What to do with an old helmet? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What to do with an old helmet?

Huh, TIL. I didn't know you should replace the helmet after 5 years. Any particular reasoning behind this?!

Huh, TIL. I didn't know you should replace the helmet after 5 years. Any particular reasoning behind this?!
Foam gets old and hard and is less able to absorb energy. Still much better than nothing but less good than new. I normally replace my main helmet every five years and it often then assumes pillion duty for another five years, then the bin. It is only being used a few times a year so I am ok with that approach. Others may choose a more conservative approach.

Last edited:
Foam gets old and hard and is less able to absorb energy. Still much better than nothing but less good than new. I normally replace my main helmet every five years and it often then assumes pillion duty for another five years, then the bin. It is only being used a few times a year so I am ok with that approach. Others may choose a more conservative approach.
i 'replace' my helmet every time a new graphic catches my eye. i see these youtube stars with helmet display cases/racks, i think i'm going to need one soon...

He lets are a bit like tires.
Consumables.

After 5 seasons your helmet probably has enough dings and scuffs on it to warrant a replacement.
Go ahead... You deserve it.
New helmets give you the same rush as that 'new car smell.

Hah. I wish, I been researching a new helmet for almost a year now and haven’t pulled the trigger. Why are all the nice ones so damn expensive!

any of you guys used a VOSS? They look great, ece rated, but I don’t see any of the “big guys” like Fortnine of revzilla reviewing them?!

How about Nolan helmets. Kinda, sorta, maybe has same styling of the VOSS.
FYI if your interested in ordering from Chromeburner (based in the Neatherlands) be sure to read up on their shipping & return policy and VAT

How about Nolan helmets. Kinda, sorta, maybe has same styling of the VOSS.
FYI if your interested in ordering from Chromeburner (based in the Neatherlands) be sure to read up on their shipping & return policy and VAT
I ordered a helmet from Chromeburner and they put "Motorcycle safety equipment" on the box and I paid no duty. The are good to deal with. But how do you know what size to get? I would have been pooched if it didn't fit.

Back
Top Bottom