. as well!) over 1000 cc. Does not matter how old are you, how many years you're licensed, etc. 1000+ cc = NO INSURANCE.
Has something changed in there?

FWIW I currently have a policy with Wawanesa on my CB919 that I started last summer, and it's the only thing I have insured with them

If you just want to send over your SS bike, then I good a decent rate from Kim @ Richard ten Haaf Insurance out of london. I have already left aviva because of the crazy rate increase.

If you just want to send over your SS bike, then I good a decent rate from Kim @ Richard ten Haaf Insurance out of london. I have already left aviva because of the crazy rate increase.
May I ask which insurer ? ricktenhaaf.com indicates they deal with Desjardins. I thought they don't underwrite SSs.

Last time I checked, Wawanesa didn't insure any sport bike (not only SS, naked, sport touring, etc. as well!) over 1000 cc. Does not matter how old are you, how many years you're licensed, etc. 1000+ cc = NO INSURANCE.
Has something changed in there?

I'm insured by Wawanesa for my FJR1300 Sport Touring. Riding only 3 years now. Only thing I have with them. Mitchell & Whale. Perfect record for 35 years. Never had a at fault claim in that time. Ticket free for 20 years.

I'm insured by Wawanesa for my FJR1300 Sport Touring. Riding only 3 years now. Only thing I have with them. Mitchell & Whale. Perfect record for 35 years. Never had a at fault claim in that time. Ticket free for 20 years.

radar detector?

kidding, place and time for spirited riding, I'm guessing

Not true. See my above post.

FJR1300 Sport Touring is like my BMW K100RS, very stealthy with a stock exhaust, great acceleration and upright rider position,
nice full frontal fairing
that you can cover with microwave absorbing material :D

Back
Top Bottom