What is up with people? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is up with people?

Yeah, I hate free money too, but I don't see any other solution if entry level jobs will be gone (and that's a big if).
I dont think it'll just be entry level jobs, the retail industry is already dead thanks to amazon, yang said truck drivers will be next.

Automation tax. If you have replaced a worker with a robot - you pay a tax.

LOL that won't work

Yeah, I hate free money too, but I don't see any other solution if entry level jobs will be gone (and that's a big if).

Not just entry-level folks, automation is already booting professionals out of their jobs... FOR example the insurance industry ...

I dont think it'll just be entry level jobs, the retail industry is already dead thanks to amazon, yang said truck drivers will be next.
Well, maybe I should call them not entry level jobs, but not requiring a lot of... mental activity?

Fine, then people will keep their jobs. Cancel UI.
Or they will still be canned and the robots will not be in Canada. Make it cheaper to import than do it here and guess what happens. I have seen many businesses driven out of the Province by the gov't trying to "protect" us and making it not cost-effective to continue to operate in this jurisdiction.

Or they will still be canned and the robots will not be in Canada. Make it cheaper to import than do it here and guess what happens. I have seen many businesses driven out of the Province by the gov't trying to "protect" us and making it not cost-effective to continue to operate in this jurisdiction.
That's a good point. Back to a drawing board.

Well, maybe I should call them not entry level jobs, but not requiring a lot of... mental activity?
This is how capitalism reaches its peak, employers wont have to pay anyone, so if we follow that logic, every job is up for automation

I suspect amazon will expand AWS to include robots and ship them out to employers

This is how capitalism reaches its peak, employers wont have to pay anyone, so if we follow that logic, every job is up for automation

I suspect amazon will expand AWS to include robots and ship them out to employers
Capitalism needs consumers.

The machines will find a use for us:
the_matrix_human_batteries.jpg

On the flip side, lots of high income people spend a crap-ton of money on junk which they then abandon and buy more junk. At the bottom end, food and housing uses up all your money. It would be interesting to see how much consumerism depends on the group just above surviving.

Automation is an interesting topic. I feel it is like the chicken or the egg debate.

Was automation a concept to replace good employees with "robots" or to stop the misery of the lack of good employees?

Automation is an interesting topic. I feel it is like the chicken or the egg debate.

Was automation a concept to replace good employees with "robots" or to stop the misery of the lack of good employees?

neither, its the ultimate cost cutting measure

All that said, we pay starting at $18/hr for a job that requires no education, background or experience.

I think we need to stop assuming that some jobs, many jobs even though they require no "education" or experience don't deserve higher pay.
The question should be "how bad does the work need to get done?"

I think we need to stop assuming that some jobs, many jobs even though they require no "education" or experience don't deserve higher pay.
The question should be "how bad does the work need to get done?"

I seen many debates on the actual costs of minimum wage.

I believe we should let the market determine wages and right now our government won't. For example, because there is such a labour shortage in Canada and that pushes wages up, we flood the country with refugees and immigrants to artificially force wages down. The result is high rents, people living 20 to a house, and employers who continue their bad behaviour.

No more free government training. You want employees who can do the job? Train them yourself. Trucking companies are the worst offenders, getting immigrant labour that is poorly trained and wage-exploited.

I look at some of the jobs, what they pay and what it costs to live and I can see the crisis coming. People will be living in shanty-towns before you know it. If we let the market determine wages without taking measures to force wages down things will change IMO.

Back
Top Bottom