What Have You Done To Your Bike Lately? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What Have You Done To Your Bike Lately?

Sinz

This is a thread to where you can tell your updates, add ons, custom touches or whatever you have upgraded on your bike...pics are welcomed to show your progress!

I will start...

Today I was up at GP Bikes getting the 12K service done & adding some more new goodies over this winter...well now my bike is apart & did the 12K service, valves needed to be adjusted a tad but everything is perfect, getting the pipes re-polished, adding some Samco hoses, sending my Headlight to California to get the LED's replaced due to them burning out, getting new wave rotors by Galfer or Braking & adding some lightweight red anodized cam rollers...I think that's about it for this winters project!

Here is the bike from today!
3yraze9e.jpg

jysehere.jpg

When I picked her up in April with 23,374 km's

She came with the micron slip on, pazzo shorty's, flush mounts, fender eliminator & tail light with integrated turn signals.

This is most recent shot of her, now with 36,600 something lol

So far I've bought & installed a ZG DB clear windscreen, GPR V1 Damper, RSC ez pull stunt clutch, Renthal kevlar grips, puig bar ends, stomp grips, seat cowl, woodcraft rear sets, 09-12 M4 GP slip on, Rizoma Zero 11 turn signals, 2013 636 master cylinder, zx14r Nissin calipers, goodrige front / rear SS lines, tinted one headlight yellow, removed the secondary butterflies (kleen air mod), K&N air filter, power commander 3 + a home made quick shifter, painted the sliders with blaze yellow, & rim tape so it can keep up with the litre bikes. Oh and all the regular maintenance of course.

This winter I'll be doing the 05/06 zx6r swing arm swap with a 09 zx6r rear shock, 05/06 front/rear rims, 05-12 front forks w/ 05-12 rotors & powder coating the frame & wheels, still haven't decided on colors yet. I'm debating on tracking this next year... & want to go back to a supermoto cause 2up is more comfy on a motard than a supersport.

Last edited:
I've gone and ridden really fast.

I left it parked out back with no cover for like a month. Oops.

Considering trying to get it into my 2nd floor apartment for the winter to do some maintenance indoors/out on the balcony (if I need to start it). Sure it's only ~300 lbs wet but there's a bend at the top of the stairs. Probably wouldn't go over well.

Same here.
me too.
Oh wait. Yesterday I took the seat off before I set off for home. I was checking the fuse for the air horn, which suddenly stopped working. Then this morning I did the same with some light, and checked to make sure the relay was working. It is. So the problem is down at the horn which means taking off a side panel this weekend.
I also plan on adding a relay to the heated grips. The controller (Heaterz) is supposed to shut them off if the voltage dips, but if I forget to turn them off, they will kill the battery. I'm going to add a relay that's controlled by the lighting circuit so they will only run with the ignition on....but that's a weekend project, not a winter project. Bike has to be ready to go again Monday morning!

I filled the gas tank on Tuesday! Only a few more weeks of riding remain!

I also plan on adding a relay to the heated grips. The controller (Heaterz) is supposed to shut them off if the voltage dips, but if I forget to turn them off, they will kill the battery. I'm going to add a relay that's controlled by the lighting circuit so they will only run with the ignition on....

Yep, that's the only way to do it. Wiring directly to the battery is just asking for trouble.

Took all my plastics to get sanded down & re cleared to give it more depth & shine, also putting on new decals throughout!

qa3ejazy.jpg

ru5etyme.jpg

e7ynejab.jpg

y4a8anad.jpg

a8y9ynuz.jpg

vugequ6e.jpg

^ Why don't you just start a build/upgrades thread and log all your info there?

Oh my another.... "Look at my bike and all the money I blew to pose thread" If most peeps could actually ride their dressed up beauties like they're really meant to be. Or maybe the excuse "I want to keep my license spiel" comes to mind. LOL

To be fair and actually contribute to this thread I put gas and stabilizer in... tucked her in the corner of the garage and am ready to rip come summer. With my piece of junk I compete, I don't need any bells and whistles just two wheels and windy road and have at her.

Talk about hate
And now that you got ur bike put away i still ride mine
Heated grips come in real handy this time of season

Since when do we list what cages we drive? Isn't this a motorcycle forum?
Perhaps we should also list spoons we collect from travels in our signatures.

I'd be interested in seeing what spoons people collect.

I did the major build on it last year...this year I am just adding a few new goodies lol!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom