Where to Change Small Trailer Tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to Change Small Trailer Tires

stnd

Site Supporter
Hi, looking for info hopefully someone has dealt with this before. I have a small trailer with small 12" wheels. Everyone I called so far does not change these tires on rim (Canadian Tire, Tires23, Active Green n Ross).

Anyone know a place in and around the GTA that sells/mounts small tires like these on the rim? Canadian tire at least sells the tires, but doesn't mount.

Thanks.

Do they provide a reason as to why they won't undertake the work?

I would think their equipment is for larger wheels but I wonder if using tire irons is too much work for them.

Btw, the U Haul depot located at Royal Windsor Dr and Winston Churchill Dr, located at the Oakville /Mississauga border have the means to change out small trailer tires.

Hi, looking for info hopefully someone has dealt with this before. I have a small trailer with small 12" wheels. Everyone I called so far does not change these tires on rim (Canadian Tire, Tires23, Active Green n Ross).

Anyone know a place in and around the GTA that sells/mounts small tires like these on the rim? Canadian tire at least sells the tires, but doesn't mount.

Thanks.
One of my trailers has 8" rims. I tried changing the tube, struggled for a long time, popped the new tube and threw it out. Small trailer tires on rims aren't that expensive. Probably not much price difference between one already assembled and tire+tube+pay to mount.

Do they provide a reason as to why they won't undertake the work?

I would think their equipment is for larger wheels but I wonder if using tire irons is too much work for them.

Btw, the U Haul depot located at Royal Windsor Dr and Winston Churchill Dr, located at the Oakville /Mississauga border have the means to change out small trailer tires.

Thanks. I think that's the reason. Machines not suited for it and won't do it manually.

Removing tires from small wheels is a pain. You can make it much easier by bolting the wheel through the axle to the corner of a work table or a piece of plywood clamped to a table and using a couple of those sliding bar clamps to hold the beads together. Then use spoons or large flat screwdrivers to remove / replace the tire.

I changed mine to 13" as there are a lot of radial options in that size and tire shops will swap them out. Tires23 did no issues not long ago. I didn't like scrapping rims every time either.

Princess Auto should have them.
Unfortunately I have to replace the tube in my Moms wheelbarrow tire tomorrow, ..again.....please send good vibes my way

Back
Top Bottom