What's for dinner? | Page 82 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

angel hair pasta with Alfredo sauce, chicken and pesto

n9Uuy4xqdswMhVBgoWSUQPy8Fl12kobXgZl0tt8HYljetcnbpWpO9qbe4JvICYdd7fy_v2LOTtgxajWI1X6hjlnaUpuueYyn8MImp_KhdJkJf6Xn7l4gW9SbX0KGP0o7IPbMb07juJ3MlRguUg5ZAm0ayz9g1kkt1Rp7lF83bew6bpHGZTr9lUJ4l3o2rfkmw70PvUDRranyvYMCgd6ueLJCFVaExNrnhB-yAFTbildbwG5w_ibtyX6OUKgCX0oZDfLiWUNbvZeeL9CDitw3ee3zqc1ToplwCH0IZvZB_pnpdygPUAjj17bZGcTucJ30hklZ3IJFAgKxv2jowVOhGYlYQJEwghNT_4Z28zSiFiRNgiWcn42NPvJ6oppK_bZQVIyUchEddG0k7nl3vsixs6Nqo2IQBVMkwlZClphtclaC1DID32-lKyIxR2zcbazCfV7oXW3SiAy_AEP__D_uLaq628tuxI6sqwvLcHUzUa4uDqmsTdvM_gwjMg8BKqykBkf9AipY8KaX0GqAFVxDCbQIvVzMBPEdcnBQcl8Xne3kSk5FjuGnHYoRpnYwSbvzIC6EjEZWpRkun_cBkiTEjkbh_J7bX4azZtxYLcDqPIK0JbQNt4M1meTmlIwYDDvdqaayfpwiDtLeWDXtGY9Pf5x_wUypoFHjtbIAK7wgKreU1ETY80K3cDY=w493-h657-no

Roasted cauliflower with halumi cheese, tahini, roasted pine nuts and pomegranate

MDHqeyJd7Yr_kUUnsOfW_MpklPjoSes2QNXXtrFRN72APdkw3T5aDbRbBfOBPwcORLNHoOswV2OGo7gFOD7gvzQl-n9nIMws6KsgLB5VvNKjG8YXEAXF6BVhVG9_yMWW9J_abpPjbAJ3wvYPPnp6pvmqeUcZebwuYHArgY4mnciLPM_ZBesTtggOZqOeanqU2NdyOehFmNjguZ_UU9xspSBngoKbU3cgr63PYHqLJjGtuRIok3QMlZ6L-QrjNJJkZ-gzrC9TqRJGnAIfBI-6jXVvCmYyw5pc0-hmNmIvdgANv5mw2r5jklpQtD1Xbu-HvSakjKgJ90QSUPfTpSm5ZK0M1wLs7rOn9Y0yKXzZ7k6AxnmfTEyNS-ZBSLNTz8nMfiejdlvS0fgKO0-nBvZYhZjJ1RZqisyzpriXazowh-puNfv5CDqFKixABFHFIXtDxvfSNsPXsA8LAlg_fl0QvRXsw18MTEyAi7GyEyzS7ZN6r55kcbok38IgRlVOjJDkWJh1KZ2DpK4GuYeZAJC6FbqysOdEHgxlJCNpD_gXxzbwdSFlFPNEWlzu7eRjXxk8VBbDZo8MiMgDw-FKXqakLN00o50sHLl_npa_sR1v0olO1dY3Qo0xd5euIlAHur5H4ENnp-MklX9eOiaq__jwfJ5zPd4YF559dW3y8XQTdr9sK5StJuYu-Kw=w493-h657-no

I can't see the pictures again @mbroyda, but I know everything you post is awesome. I remember that cauliflower before from you and still want to try to make it myself (forgot). Thx for the reminder.

Here's another great meal, grilled Mediterranean Herb and Spice style marinated boneless skinless fresh Atlantic salmon fillet on a bed of live red/green lettuce and cream cheese. Highly recommended.

I picked up the marinated fillet at the local grocer, it was over three quarters of a pound, one inch thick and under $7
wink.gif
... a no-brainer buy for me. Grilled on the Weber Summit. I finished it perfectly (for me) with a nice outside sear on it and an excellent medium-rare finished center. Flaked on the plate to show the cook.

WP_20191207_21_25_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20191207_21_25_07_Pro%2B%25282%2529.jpg

WP_20191207_21_32_03_Pro%2B%25282%2529.jpg

One of the best cooks of salmon I've ever done. This meal was why I just posted yesterday about buying two more of these fresh Mediterranean style marinated ocean salmon fillets. On sale
smile.gif

Cheers and have a great weekend

Last edited:
Fwiw the pics from @mbroyda come thru fine for me @kwtoxman and you're right, they look fabulous!

I've never tried cream cheese with my salmon, I always use tzatziki.
Will try with it next time.
And $7 for that is an awesome deal!
I'm ecstatic when a piece 1/3 that size is on sale for $3.99

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ya @Joe Bass, I only pick up salmon on sale. That fillet unmarinated is often ~ $15. Premium food is great, but fresh ocean salmon is not cheap. I wait for the sales, the savings are substantial and sales are regular enough to get fillets year round. I like to shop mid-to-late mornings when store selection is best. Often only a few fillets are discounted. I'll be doing and posting some more cedar planked salmon before long. I really enjoy this meal when cooked excellently. It's a great time of year to find good food sales.

