What to do with an old helmet? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What to do with an old helmet?

Put it on a shelf to stare at during the winter or ask if anyone needs one for their spring weekend motorcycle course.

Anyone got a hydraulic press?

Or a tank?

Yep, a couple years ago i collected helmets from here to donate to the FD for training.
Only received like 2 if i remember correctly and they were older.

If they are newer style helmets, i could dig back into this and see if training wants them again or not. But with COVID they may be a little timid on accepting such things currently .. if there is a few people wanting to donate i could re open this up and investigate?

I have an old shoei rf1000 you can have if they need some.

Give it to one of those VR gaming geek guys so they can turn it into a VR helmet. Then if they get all dizzy and fall down they've got it covered.

Or don’t cut the strap and use them as hanging planters.
Oh, but someone could steal it and put it back into use if you don't cut the strap. Think of the children!

Ski Patrol have been teaching helmet removal as we are EMS on the hill. ABC`s and the possibility on vomiting.
Admittedly Ski Patrol are the exception to the rule as it is Advanced First Aid.
#1 priority After scene survey, Airway.
I used to teach helmet removal when I was teaching BTLS. (The name has changed to International Trauma Life Support)At Toronto Ambulance HQ. Eastern Avenue.
Which is open to Advanced First Aiders. Fire Fighters.
Not required as you say, for the layperson.
Required for HCP. (Health Care Provider)

P.S. You did a fantastic job when you moved my Girlfriends bike. A few years ago. Highly recommended.

Thanks .. but after almost 15 years into moving bikes around, faces and names become a blur to me.

Cheers.

Thanks .. but after almost 15 years into moving bikes around, faces and names become a blur to me.

Cheers.
I totally understand. That is exactly what happens when my face is posted. Blurred out. Lol. Sorry , couldn`t resist.
Happy that business is good. So many happy customers. Keep up the good work.

Bought the display case from IKEA a few years ago.These are all retired ones, I should get another case for current lids.

0eecbd242efe6183ee4c4cb6e7c50d05.jpg

Yep, a couple years ago i collected helmets from here to donate to the FD for training.
Only received like 2 if i remember correctly and they were older.

If they are newer style helmets, i could dig back into this and see if training wants them again or not. But with COVID they may be a little timid on accepting such things currently .. if there is a few people wanting to donate i could re open this up and investigate?
I have 2 helmets that I will be happy to donate. They are not new but one is recent and another one 4-5 years old. If you will want to do this then I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom