What should I be aware of for my first track day.. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What should I be aware of for my first track day..

I can't seem to find any info on my question so I hope someone can help me.

Can you run a naked bike on the track?

I have a bike that I lowsided so the plastics are trash. But the bike is still in excellent condition and I'm thinking of turning it into a track bike since I bought a replacement street bike.

However, I don't want to buy race plastics so I'm wondering if I could just run it naked on the track?

However, I don't want to buy race plastics so I'm wondering if I could just run it naked on the track?

Generally, yes. For a track day. However..bikes without fairings that usually have fairings sometimes tend to barrel-roll when crashed.. :lol: They kinda dig into the pavement.. I'd do some hack repairs, make whatever fairings you have safe and leave them on. Some racing categories require that you have a belly-pan to catch oil if you blow an engine. In that case you'll have to do something about it.

you can run a bike naked at a track day

I can't seem to find any info on my question so I hope someone can help me.

Can you run a naked bike on the track?

I have a bike that I lowsided so the plastics are trash. But the bike is still in excellent condition and I'm thinking of turning it into a track bike since I bought a replacement street bike.

Be aware that TMP has an introduction to track school running and it's a great way to get into riding on the track.
Low pressure environment, great instructors, 3-1 student to instructor ratio.

Read up on the comment from students in other threads

Donald

Be aware that TMP has an introduction to track school running and it's a great way to get into riding on the track.
Low pressure environment, great instructors, 3-1 student to instructor ratio.

Read up on the comment from students in other threads

Donald

Donald....will this be happening again in 2010? When can we expect the new schedule?

ok first track experience is april18 with racer5 and want to know things to bring with me to track.
I have a friend coming, bring extra safety wire,4 litre of oil, extra can of gas, change of clothes, lunch, water, diet pop(diabetic) lifesavers in case of low blood sugar, full leathers, sidi boots, racing gloves, bohn back protector kevlar, padded armoured shorts, approved helmet( has skull skin on it does that matter have clear and cover tinted visors)tire air gauge.

Am i missing anything? thanks

ok first track experience is april18 with racer5 and want to know things to bring with me to track.
I have a friend coming, bring extra safety wire,4 litre of oil, extra can of gas, change of clothes, lunch, water, diet pop(diabetic) lifesavers in case of low blood sugar, full leathers, sidi boots, racing gloves, bohn back protector kevlar, padded armoured shorts, approved helmet( has skull skin on it does that matter have clear and cover tinted visors)tire air gauge.

Am i missing anything? thanks

I'd bring a bike with me, if I were you. You'll have tons more fun.

Joking aside a couple of camp chairs and an umbrella or pop up for shade if you have one. Any basic 'specific to your bike' tools you may need.

for creature comforts a chair and and a canopy if you have one - tracks have little shade and you need a place to sit

EDIT - ummm, i type slow

Last edited:
Not sure if I missed it in another post but should I remove frame sliders or keep them on? I've heard frame sliders make the bike tumble in the dirt. I'm also planning on buying track fairings.. even though my street fairings are already crap.

i don't think anyone makes race fairings for a cbr f1. what can use to catch oil if it blows?

i don't think anyone makes race fairings for a cbr f1. what can use to catch oil if it blows?

race fairings are not mandatory if you're just doing trackdays, but it is good insurance to have a fluid holding belly pan.

check airtech-streamlining. they make lots of weird stuff for older bikes. they might have a set for you. i've played with their stuff before, its kinda thick but it fits pretty well. if you can't find race bodywork for your bike and still want something to catch fluid, get a tin turkey roasting pan from canadian tire or whatever and see if you can secure it under the oil pan (yes, i'm serious ;) )

hey what happens when you need to refuel, is there fuel on site at the track?

ideally you'd bring an extra gas can to the track. when your fuel gets low just top it up from the gas can. that being said, if you're riding at a beginner pace and are not wide-open-throttle everywhere you should be able to do most of a day on one tank of gas. at trackdays i'll usually start with my tank full, and i can still do 4-5 sessions before the fuel light comes on. sometimes there is fuel available at the track, but it's not something i would count on.

I can add to the fuel part. Being a beginner you almost won't come close to running out of fuel if you go topped up. My light came on on my second last session. I probably could have lasted the last session but I did bring fuel with me so I topped it up completely. This was mainly to feel the difference of weight on the track.

If you want to be safe, bring a 10 litre jug with ya.

I can add to the fuel part. Being a beginner you almost won't come close to running out of fuel if you go topped up. My light came on on my second last session. I probably could have lasted the last session but I did bring fuel with me so I topped it up completely. This was mainly to feel the difference of weight on the track.

If you want to be safe, bring a 10 litre jug with ya.

This is bad advice. BRING FUEL.

This is bad advice. BRING FUEL.

Agreed my very first trackday I used 30L of fuel, you never know you might get lucky and have an open trackday where you get way more tracktime then you can use. I'd say bring a full tank plus 15L.

do you guys ride to the track or use trailer, can trailers be rented for this kind of thing, I'd rather prep my bike and not have to ride it to the track seeing as how it will have fresh oil and chain lube.

Back
Top Bottom