Instant Pot Trinidad Doubles (curried chick peas in bara, a type of flatbread). A favorite meal here I do from scratch. Even found on Wikipedia.

WP_20191128_17_20_13_Pro%2B%25282%2529.jpg

WP_20191127_17_34_46_Pro%2B%25282%2529.jpg

WP_20191126_12_16_47_Pro%2B%25282%2529.jpg

WP_20191126_18_17_51_Pro%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Cheers and have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Busy day in the kitchen.

Scratch made braised red cabbage and apple. Home made oat milk maple and date ice cream. Scratch made vegan tacos with cashew nacho cheese and home made guacamole.

The Vitamix has had a workout today. Also the kitchen aid ice cream maker.

Got to admit (as a meat eater) that with a little effort a vegan diet isn’t bland at all. All of this is actually very tasty indeed.

I've never tried cream cheese with my salmon,
Image result for smoked salmon and crackers

The herb and garlic cream cheese is excellent with smoked salmon and crackers. That's exactly what I had for supper.
One package of smoked salmon at Loblaws is $8 so good for 3 small meals. Salad on the side makes a full meal.

Partner buys fresh salmon...not my fav - rather have haddock or cod in frozen fillets - nice to see cod coming back

Image result for smoked salmon and crackers

The herb and garlic cream cheese is excellent with smoked salmon and crackers. That's exactly what I had for supper.
One package of smoked salmon at Loblaws is $8 so good for 3 small meals. Salad on the side makes a full meal.

Partner buys fresh salmon...not my fav - rather have haddock or cod in frozen fillets - nice to see cod coming back

I love smoked salmon but not as keen on the fillets. If I do buy salmon fillets, Costco always has the best prices on fresh (I don’t buy farmed).

I like seafood and usually get some crab around this time but the prices are nuts right now. Over $20 for a single small snow crab leg,
pretty sure I got some clusters for that a while back.

Given the amount of coastline we have , seafood is pretty expensive in Canada. Tonite will be the traditional Christmas Lasagne , nothing tradional about it , but it can go in the oven while we are out. 11 layers , veal and ground beef mix, red sauce from a jar. Simple as Christmas eve meals should be.
Happy eating everyone!

Xmas eve dinner is always the same here. 2" filets or New Yorkers (diner's choice), seared over charcoal, baked potatoes, sauteed green beans & almonds, and all the crappy we got as Christmas gifts. Desert is mom's apple betty with real home made vanilla ice cream.

Family tradition caps off the night. The gals sit around the dining room table sampling my best liqueurs, the boys head to the garage for fat stogies and fatter scotch.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

Pleasant surprise with the malpeque oysters this year, some giants in the box. Nice and sweet. Also have to be honest...if I hadn’t tried oysters when I was drunk at a wine fair in Paris I’m not sure I would have had them now. Definitely not one of those foods where looks draw you in.

Did you find that dry aged steak cooked super fast?? I was surprised at how quick they get done when we started trying them.
Looks very tasty

Holiday meal #1, I grilled a rotisserie turkey on the Weber Summit grill ?. Served with cranberry sauce, garden mashed potatoes and scratch-made gravy from the drippings, as well as scratch-made cast iron skillet stuffing ?. Big pictures and lots of detail.

WP_20191229_14_40_29_Pro%2B%25282%2529.jpg

WP_20191229_14_40_51_Pro%2B%25282%2529.jpg

WP_20191229_14_49_40_Pro%2B%25283%2529.jpg

The rotisserie on the Weber Summit grill has a ceramic infrared burner that helps give the turkey the perfect cook. The skin is cooked beautifully, in the way that a rotisserie excels at... and the meat is extremely tender and juicy, even the white breast meat. The cast-iron skillet stuffing cook uses a large heavy 13.5 inch cast iron skillet and the large side burner on the Weber Summit grill.

Hope you're all enjoying family and holiday foods ?. Cheers and happy holidays.

Last edited:
Christmas family meal #2 here. It was for a small group of immediate family Christmas day and I went with a non-traditional meal here for something different... a pork shoulder blade portion roast grilled on the Weber Summit ?. This cut of meat came from my local grocer fresh with a custom onion and pepper marinade. It was on sale 2.5 lbs for $5.30 ;)... a no-brainer buy (part of that earlier pre-Christmas grocery shopping post). Variety is great.

Most recipes for this cut of meat are pulled pork meals, but I found another direction/option and went for it... roast-style. A pork shoulder blade portion roast is essentially like a huge pork shoulder chop. If you like a roast, such as roast beef, then you'll likely enjoy a pork roast like this. The 2.5 lb pork shoulder blade portion roast came out excellent. Highly recommended. I included a salad and fresh garlic toasted bread as the sides, with a few small appetizers and a dessert. Big pictures and lots of resolution. ?
WP_20191225_12_58_04_Pro%2B%25285%2529.jpg

WP_20191225_13_01_55_Pro%2B%25284%2529.jpg

Here's the video guide that inspired me to cook/grill the pork roast. I did a reverse sear as mentioned in the video (though my cut was already marinated so I didn't do any seasoning from the video).

Cheers and have a great weekend.

Back
Top Bottom