WHAT IS HIGH KM FOR A 600cc bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

WHAT IS HIGH KM FOR A 600cc bike

cbr600_brandon

hey guys what is high km on a 600cc sport bike I have a 2002 CBR 600 F4I with 36,000km and how long do you thing it could go for with out major problems and when do stuff tend to go I already know about the valve adjustment at 43,000km but my shop says if it runs fine don't do a valve adjustment till 60,000km

any way I see all these bike online like a 2004 r6 with 47,000 km for $ 5500 and to me that bike is already almost outta life even though its mint shape you think in another 15,000km that bikes at 62,000km like LOL that's a lot any way what is your thoughts

I have heard though bikes get wrecked even before they see higher miles

CHECK MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL MOTOVLOGGING THIS YEAR and much more https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBSk0jUEpUXYOYph3sLHOqw

Last edited:
hey guys what is high km on a 600cc sport bike I have a 2002 CBR 600 F4I with 36,000km and how long do you thing it could go for with out major problems and when do stuff tend to go I already know about the valve adjustment at 43,000km but my shop says if it runs fine don't do a valve adjustment till 60,000km

any way I see all these bike online like a 2004 r6 with 47,000 km for $ 5500 and to me that bike is already almost outta life even though its mint shape you think in another 15,000km that bikes at 62,000km like LOL that's a lot any way what is your thoughts

I have heard though bikes get wrecked even before they see higher miles

CHECK MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL MOTOVLOGGING THIS YEAR and much more https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBSk0jUEpUXYOYph3sLHOqw

Don't worry about kms worry about maintence.

I would rather buy a bike with 50,000kms with a great maintence history vs a bike with 18,000kms that has been thrashed

It depends way more on how the bike has been maintained. Id take a bike with high kms that has been well maintained with all it service records over a low km bike that looks mistreated.

So there probably isnt any real answer to this. Depends on alot of other factors. Kms is just a number really.

As for the valve adjustment, I don't think they are ever necessary personally.

EDIT: Wow LWT you beat me too it. Cant believe we said pretty much the same thing lol

Depends on alot of other factors. Kms is just a number really

Kms is just a number like age is just a number amirite. Unless you're getting a liver transplant from a 75 year old good old boy. Then it's a very real number. 10k kms is getting into high mileage territory.

It depends on how far the nearest Tim Horton's is from your house?

Kms is just a number like age is just a number amirite. Unless you're getting a liver transplant from a 75 year old good old boy. Then it's a very real number. 10k kms is getting into high mileage territory.

I like to think of 10k as the marker where the bike is no longer new. Under 10k is basically a new bike in my eyes. To me high mileage is probably 40k+. But im not a mechanic.

What I want to know is who are these people that can buy a bike new and then sell it with under 10k kms?!?
When I see a 5 year old bike for sale with under 10k on it I just assume that something must have gone horribly wrong in that persons life :p

I like to think of 10k as the marker where the bike is no longer new. Under 10k is basically a new bike in my eyes. To me high mileage is probably 40k+. But im not a mechanic.

What I want to know is who are these people that can buy a bike new and then sell it with under 10k kms?!?
When I see a 5 year old bike for sale with under 10k on it I just assume that something must have gone horribly wrong in that persons life :p

Talk about going horribly wrong, that 10k kms was a misprint. I meant 100k kms. Ah, it's just number anyway.

Talk about going horribly wrong, that 10k kms was a misprint. I meant 100k kms. Ah, it's just number anyway.

Haha I thought so! I was going to say something but then I thought, no...this guy has 9000 posts and im new to the forum, best not to butt heads just yet haha

I was trying to be polite :p

Haha I thought so! I was going to say something but then I thought, no...this guy has 9000 posts and im new to the forum, best not to butt heads just yet haha

Never equate post count with knowledge
But also keep in mind that #inrebrules

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

just ride it and do the maintenance, after all it's your dads bike right lol

Last edited:
any way I see all these bike online like a 2004 r6 with 47,000 km for $ 5500 and to me that bike is already almost outta life even though its mint shape you think in another 15,000km that bikes at 62,000km like LOL that's a lot any way what is your thought
My 1000 has 38k on it and it runs better and stronger than it did when it left the showroom floor. It's for sale and comes with a binder of all the maintenance records. In contrast I've seen plenty of bikes with 10k on them thrashed and horrible running shape but kiddies buy those thinking they're the better bike.

Thanx, I appreciate that. **** *** *****? ***** *** *******!

Last edited:
It depends way more on how the bike has been maintained. Id take a bike with high kms that has been well maintained with all it service records over a low km bike that looks mistreated.

So there probably isnt any real answer to this. Depends on alot of other factors. Kms is just a number really.

As for the valve adjustment, I don't think they are ever necessary personally.

EDIT: Wow LWT you beat me too it. Cant believe we said pretty much the same thing lol

wtf?? Its truly best you keep dumb opinions to yourself rather than potentially confusing innocent naive noobs. When my bike was due for an adjustment it was acting as if the carbs or fuel lines were clogged or something. It had a rough idle, seemed like it would never warm up and just plain ran like ****. How the hell can you go out and make stupid statements like that having no experience??

Last edited:
wtf?? Its truly best you keep dumb opinions to yourself rather than potentially confusing innocent naive noobs. When my bike was due for an adjustment it was acting as if the carbs or fuel lines were clogged or something. It had a rough idle, seemed like it would never warm up and just plain ran like ****. How the hell can you go out and make stupid statements like that having no experience??
+1. The wifes ninja 250 wouldn't start, wouldn't idle never warmed up properly. Check and adjust the valves, it runs sweeter than ever. My 07 drz400 was warming up on choke one day, it stalled and wouldn't start again. Period. Turns out the exhaust valves were way too tight. Re shimmed them and it started first try.
Valve service unnecessary? Pffft!
Oh, and if Lone Ronin can put 100k km on his ninja 250 from new, a 600 with care can go many more.
I have personally ridden a cbr900rr that had nearly 200k on it. It ran great.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Valve adjustment intervals seem to be a best engineering guess. Many engines show within spec at prescribed inspection periods. I wouldn't bank on it tho.

To give an actual answer to the original question, I would go with 100,000 would be high mileage for a sport bike.

To give an actual answer to the original question, I would go with 100,000 would be high mileage for a sport bike.

:thumbup: There might be an infinite number of correct answers but the wrong answer would be more useful.

My FJ, at around 40k kms, probably never had a single valve clearance check. Exhaust valves were still within spec but all the intakes were so tight that they had massive negative clearance. Calculating clearance from zero every time, I had to re-shim them with thinner shims 3 times to get proper clearance.

The bike would not start in cold weather, like at all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom