What say you ? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What say you ?

Wish they would get rid of the countdown timers on pedestrian lights. Far too many people just think it’s a race and start crossing 4 lane roads with 2 seconds left. Actually saw a traffic cop calling out people yesterday at Front + Bay which was refreshing to see. Creates so much traffic problems as only one car can end make a left/right turn per light cycle and half the time they get stuck, ruining the advanced light for the other direction.

Wish they would get rid of the countdown timers on pedestrian lights. Far too many people just think it’s a race and start crossing 4 lane roads with 2 seconds left. Actually saw a traffic cop calling out people yesterday at Front + Bay which was refreshing to see. Creates so much traffic problems as only one car can end make a left/right turn per light cycle and half the time they get stuck, ruining the advanced light for the other direction.
I actually thought they make the intersections safer, just like those illuminated signs that tell you the light is going to change to red. Learn something every day, didn't know people could abuse it.

In the end all road users think they're right and that the other type of road user is wrong.

It's always gonna be a us vs them.

Whether it be, cars, taxi/ubers, cyclists, ebikes, motorcyclists, pedestrians and landing soon in toronto, e-scooter riders.

As a society and as humans we suck overall at wanting what's best for everyone.

I actually thought they make the intersections safer, just like those illuminated signs that tell you the light is going to change to red. Learn something every day, didn't know people could abuse it.
I've seen a few people stop at a green light because of the countdown timers. Some engineer somewhere thought it was a good idea to have them go off at random times, and then change back to green. The plan was to try and get people to slow down at intersections, it's actually made things worse, because 80% of people speed up, and 20% slow down, making a greater discrepency in traffic speed at close quarters.

Back
Top Bottom