Where to buy Simpson helmets? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to buy Simpson helmets?

Magnum P.I.

The time has come to transition into a new helmet and with a new ride this year, I was kind of looking for a helmet that comes from a proven brand but a little more unique. So now I have my sights set in a couple of Simpson helmets. I have found them on a few Canadian websites but since I have always worn Aria and Shoei, I would like to first and foremost try them on and if I could, support a local motorcycle business.

Does anyone know of a store that stock Simpson’s model range??!

They are stocked at Motocicletta in Burlington , couple models on the shelf. Go see Mike, he's a nice fella.

As mentioned, I would rather put the helmet on first so I can see if the fit matches my head shape and to decide whether I would be a Medium or Large.

Thank you for the tip about Motocicletta. I'm in Mississauga so Burlington would be a bad trip.

Thank you for the tip about Motocicletta. I'm in Mississauga so Burlington would be a bad trip.

I am in Brampton. Burlington is really a short trip down the road. How is it going to be when you are on the bike. Timmies? Lol.

I saw a Simpson helmet on the shelf at Policaro Harley a couple weeks ago. It was only the one so maybe a special order that someone didn’t pick up but I have to go there on Thursday or Friday so I’ll check if they have more or the size of the one if it’s still there.

town moto stocks them. i dont see any on their site right now though.

pfaff harley also supposedly stocks simpson helmets but i've never actually been there.

I've seen a few Harley locals sporting Simpson Bandit and similar style helmets. Looks a hell of a lot better than those turtle shells.

I was envisioning something like this.

Image result for bart simpson motorcycle helmet

If you're coming from Arai and Shoei, I think you'll disappointed. By comparison, Simpson is junk.

just wander over to Motocicletta , they have Simpson, Aria, Bell and AGV on the shelf, will tell you the pro's and con's and let you make an informed decision as well as get you a proper fit.
This service does not exist on the internet,

If you're coming from Arai and Shoei, I think you'll disappointed. By comparison, Simpson is junk.

I'm aware that pretty much nothing will compare to Arai and Shoei as far as quality but I wanted to try something new as I have been in Arai and then Shoei for the last 15 years.

My last 3 helmets have been Bell Stars. Easy to remove padding, visor system works well and large selection of tints. I have the photo-chromatic visor now, so no longer need to swap. Something else to consider.

Love my BELL simply for the transition visors....such an awesome feature I'm sure someone else has it now as well. Used to be only BELL IIRC.

I know nothing about Simpson as a brand so my contribution ends here!

My last 3 helmets have been Bell Stars. Easy to remove padding, visor system works well and large selection of tints. I have the photo-chromatic visor now, so no longer need to swap. Something else to consider.
Bell Star is an excellent helmet, especially with the transition visor. My only gripes are that it gets very noisy without ear plugs, and those tacky 'BELL' logos all around the helmet. Not one but three.

I know (ride vs pose), but I'm not getting paid to advertise their brand. Completely ruin the look of the graphic helmets. Regret not getting the matte black color instead.

Love my BELL simply for the transition visors....such an awesome feature I'm sure someone else has it now as well. Used to be only BELL IIRC.

I know nothing about Simpson as a brand so my contribution ends here!

just curious how long have those transition visors lasted? i hear theyre only good for a few seasons until they stop working?

just curious how long have those transition visors lasted? i hear theyre only good for a few seasons until they stop working?
One of them started to slow down on the transition after about 4 seasons. Still did it but slowly. And I just got a brand new one a year ago so it's working perfect.

I have the matte black Bell Star, so the Bell logo is more subdued, but almost every Arai and Shoei I’ve seen also have big giant logos on the side as well. Never really bothered me, especially since they are considered premium brands.

Be aware that the Simpson helmets are designed for use in auto racing. They are not designed for quiet or comfort in the wind on a motorcycle.
I'd expect that you know that if you've been wearing top quality Shoei and Arai for fifteen years a Simpson will be a step down.
Try a Schuberth if you want something different.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom