what do you wear in summer? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

what do you wear in summer?

I have a really nice JoeRocket jacket. It did save me once and I'm glad I was wearing it at the time. I do find myself on a really hot day wearing a hoody and one of those icon squid vests. Really comfy but if anything it won't protect my arms.

If you ride in full gear, a moisture wicking base layer (no cotton) and an evaporative vest will keep you cool unless you're stopped dead in traffic. If you have perforated gear, the evap vest probably won't work as well (it will dry out too fast). My two cents.

Yep, what he said. ^^^ Avoid cotton base layers.

If you wear a Buff around your neck, soaking in cold water provides temporary relief.

Yep, what he said. ^^^ Avoid cotton base layers.

If you wear a Buff around your neck, soaking in cold water provides temporary relief.

Yep. I wear an Under Armor moisture wicking shirt under my perforated jacket. Pour some water on the shirt and even on 30°+ days I'm actually cold when riding at speed, haha. Too bad I don't have perforated pants.

The only problem with synthetic materials is that they smell more.

Yep. I wear an Under Armor moisture wicking shirt under my perforated jacket. Pour some water on the shirt and even on 30°+ days I'm actually cold when riding at speed, haha. Too bad I don't have perforated pants.

That's the problem and turns me off from wearing them. I end up smelling whereever I go :(

That's the problem and turns me off from wearing them. I end up smelling whereever I go :(

You guys should try showering on a regular basis

lol

I have the VnM Sport Gear base layer for summer and Paragone (I think... I always mess up the name) base layer for winter. I've worn them a full week without washing and they don't smell much.

I shower twice a day, everyday. The problem is the synthetic materials hold on to bacteria/smell from every single use. So unless you plan to wash these shirts after every ride ...

I shower twice a day, everyday. The problem is the synthetic materials hold on to bacteria/smell from every single use. So unless you plan to wash these shirts after every ride ...

I do. Same as going to the gym. Sucks because I never stick them in the dryer and air drying takes too long.

I squid it around town but I usually wear a textile jacket or leathers!

I do. Same as going to the gym. Sucks because I never stick them in the dryer and air drying takes too long.

Under Armour air dries super fast right out of the washer. It usually takes no more than 45 minutes. A lot of it is also made with anti-microbial technology so I don't what the guys who are complaining about the smell are using...

I do wash mine after every ride; that'd be gross to not do that. When riding through hot and humid southern states and sweating all day the synthetic would always smell a bit but cotton shirts wouldn't.

I ride a GSX-R so naturally I ride squid in the summer...

Just did this for a quick trip to get chain lube (3 km round trip) I can see the attraction but because it's not the city here and we have a ton of gravel trucks I couldn't get used to that.

Just did this for a quick trip to get chain lube (3 km round trip) I can see the attraction but because it's not the city here and we have a ton of gravel trucks I couldn't get used to that.

you dont deserve the GSX-R then

I was only (kind of) kidding.
I wear my gear mostly to keep me warm or when it's not retarded hot out.
Early morning or late evening rides for example.

When I leave for a noon-ish (rare) ride, I usually ride squid, with the exception of shorty gloves/Puma flat2 v2 boots.

Back
Top Bottom