what do you wear in summer? | GTAMotorcycle.com

what do you wear in summer?

frugalman

what do you wear in summer to keep cool (while riding)?

Today's weather wasn't even hot, but i felt like i was wearing too much.
i was just wearing a normal leather jacket.
With the helmet, i felt hot.

All the gear, all the time. Or at least on the days when you plan to crash. Leather tends to lose its protective qualities sitting at home in the closet while you're asphalt surfing down the highway. Been in 2 crashes, both unplanned, trashed my gear but still have all my skin. Just sayin'.

Enough is enough. This will be my first summer with a proper "air" jacket. Just picked up Alpinestars Verona Air. Did a back to back comparison. Around the block in my Alpinestars Verona WaterProof (liner out). Toasty. Then I switch to the Verona Air. Huge difference in ventilation. Could not have ridden comfortably with it today. Too cold.

Avoid parades and parking lots. Avoid wearing black. I've got perforated leather and an armor textile that is well vented. But, they are very much one dimensional. Not all the great if caught in the rain etc. And it just so happens, all my gear is black. lol

Today was my first ride with my new Teknic perforated leather jacket, it was definitely a great investment, kept me cool all day. I also wear full cuff gloves and boots.

Textile jacket with plenty of vents with CE armor on shoulders and elbows. Mesh gloves with carbon knuckles. Vented boots. Jeans. I hate the heat. If it gets extremely hot I drop the jacket.

Sometimes I squid, sometimes I don't.....depends on the occasion.

Full gear. It sucks but me and the road have a very close relationship and I intend in keeping the rest of my skin (yes the road has taken some from me). I don't hate on squids, scars make good stories, but I don't need anymore of those. :)

Helmet, jacket, gloves, kevlar jeans. Once 2 seasons ago I had a 2up on my old ch125, in 30c weather. Got so hot even with my jacket and visor wide open that I had to filter. There was no where to pull over (this was on lakeshore, way west of L&L)

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

Mesh jacket and well ventilated gloves. Works fine on all but the hottest days.

Dainese Shotgun Textile jacket (extremely vented.. feels like I'm not wearing a jacket but has all the padding), Alpinestars SP-8 gloves, Shoei RF-1100 Hadron helmet.

Bell Mag8 open face helmet, mesh Joe Rocket, mesh gloves with armor knuckles, moto knee protectors under light riding pants.

or less.
Gets really hot the jacket goes

Hydration is your biggest issue with heat. Suck it up.

perf leather jacket for sure. keeps u cool. actually i have a quality dainese one for sale for cheap. check my thread lol

http://www.bikerleathers.ca/vol-8-m...-reflective-piping-fim-235-cfdz/#.UZolHbXYeSo

This is my riding jacket, has two vents in the front, on big one on the back, removable liner, and vents can be closed. it keeps me comfortable even in stop and go. I always wear, leather jacket, gloves, and helmet in city distinations, all gear including leather pants for rides. All gear all the time when i am going on roads with posted speeds of 80+.

Back
Top Bottom