Where do you guys go for new tires? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do you guys go for new tires?

Looks like its time for new tires. Any suggestions for west GTA?

Do you guys buy them online and take them to Rosey Toes, if he's still there? Or do you buy them at the dealership and not them handle it?

I hate my life everytime I change my bicycle tire. I'm not inclined to do this one myself but youtube sure does make it look easy.

^^ that looks awesome.

I have bought tires from Adrian at Ace Moto in Milton and other shops as well as from Pete’s and Fortnine. Last tire I just bought was from Revco (Michelin Road 5 GT for $250 delivered). I get someone I trust to swap the rubber whom I know is a good person and won’t scratch my rims and I’ll do the rim removal and install at home.

If you cannot change them yourself, buy them from someone who can.
I get them from Royal Distributing or Pete's or whoever has the best price and change them myself.
Some shops play the liability card and won't touch them unless bought there.

Best price I found was at revco.ca (better than gp, petes, fortnine, royal etc for this tire), got it in about 3 business days.
I found it depends on the tire, no one site is generally that much better or worse than the other overall

Yes, you can.

I price Pete's every year, and every year GP Bikes offers a lower price and ships to my door for free.

Give 'em a try.
What is your secret? Who do you know.

Just spoke with GP and their price is higher then Pete's.
I asked about price matching to Pete's and they are hesitant and need bosses approvals AND they would add $20 flat on top of Pete's prices. Just because "how can he sell tires so cheap, that's barely above cost"

BTW.
Looking at shinkos 705 or Bridgestone AT41

Trying to use up a gift card to GP.

I've bought tires from fortnine, pete's superbike, and revco.

I always mount the front one myself. The rear one takes me like 5 hours so I've stopped mounting them myself and take it in to one of the local shops who will do it for $40-50.

I go to Ace Mototech in Milton. Discount on installation for tires purchased at the shop and further saving on taking the tires off the bike yourself. Also take advantage on manufacture rebates that are offered. I got Q3plus on the 600 but might switch to another brand just for a change.
BTW my experience with Ace has been great!

I've bought tires from fortnine, pete's superbike, and revco.

I always mount the front one myself. The rear one takes me like 5 hours so I've stopped mounting them myself and take it in to one of the local shops who will do it for $40-50.

You just use a static balance for the front tire or don't bother?

Tires can be balanced on the bike. This is the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_1922383.jpg
    IMG_20230419_1922383.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230419_1922326.jpg
    IMG_20230419_1922326.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Looks like its time for new tires. Any suggestions for west GTA?

Do you guys buy them online and take them to Rosey Toes, if he's still there? Or do you buy them at the dealership and not them handle it?

I hate my life everytime I change my bicycle tire. I'm not inclined to do this one myself but youtube sure does make it look easy.
Check Motorcycle Enhancements in Oakville, John usually has a good selection in stock. Good pricing and he installs

What is your secret? Who do you know.

Just spoke with GP and their price is higher then Pete's.
I asked about price matching to Pete's and they are hesitant and need bosses approvals AND they would add $20 flat on top of Pete's prices. Just because "how can he sell tires so cheap, that's barely above cost"

BTW.
Looking at shinkos 705 or Bridgestone AT41

Trying to use up a gift card to GP.
Try these guys if you're on the east end.

Back
Top Bottom