What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 139 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Replaced the throttle body on the little Jeep tonite. The servo started acting up, finally quit on Saturday.

First repair in 6 years/183k km, been a good little vehicle.

Cutting up old tires is a miserable experience. If I had to do it again, I would use an angle grinder and decent mask. The rubber isn't so bad but the steel belts make the job hard.
I may have dodged a bullet there! Sometimes I find paying the little extra might be worth the less efforts and headaches.

I may have dodged a bullet there! Sometimes I find paying the little extra might be worth the less efforts and headaches.

Hole saws and jig saws are great for cutting tires. Another tip: if you can fit the piece of tire into your freezer, they cut nicely when frozen.

Hole saws and jig saws are great for cutting tires. Another tip: if you can fit the piece of tire into your freezer, they cut nicely when frozen.
Until you hit a steel belt. Ime, the belts (cables) are small enough that they get into the teeth of your cutting implement and grab ferociously.

Thinking of doing this. Can you post a link to the kit you purchased?

A rubber mud flap works just as well as tires. Some plastics will work, too. A handful of self tapping screws. Costs virtually nothing.

I ended up buying a general kit from Amazon, but I had to modify the kit by cutting up the rubber and the metal backing plates.

Agreed, you can totally make it at home - but I wasn’t sure where to source that kinda rubber. I think you can use old tires. Next time for sure.
If I understand this correctly, this is to help throw all or most of the snow out through the chute? Preventing all the loose snow that gathers up there and turns to water in the garage.

1698547424432.png

Also,
Do people change out the bottom scrapper bar to a nylon material or some other than metal.

I found that the one on mine from factory, is wearing down and also scraping up my driveway, leaving rust spots. More importantly, some neighbors that I help clear their driveway have stamped concrete and I do not want to damage it.

I know you are supposed to adjust the height of the side sliders but I am still wondering about the question above?

If I understand this correctly, this is to help throw all or most of the snow out through the chute? Preventing all the loose snow that gathers up there and turns to water in the garage.

View attachment 64048

Also,
Do people change out the bottom scrapper bar to a nylon material or some other than metal.

I found that the one on mine from factory, is wearing down and also scraping up my driveway, leaving rust spots. More importantly, some neighbors that I help clear their driveway have stamped concrete and I do not want to damage it.

I know you are supposed to adjust the height of the side sliders but I am still wondering about the question above?
Yes,, the rubber minimizes buildup. It also increases impeller diameter so snow jas more speed and therefore longer throw.

I have plastic cutting edge on single stage blowers and metal on two stage. Plastic cutting edge doesn't last long if you are sliding on it. I would install hmwpe blocks on the side sliders if I wanted to protect surface. Have cutting edge raised a bit. You leave a little snow that way but protect the surface.

Checked my rear tire.
Diagnosis is too much riding with Harleys.
ymayeQu.jpeg

Since I don’t have stands or centre stand for the Scrambler and it ain’t selling….

Best way to place it so that tires don’t flat spot? Cardboard? Plywood?

Any recommendations? Will go look for a stand this week as bikes gonna stick around for winter.

Since I don’t have stands or centre stand for the Scrambler and it ain’t selling….

Any recommendations? Will go look for a stand this week as bikes gonna stick around for winter.
Inflate them a bunch.

I've never had issues with flat spots. Take it for a ride on nice days or if you don't want to do that roll it forward a foot or two, leave it for a few weeks and then back a foot or two.

Can you add spools.

I was recently looking for stands for a different reason. You can pick up at a set for $60-$100 if you look hard enough.

I've never had motorcycle tires flat spot over the winter. Or over 5 years of storage for that matter. And I don't bother rolling them around at all. Definitely don't store them flat, though. At least fill them to spec, but you can go higher (don't exceed max) if it makes you feel better.

Back
Top Bottom