Where to find a decent "bucket type" car seat? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to find a decent "bucket type" car seat?

油井緋色

Site Supporter
Anyone have suggestions for where to find salvaged car seats? I was gonna buy new, but most of the decent seats are $700 CAD. Many online are saying to look at junk shops.

This isn't for actual car use, just has to be comfy and mountable.

Recaro

I've got one I am installing in my excavator very soon, the original seat wore out after mice attacked it.
... I think you are looking at about 5 or 600 hundred dollars and unlikely to find one in a scrap yard.

Do you want a real basic racing seat or something more fast and furious looking?

They are not expensive. The one from my previous "racecar" is now mounted on an old office chair base and we use it as a gamer chair when playing the Disney Princess simulator. Kids love it, cat loves it, wife hates it....

These are hard plastic, I have always found them very comfortable as they are well shaped to fit the body. They sell padded covers that add an inch or so of foam. There are other brands but the JAZ ones have always done well by me.

More options:

Last edited:
Do you want a real basic racing seat or something more fast and furious looking?

They are not expensive. The one from my previous "racecar" is now mounted on an old office chair base and we use it as a gamer chair when playing the Disney Princess simulator. Kids love it, cat loves it, wife hates it....

These are hard plastic, I have always found them very comfortable as they are well shaped to fit the body. They sell padded covers that add an inch or so of foam. There are other brands but the JAZ ones have always done well by me.

More options:

Need something comfy and stiff. The brake pedal I'm pushing goes up to 90kg of pressure and my current seat is flexing. I also ejected my foot pedals into the the wall lol

I have 2 you can have out of a caravan decent shape $25 each.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

I'll keep this in mind lol Cause Trials is right, the ones I saw were $500-$1000 CAD T_T

Kijiji prices on used car seats seem to generally be in outer space for some reason, but you could try a self-serve junkyard. The Kenny U-Pull near me has a couple BMWs in inventory, for example

Kijiji prices on used car seats seem to generally be in outer space for some reason, but you could try a self-serve junkyard. The Kenny U-Pull near me has a couple BMWs in inventory, for example

Will have to go this route. Hope I find something before my current seat breaks in half lol

Recaro

I've got one I am installing in my excavator very soon, the original seat wore out after mice attacked it.
... I think you are looking at about 5 or 600 hundred dollars and unlikely to find one in a scrap yard.

I don't need a legit FIA approved seat (I know this costs more.)

The brake pedal I'm pushing goes up to 90kg of pressure
:unsure:

You seriously need to ride motorcycles more :| we have these things now called: hydraulic brakes :cool:
makes it super easy to lock up the wheels any time you want with very little effort.

You can have my old excavator seat for free if you want it, would save me taking it to the dump and paying 5 bucks to dispose of it.

The brake pedal I'm pushing goes up to 90kg of pressure
:unsure:

You seriously need to ride motorcycles more :| we have these things now called: hydraulic brakes :cool:
makes it super easy to lock up the wheels any time you want with very little effort.

You can have my old excavator seat for free if you want it, would save me taking it to the dump and paying 5 bucks to dispose of it.
I strongly suspect this is for a computer game trials. You are moving an arm on a sensor. Any force is likely just to make it feel realistic (although they could use a hydraulic master and pressure sensor to get the signal required).

I strongly suspect this is for a computer came trials. You are moving an arm on a sensor. Any force is likely just to make it feel realistic (although they could use a hydraulic master and pressure sensor to get the signal required).
lol Ya I know, that's why I said he needs to get out and ride more.
I think the market for the recaro is driven by the need to fit a 4 point seatbelt.

I strongly suspect this is for a computer came trials. You are moving an arm on a sensor. Any force is likely just to make it feel realistic (although they could use a hydraulic master and pressure sensor to get the signal required).

Spot on. It's for iRacing. I found the higher brake pressure better for consistency but this "sport" has the same problem motorcycles had for me....the faster you get, the more $$$$ you spend -_-

lol Ya I know, that's why I said he needs to get out and ride more.
I think the market for the recaro is driven by the need to fit a 4 point seatbelt.

Do you think I'd be sim racing if I could afford to do the real thing? Look at my sig pic lol

Gave it up years ago because it's a wallet buster.

Spot on. It's for iRacing. I found the higher brake pressure better for consistency but this "sport" has the same problem motorcycles had for me....the faster you get, the more $$$$ you spend -_-
On the upside you don't die when you exceed your ability :)

That don't sound like much fun, you're going to get bed sores instead of scrapes and bruises.

That don't sound like much fun, you're going to get bed sores instead of scrapes and bruises.

So you wanna give me money so I can smash motorcycles irl? lol

The JAZ or like buckets will not flex in this case and the mounts are good for over 1600 lbs of force X4. Will just come down to how well you mount it. In fact the entire idea of not having a bunch of couch padding is to keep you locked into the seat.

They just don't look all fast and furious.... function over fashion.

Last edited:
So you wanna give me money so I can smash motorcycles irl? lol
No it don't work that way, you have to work your *** off to make the money for the expensive dangerous toys :cool:
but it's worth it.

No it don't work that way, you have to work your *** off to make the money for the expensive dangerous toys :cool:
but it's worth it.

So....are you trying to make me feel bad for choosing to spend money wisely or rubbing salt on the wound because I'm sim racing instead of riding? There isn't a day where I don't think about riding.

The JAZ or like buckets will not flex in this case and the mounts are good for over 1600 lbs of force. Will just come down to how well you mount it. In fact the entire idea of not having a bunch of couch padding is to keep you locked into the seat.

They just don't look all fast and furious.... function over fashion.
Gonna check them out. I'll take function over style lol

... hurry up and invent some crazy dot com thing or win the lottery, that would do it (y)
I have a feeling you are going to win big if that helps any.

Back
Top Bottom