What happened to all the good jackets? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What happened to all the good jackets?

Holmes

Is it just me or does the selection of leather jackets this year suck balls?!?! With Shift closing and Scorpion being half retarded with their designs it leaves those of us who aren't fat ***** or the hulk to A*s. All the A* stuff is too racer boy for me... except the all black stunt jacket, but they discontinued that! I'm about to say **** it and join the squids in their T-shirt and short freedom!

anyways if anyone has a Scorpion Stinger in medium Ill take it off your hands, plus you'll keep my brain from imploding :mad:

I'm pretty much a A* fanboy, but what about Dainese or RS Taichi? I think they both offer some styles that might be less PowerRanger.

I like Rev'it stuff...

I'm pretty much a A* fanboy, but what about Dainese or RS Taichi? I think they both offer some styles that might be less PowerRanger.

Dainese is a little costly (and I think they are hideous), I'm getting into stunting so I want something I don't mind banging up.. I'll take a look at RS Taichi and Rev'it.

I'm blaming this on the economy!

I'm blaming this on the economy!

You shouldn't. There are plenty of options. Check out Revzilla's jacket guide for this summer, there's some awesome looking stuff in there. Rev'it and Dainese are pricey because they're good quality. I haven't had any issues with their stuff in the past.

Also if you're looking for something to bang up then consider buying used directly from the various stunter forums.

I was thinking the same thing...and guys have it easier. The stuff for female riders has really gone down hill.

I'm always disappointed by the number of jackets available in only black, or otherwise terrible colour-ways. Also disappointed in the lack of zippered vents available on leather jackets today.

I prefer a mix of colours (preferably blue/white/grey/black) to increase visibility, w/o having to resort to a "high-vis" type of jacket. My JR leather jacket is also surprisingly comfortable in a wide range of temperatures, largely due to the 6 zippered vents... its not rocket science, yet...

go with the jean jacket with black leather vest look. You can earn patches to add to it if you want. Kind of reminds me of being in cubs/scouts when I was a kid.

go with the jean jacket with black leather vest look. You can earn patches to add to it if you want. Kind of reminds me of being in cubs/scouts when I was a kid.

What kind of patches do you earn?.. something like "100 decibel patch" for reving the bike unnecessarily while stopped at the lights, or the "cigarette patch" for smoking and riding?, or the "SOA" patch for wearing a Sons of Anarchy hoodie. (patch with bonus red trim if you rock a goatee too) , or perhaps the "Pirate" patch for having a Bandana and leather vest?.

As time goes by you can earn all the other patches, such as "cruising at 10 under the speed limit in the left lane with your bad-*** buds", "ride on the slab", "tow a hoe" all while trying to earn the elusive mega patch - "Pose at Timmies" to complete the set.

lol ;)

Every jacket that I like is on "backorder" which in the bike world means "gone forever... now pick one of the fugly jackets!!!"

Just happened again with the SS under the radar jacket. fuuuuuuck

RS taichi and Rev'it, not really feeling the steez

Next time I need a Jacket I will be looking at Rukka, Klim or BMW again. I have had cheaper brands in the past, Tourmaster, JR and some others I cant remember the names of and they do not even come close to the quality in the higher jackets, from materials, zippers, pockets and armor.

I'm curious as to why A*'s doesn't release their Repsol jacket that the guys they sponsor in motogp wear! I want that jacket sooooo badly!

Is it just me or does the selection of leather jackets this year suck balls?!?! With Shift closing and Scorpion being half retarded with their designs it leaves those of us who aren't fat ***** or the hulk to A*s. All the A* stuff is too racer boy for me... except the all black stunt jacket, but they discontinued that! I'm about to say **** it and join the squids in their T-shirt and short freedom!

anyways if anyone has a Scorpion Stinger in medium Ill take it off your hands, plus you'll keep my brain from imploding :mad:

I agree.

And any half decent used jackets are like sized 30 US .. WTF?

BTW. Looking for a nice leather jacket sized 44 or 46 .. depending on make.

RS_Taichi_RSJ826_jacket_detail_2_600.jpg

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7698

how is this not every bit as nice as the scorpion stinger jacket? Comes with full Knoxx race grade armor, including slip in back protector, stretch panels everywhere, pockets in the front. No more whining, mmmmk?!

Comes with a wind blocking inner liner that i was quite comfortable down to about 15C - rideable down to 10, can always toss a sweater over the jacket.

Last edited:
I bought this over the winter online, has a liner + jacket, doesnt fit me right so I'm selling it for $130. Literally like new, used for 2 months. Size: Small, located in Scarborough

image_47333.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, you like Shift and Scorpion stuff... and you're complaining about there not being any nice jackets to buy? LOL really

Most motorcycle gear looks like friggin snowmobile stuff from the 90s these days... dumb colours and random designs etc.

I only buy Dainese.. most of their stuff looks plain and understated. I guess the market demands flashy and loud?

Back
Top Bottom